Chris Perry

Rudi Johnson - 6 rushes, 40 yards, 6.66 average per rush (Working against starters.)

Chris Perry - 12 rushes, 41 yards, 3.41 average per rush (Working against backups.)

(((Burp)))

I hate it when people act like that was an advantage, playing aginst backups. No, he was playing WITH backups. He had 2nd and 3rd team o-linemen, 2nd and 3rd string qbs, and rookie WRs, playing against the deepest team in the NFL. RJ had the advantage as he worked with our first team oline who probly as a unit had the best game out of anyone.

Not only that but

15 touches 68 yards

Perry lead the team in rushing, receiving, total yards (even including qb passing), and receptions. He was all over the place. And only on 80% after not playing in close to a year! The only 220+ pounder I can remember as of late moving that fast and agile is LaDanian Tomlinson. Perry is a special player, and it will only be a matter of time before hes starting.

RJ once again though, had a solid game. Even a good one. Im excited about our running game for this year

Name the most outstanding Bengal in the pre-season opener.

RB Chris Perry's 68 total yards 35.78%

RB Rudi Johnson's 6.7 average on 6 carries 17.87%

WR Chris Henry's first NFL TD catch 5.47%

MLB Odell Thurman's game-high 7 tackles 33.02%

CB Deltha O'Neal's 1 INT and 1 pass defensed 3.50%

DT Langston Moore's sack and fumble recovery 4.36%

Total Votes 2,798

I hate it when people make a big deal out of performances during preseason games.

Regular season stats:

Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD

Rudi Johnson- 593 2478 68.8 4.2 21

Chris Perry- 2 1 0.5 0.5 0

Hush.

Rudi Johnson - 6 rushes, 40 yards, 6.66 average per rush (Working against starters.)

Chris Perry - 12 rushes, 41 yards, 3.41 average per rush (Working against backups.)

(((Burp)))

I hate it when people act like that was an advantage, playing aginst backups. No, he was playing WITH backups. He had 2nd and 3rd team o-linemen, 2nd and 3rd string qbs, and rookie WRs, playing against the deepest team in the NFL. RJ had the advantage as he worked with our first team oline who probly as a unit had the best game out of anyone.

Not only that but

15 touches 68 yards

Perry lead the team in rushing, receiving, total yards (even including qb passing), and receptions. He was all over the place. And only on 80% after not playing in close to a year! The only 220+ pounder I can remember as of late moving that fast and agile is LaDanian Tomlinson. Perry is a special player, and it will only be a matter of time before hes starting.

RJ once again though, had a solid game. Even a good one. Im excited about our running game for this year

Name the most outstanding Bengal in the pre-season opener.

RB Chris Perry's 68 total yards 35.78%

RB Rudi Johnson's 6.7 average on 6 carries 17.87%

WR Chris Henry's first NFL TD catch 5.47%

MLB Odell Thurman's game-high 7 tackles 33.02%

CB Deltha O'Neal's 1 INT and 1 pass defensed 3.50%

DT Langston Moore's sack and fumble recovery 4.36%

Total Votes 2,798

Wow, Pushy, I think you offered more excuses than Perry had rushing attempts.

I'm not sure why you're whining and offering excuses. I used the stat you have always claimed was boss, and the results are what they are. Perry produced an average gain per rush attemp lower than 3.5.

It is what it is.

Rudi looked the better bellcow back without question. He was quick, powerfull, always moving downhill and hitting people before he hit them. Perry on the other hand was versatile, he was all over the field. He showed game breaking ability. He alone will take this team another victory or two, all else the same, with a huge play (crossing my fingers). This should really open things up for Carson. If everything goes exactly as planned......

Anyone know why he changed his number this year?

Makes that $80 I shelled out for his jersey last year seem stupid...

:)

I believe 23 was the number he had in college, and he wanted in as a rookie, but Weathersby had it. When Weathersby was cut it became available.

Don't sweat it... you now have proof that you liked him when he was drafted, which is better than what most Bengal fans can say.

I believe 23 was the number he had in college, and he wanted in as a rookie, but Weathersby had it. When Weathersby was cut it became available.

Don't sweat it... you now have proof that you liked him when he was drafted, which is better than what most Bengal fans can say.

Haha I know I almost cried when I saw them trade with the Rams and the Rams picked Steven Jackson..Because damn, that boy Steve Jackson can play.

Haha I know I almost cried when I saw them trade with the Rams and the Rams picked Steven Jackson..Because damn, that boy Steve Jackson can play.

me too bro...steven jackson is rudi and perry rolled up into one. he'll be a top-5 back after this year.

me too bro...steven jackson is rudi and perry rolled up into one. he'll be a top-5 back after this year.

Add me to that list too...

All the running backs drafted in the first round last year are going to be studs, though.

Add me to that list too...

All the running backs drafted in the first round last year are going to be studs, though.

:lol: You guys are crazy. Steven Jackson might not even be a top 5 back in the 04 draft! Top 5 in the league? You must be out of your mind. He was mediocre at best last year. Sure his stats look good, but he was just spelling Faulk against worn down defenses. Plus most of his big runs came with wide open holes. He didnt impress me at all last year.

Id say he'll rank 4th or 5th in the 03 draft, after Both jones, perry, and maybe tatum bell. I was so happy when we traded down and the rams took Jackson. I was kind afraid Mike Brown would buy into the jackson hype and draft him. Good thing he didnt though.

:lol: You guys are crazy. Steven Jackson might not even be a top 5 back in the 04 draft! Top 5 in the league? You must be out of your mind. He was mediocre at best last year. Sure his stats look good, but he was just spelling Faulk against worn down defenses. Plus most of his big runs came with wide open holes. He didnt impress me at all last year.

Are you sure you even watch football? Jackson played games when Faulk didn't and was damned good.

The only thing with Jackson is he dosn't have the hands like perry and faulk. I think we have way better of a running game than st. louis. We have the one two punch that most teams wish they had. We will lead the AFC north in rushing this year if not the entire AFC. As soon as perry gets his timing down he will be a domination on the field. I think he will have the starting job by week 10. Don't get me wrong rudi tore it up friday but I believe perry will be much better than rudi, his quickness and versitility can't be matched by rudi.

The only thing with Jackson is he dosn't have the hands like perry and faulk. I think we have way better of a running game than st. louis. We have the one two punch that most teams wish they had. We will lead the AFC north in rushing this year if not the entire AFC. As soon as perry gets his timing down he will be a domination on the field. I think he will have the starting job by week 10. Don't get me wrong rudi tore it up friday but I believe perry will be much better than rudi, his quickness and versitility can't be matched by rudi.

I don't think it's going to be an "either/or" scenario. Rudi is proven. Perry can be great and provide a different wrinkle. But more importantly, Rudi get's paid and Perry is (relatively) very cheap - and will continue to be over the next few years. Let's have an unbelievable running game for three seasons and then we'll worry about who to keep and who to toss if we have too. Me? I don't give a rat's a$$ who carries the rock as long as they get me some real estate.