A 4th, a 4th, a 4th, Do I hear a 3rd?

HoosierCat

Was reading Lenny's blather at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs03/c..._len&id=1706296

And buried near the bottom of his "scout's take" stuff is a note that says there are three, count 'em THREE teams interested in one Corey Dillon. However, none of them are willing to surrender more than a "middle round" pick, which I take to mean a fourth.

Assuming there's anything more than smoke here, it's promising that there are 3 suitors. With that many, we *might* be able to bid someone up to at least a third, or maybe a (conditional) future pick in addition to a 4th.

I truly believe that no one will deal for Dillon for what we expect. I can see a lower, very lower end pick but nothing to change the team around; I wish we could, but I think that Dillon's value has gone down because of age, injury and PR reasons and amount of RBs coming out of the draft this and next season.

I truly believe that no one will deal for Dillon for what we expect. I can see a lower, very lower end pick but nothing to change the team around; I wish we could, but I think that Dillon's value has gone down because of age, injury and PR reasons and amount of RBs coming out of the draft this and next season.

I say, if all we can get is a 4th or 5th, take it. Beats nothing.

I think the only way Dillon is traded is if the Bengals use him to move up in the draft, or some team is willing to part with a conditional pick next year based on his performance. It's not gonna hurt the Bengals to keep him on the team and not dressing him every week, or the first time he so much as sneezes he goes on the IR. I know he has created a lot of problems for the team but there is no reason to give him what he wants unless it helps the team out...I personally like the idea of keeping him around and putting him on the IR as soon as just to spite him....

I think the only way Dillon is traded is if the Bengals use him to move up in the draft,

Hmmm. Hmmmmmmmm. Thanks, kev, that angle hadn't occurred to me (though I'm sure it's been brought up before, maybe this is just the first time I've had enough beers so that it sunk in :lol:). Yeah...yeah, I could see that.

Cincy & DC have done deals before...they need an RB & they didn't bring Gibbs in to rebuild...Dillon, our first, and...I dunno, someone with one of those draft value charts help me out here...maybe our third? Do it on draft day only if Sean Taylor is still there at No. 5?

Ahhh...I should just drink less, right?

I know he has created a lot of problems for the team but there is no reason to give him what he wants unless it helps the team out...I personally like the idea of keeping him around and putting him on the IR as soon as just to spite him....

I'd love to bury him there too but then you are wasting effort and energy that isn't really helping your team. Even if he isn't playing, his negative attitude will still be there.

It's time to move on and hopefully we can get something for him that will make this a better team.

I say trading dillon away for anything less than a 2nd. round pick and a conditional pick, would be a waste.

If we trade him away for a 3rd.... it had better be a 3rd and a 4th.

dillon may be a headache.. but he's a damn good running back,and 3.4 million a year for a guy that can easily give you 1200 yards for the next 4 years.. "barring" any more injuries..we should reap the rewards for that.

Actually it makes sense for Tampa to go after Dillon. I have a feeling Tampa will be Oakland East over the next few years.

Also Gruden doesn't care about the players attitude, only what he can bring to the field...Never mind that it can destroy a team...Look what it did to Oakland this year as soon as it started to get tough on them...BOOM!

But hey, if they are willing to part with the picks, I say go for it. No trade for Sapp though, for one he is afree agent, and two I just don't like him, and three I think his skills are on the decline and he's way overated.

No trade for Sapp though, for one he is a free agent, and two I just don't like him, and three I think his skills are on the decline and he's way overated.

Sapp overrated? To some degree, yes. Skills on the decline? Maybe also true on that, but when you consider the level they are declining from, that still leaves him above the abilities any of the Bengal defensive lineman! Absolutely none of them play with the intensity of Warren.

Sapp overrated? To some degree, yes. Skills on the decline? Maybe also true on that, but when you consider the level they are declining from, that still leaves him above the abilities any of the Bengal defensive lineman! Absolutely none of them play with the intensity of Warren.

Well, the biggest reason I say his skills are on the decline is that normally when a player is in the last year of a contract they play almost above themselves, but Sapp was the worst player on his line in most every game he played. Now that might not be a big deal cause people like to say he get's double teamed all the time, or that offenses go away from him. Not this year (Not that I was able to see a lot of games, but when I did that's what I saw) I also think he would disrupt team chemistry much like a certain running back that's on the trading block.

But the upside of Sapp coming to the Bengals would be the national attention he would bring...I mean when was the last time a Bengal made it on the cover of a video game? The casual fan would pay a bit more attention to the Bengals and that would help to get the Bengals more media exposure, more featured games, and more prime time games...The Bengals can win all they want, but the networks are gonna have to believe that people will turn out to watch the game...The networks love stars, not good football. The bengals have to develop a national following. But I'll end my rant now and save everybody.