Chris Perry

After seeing him carry the ball a few times tonight, i can tell hes pretty freakin solid.

Yeah, if Perry is anything, it's solid.

Like last year when he was out almost the solid season with a solid string of injuries. IMO he didn't earn one solid dime of his contract being drafted #1 brings, much less the extra money he had solidly held out for.

So yeah, I hope he has a great season this year. I'd love to see him and Rudi both bust the 1000 yard mark. That'll pay back for a lot of what he owes on my books. He'll be fully paid up once he stays off the IR list as long as he stayed on it!

That means NO injuries for him at all this season. Now THAT would be...

B)B)B)B)solid5dj.jpgB)B)B)B)

Me and DontPushMe are the only ones that thought that Perry was better than Rudi, anyone else now?

Not me. Rudi looked 20 times better than Perry. Rudi looked very swift, had great power. Perry looked awesome compared to his history in the NFL, but compared to Rudi? If last night is any indication, Rudi, once again, will get the bulk of the carries. And until Perry proves differently, there's no reason to think differently.

Rudi Johnson - 6 rushes, 40 yards, 6.66 average per rush (Working against starters.)

Chris Perry - 12 rushes, 41 yards, 3.41 average per rush (Working against backups.)

(((Burp)))

I hate it when people act like that was an advantage, playing aginst backups. No, he was playing WITH backups. He had 2nd and 3rd team o-linemen, 2nd and 3rd string qbs, and rookie WRs, playing against the deepest team in the NFL. RJ had the advantage as he worked with our first team oline who probly as a unit had the best game out of anyone.

Not only that but

15 touches 68 yards

Perry lead the team in rushing, receiving, total yards (even including qb passing), and receptions. He was all over the place. And only on 80% after not playing in close to a year! The only 220+ pounder I can remember as of late moving that fast and agile is LaDanian Tomlinson. Perry is a special player, and it will only be a matter of time before hes starting.

RJ once again though, had a solid game. Even a good one. Im excited about our running game for this year

Name the most outstanding Bengal in the pre-season opener.

RB Chris Perry's 68 total yards 35.78%

RB Rudi Johnson's 6.7 average on 6 carries 17.87%

WR Chris Henry's first NFL TD catch 5.47%

MLB Odell Thurman's game-high 7 tackles 33.02%

CB Deltha O'Neal's 1 INT and 1 pass defensed 3.50%

DT Langston Moore's sack and fumble recovery 4.36%

Total Votes 2,798

Yea I voted for Perry on that ...

I think that most Bengals Fans were really happy to see Perry at least flash what he is capable of doing.

IMO, having two good RBs is a big plus in the NFL ...

To start off with you can keep both backs fresh which will pay off late in the game when the defense tends to be worn down a bit.

In addition to that they are different types of RBs which presents opposing defenses with more to prepare for.

Throw in some sets with both of them in the backfield and it all adds up to a big plus for the team.

I to am excited about our running game for this year.

On a side note ...

After the game, Johnson hooked up briefly with the man whose Bengals rushing record he broke last season.

Corey Dillon told Johnson he was proud of him.