Can't Wait for a Book? Paris Can Help

rizzy

I don't know what the french are thinking.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050819/ap_en_ot/book_machines

A book vending machine?? Come on. In the middle of the night that is always what I want to get. I am going to go get a snack from the vending machine, honey. While you are down there do you think you could pick me up that new stephen king novel. Thanks.

A book vending machine?? Come on. In the middle of the night that is always what I want to get. I am going to go get a snack from the vending machine, honey. While you are down there do you think you could pick me up that new stephen king novel. Thanks.

Books, eh?

Movies on the way next?

In Japan, they have booze in vending machines. I can more see myself wanting a drink in the middle of the night than a good book.

B) But thats just me.

In Japan, they have booze in vending machines. I can more see myself wanting a drink in the middle of the night than a good book.

B) But thats just me.

They have booze in vending machines here also. This hotel I stay at all the time has a vending machine with booze. It is a little expensive, but good times.

B) But thats just me.

They have booze in vending machines here also. This hotel I stay at all the time has a vending machine with booze. It is a little expensive, but good times.

B) Cool ........... Where is here though ????????

When I was stationed in Korea, they had beer vending machines in the barracks. A buck for a 12oz. can of your favorite frosty beverage !!! After the club on post closed, the machines got used up QUICK !!! I'll always remember those machines fondly !!!

WHODEY !!!

french dont like to speak to ppl...hence the vending machine craze.

but i see why the books thing...over in europe everyone reads books...mb its cuz everyone has to ride trains or buses to get where they want to go...

They have booze in vending machines here also. This hotel I stay at all the time has a vending machine with booze. It is a little expensive, but good times

:o You live in JAPAN Rizzy!?!

When I was stationed in Korea, they had beer vending machines in the barracks.  A buck for a 12oz. can of your favorite frosty beverage !!!  After the club on post closed, the machines got used up QUICK !!!  I'll always remember those machines fondly !!!

WHODEY !!!

Mark,

It wasn't just Korea. The U.S. Army had beer machines placed in the barracks when when my Marine Corps Cobra Squadron deployed to Fort Hunter Liggett (outside Santa Rosa Calif.) to do some tactics training against the Army tank division there. We weren't in there 5 minutes before our C.O. had that machine unplugged and dollied the hell outta there! But that's not all.

The next morning around 11:00am at the FLIGHT LINE, the "roach coach" snack truck pulls up selling food and beer for lunch! All the Army personnel were buying 2-3 beers with their lunch, then going back to work on their helicopters!!

Well our C.O. (a Lieutenant Colonel) blew a freakin' gasket! He had the base General down there within a half hour and complained. The Army General then basically told him it was his command, and to basically f**k off! We were immediately ordered to to pack up to prepare to depart back to Camp Pendleton the next day because of my C.O. declared the Army base was UNSAFE!! Wait now, hold on, that's still not all.

That summer night there was a bright full moon, and about 10-15 of us jarheads decided to go get some beer and sneak out to the base recreational area. (the only place we we really had left to go, since all other base facilities our C.O. deemed "Off Limits" to us Marines, and were being watched :angry: ) Out there was a good sized lake, which the Army had posted with a big "No Swimming" sign!

We Marines of course ignored it since it was strangely the only thing we couldn't see under the full moon. :rolleyes: Out in the middle of this lake was a big floating dock. We shed our boots and cammies and took our 12 packs we had purchased at the never off limits PX, (is it called a "BX" at an army base?) and swam out there to drink and dive off this anchored floating pier.

Unfortunately after about 20 minutes, two jeeps pull up with about 6-8 MP's, spotlighted us, and over their loud speaker ordered us out of the lake and to swim back in to shore. We respectfully declined. (Hey, we weren't finished drinking our beer yet! :lol: )

Then they said they were going to come in after us, to which we laughed loudly about, yelling back "Sure! Come on out! The water's fine!" We were mildly surprised to see only 2 of them wade into the lake and start swimming out towards us. Well we far out numbered them and sure as hell weren't going to go easily, and got ready to fight.

Only when these two had swam out to reach us did we realize they were two WOMEN MP's! Not only that, they were dressed in swim suits and had come out there to swim themselves! Plus in their jeeps they had brought lots MORE BEER!!! YAYYYY!! "GO ARMY!!" we Marines yelled, and the party was ON!

They turned on their radio and started playing the rock-n-roll station out of San Francisco over their loudspeaker. It turns out most of the MP's there that night were women, (3 or 4 more jeeps full of mostly women MP's showed up with an hour to swim) and the more they drank, the less they wore to swim in! By time the sun began to come up everyone was naked and hammered!

Too bad we were never allowed to deploy there again!

They have booze in vending machines here also. This hotel I stay at all the time has a vending machine with booze. It is a little expensive, but good times

No, what makes you think I live in Japan?????

Oops. I meant France!

No, what makes you think I live in Japan?????

Oops. I meant France!

No I am not from there I have never even been there. I am from Columbus.

From this post I got the impression you had been, or lived there. Let's start over. Where is this hotel you claim to have stayed in then?

A. In Paris

B. In Japan

C. In Columbus

D. In Your Imagination :lol:

From this post I got the impression you had been, or lived there. Let's start over. Where is this hotel you claim to have stayed in then?

A. In Paris

B. In Japan

C. In Columbus

They have them at Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites. They are part of Choice Hotels. I stayed in one up by Toledo.

A. In Paris

B. In Japan

C. In Columbus

They have them at Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites. They are part of Choice Hotels. I stayed in one up by Toledo.

They have alcohol vending machines in Toledo? Do you have to insert your drivers license first?

Those crazy Japs! Always having that fetish with panties, among other things...

I was in Tokyo for this one:

kanamara1.gif

KANAMARA MATSURI - Held every April 15th at Wakamiya Hachimangu Shrine in Kawasaki Japan, this festival is about as wild and pagan as they get. People of all ages participate in a parade in which most of the participants sport a gigantic penis, and a giant lingam is carried through the streets. Females ride a penis-shaped seesaw, and men, women and children get their picture taken embracing a phallic statue. You can also buy penis shaped candies, or dress up as your favorite cartoon character with one part of his anatomy dramatically enlarged. The whole thing is presided over by a priest, and arcane Shinto rituals are carried out as well.

The festival is said to celebrate the vanquishing of a demon that lived in a woman's vagina and would bite off the penises of her lovers! According to legend, a local craftsman fashioned a steel phallus which broke the demon's teeth. In the Edo period courtesans would come to pray for good business and protection from sexually transmitted diseases and today it is used to promote AIDS awareness and safe sex. The Kanamara festival is held at Kawasaki Daishi Station on the Keihin Daishi in the beginning of April.   If you would like to see a great free video of the Kanamara festival visit TokyoDV.com, a site   featuring amateur videos from Japan.  You can see the penis festival, rock bands and goths in Inokashiro park, or the cheesy graduation ceremony of a kimono school.   There's a lot of hilarious stuff here.  The URL is: http://www.tokyodv.com/.

Totally blew my freakin' MIND!! Huge MONSTEROUS paper mache' penises being carried through the streets by everyone! It was a total family event.

Hell, in this country you'd have to go to Castro street in 'Frisco to see anything even remotely close to this! :lol::rolleyes: