Movie Reviews

ArmyBengal

I hate trying to see what all the critics say about a movie and get their two cents. Most of the time when they say a movie was great, I thought it sucked. When they say a movie sucked, I thought it ruled. On that note I would like to propose a Bengalszone movie critic forum or at least get people to put their thoughts on various movies in this one. I figure I'll buy off on what you guys think moreso than the f**king critics. That said, I'll begin...

I saw the Exorcism of Emily Rose the other day and once again disagree with the critics who bashed this movie. I will say this though, if you don't believe that God or the Devil exists, then don't waste your time as you will inevitably think the movie sucks. Without giving the movie away, I just want to say not only did the movie keep me jumping, but it was thought provoking at the same time. I spent the next couple of days thinking about that flick.

It starts with this Priest who is being put on trial for the murder of a girl he was performing an exorcism on. The movie jumps back and forth from the courtroom to what happened before, during, and after the exorcism. Some found it distracting, but the jumping didn't bother me. I thought the true story was intriguing and it will make you think about things. Overall, I gave the movie a B+ and would recommend you see the movie.

Hope to see any other reviews on movies you all have seen. For the record two other movies I saw included "The 40 Year Old Virgin" I thought it SUCKED and "Wedding Crashers" I thought was pretty amusing. Don't spend any more than matinee prices on either.

WHODEY !!!

I hate trying to see what all the critics say about a movie and get their two cents. Most of the time when they say a movie was great, I thought it sucked.

Case in point for me...The critically acclaimed, but more tedious than watching Kyle Boller play QB, "Chariots of Fire." ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The only movie I ever walked out on before it was over. <_<

When they say a movie sucked, I thought it ruled.

Oh man. This is a huge list, but the one that absolutely stands out in my mind was Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in "Dumb and Dumber."

glupiglupszy8jz.jpg

The critics totally trashed it as the worst movie since "Ishtar, " but I laughed my ass off the entire way through.

Oh man. This is a huge list, but the one that absolutely stands out in my mind was Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in "Dumb and Dumber."

glupiglupszy8jz.jpg

The critics totally trashed it as the worst movie since "Ishtar, " but I laughed my ass off the entire way through.

HOLY S**T !!!! I was thinking the same thing in regards to Dumb and Dumber...

I can sit and watch that whole movie over and over. It never gets old !!!

CLASSIC !!!

WHODEY !!!

I've really been wanting to go see the 40 Year Old Virgin. I think Steve Carell is one of the funniest guys on earth. And that movie has probably the funniest movie poster that I've ever seen. Simple, yet hilarious.

the40yearoldvirgin_bigfinal.jpg

I havent been to a movie in a while. The last two that I've seen is Wedding Crashers and The Island. Wedding Crashers was not as funny as I was hoping for, but it was still pretty damn funny. There are some classic quotes from that movie that me and my friends always quote. I was pretty surprised at The Island. I didn't think it was going to be any good, but it wasn't too bad. I don't usually like futuristic sci-fi movies, but it wasn't too bad.

I saw the Exorcism of Emily Rose the other day and once again disagree with the critics who bashed this movie. I will say this though, if you don't believe that God or the Devil exists, then don't waste your time as you will inevitably think the movie sucks.

No doubt. Decades ago I was asked to leave a theatre that was showing the original Exorcist. My crime? I couldn't keep myself from laughing. I wasn't loud or obnoxious and for once I wasn't making jokes. I was just laughing to myself and apparently spoiling the mood of somebody sitting nearby.

BTW, the last movie I watched that I really enjoyed was Sin City.

The last non-comedy movie I watched and didn't think was totally stupid was Kill Bill (and some may call that a comedy).

Critics hated this movie, and "intellectuals" said it was dry, boring, and without meaning.

They suck.

I rented the Kill Bill Vol. 1 just because there was nothing else out at the time that I wanted to watch... I thought the movie was awesome. I really liked it. Vol. 2 wasn't nearly as good though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't bother going to the cinema to see movies anymore. I've been put off by the standard hollywood format over the years: Hero defies the odds to come back (unbelievably and totally unrealistically) from the edge of defeat, to win. Oh, and don't forget to throw in the romance theme as well, whether the film needs it or not - it gets it!

I've got film channels on satellite TV but as soon as that old and boring format starts to surface I turn over to another channel. I hate it with a passion. :cursing:

I had to go see War Of The Worlds. For once, a movie that I wanted to see was getting good write ups. The ONLY reason I didn't leave is that I kept waiting for it to get better ........ It didn't. They would build a scene and build it ....... and then it'd flop. They did it through out the entire movie. By the time it was over it had gotten to the point that it was harder to watch than a Dave Shula coached Bengals game.

When this comes out on dvd ......... buy it ! Then scratch it with a knife and set it on fire so no one accidentally watches it.

Same goes for " Constantine ". An hour and a half of Keanu Reeves doing a really bad Dirty Harry imitation.

OK, yesterday I went with my wife and mother in law to see "Just Like Heaven"... This is the one with Reece Witherspoon as a Doctor who's in a car accident and haunts the old place she lived in. Well, it's sort of like that, but will let you see to figure it out. To start with, it's a straight up CHICK FLICK, so don't wander in the theater to see this one with the guys, or someone will be questioning your manhood !!! This is the movie you want to take you wife or girlfriend to see if you owe her a "sensitive" movie, to pay her back for all the manly man movies you have taken her to. The guy in the movie (have no idea who he was, don't care) was pretty funny and overall the movie wasn't quite bad. Do yourself a favor and suprise your significant other with this chick flick, as it is probably more tolerable than most and you will get a laugh out of it, not to mention scoring some points with your lady friend (she'll be in tears)... Anyway, just my two cents...

WHODEY !!!

I have to agree about War of the Worlds it was horrible

My wife rented Monster in Law over the weekend and surprisingly it was funny, mostly a chick flik also though.

The last movie I remember liking that the critics also liked was Forrest Gump, sappy but good.