Is this a superbowl year

Spain

Just got done reading all the new post, and all the good news that just keeps coming. You can feel the buzz around this team. This has me wondering is this a cinderla year for the Bengals. Here are some things to think about why we could go to the big one.IMHO

All eleven starters have returned , they have been in the same system for years most of them.

Palmer is poised for a break out year, he should be better than last year on top of that he has had a great off season.

This team is young and healthy, last year the the O line was banged up this year they could be dominate. Steinbach,Anderson, Levi they are they as good as Munoz,Montoya, Walter. Well pretty close.

Marvin has reshuffled the front seven, Justin could have a monster year at LDE, Robinson has been impressive in camp. We have the best line backers we have had since Takeo left. Are secondary is young talented and deep. With Brooks emerging we go 4 deep at corner. Not many teams can say that in this leauge. Younger playas like Ratlif , Madeu, Geathers all seem to have had great offseasons and should make a bigger contribution.

The power O are bread and butter running play was dominating when JJ was in shape. Some teams just couldnt stop it. Go back and watch Marvins first year on tape . Anderson,Stewart,Steinbach ,JJ were just pounding people. We should have one of the best running games in the leauge,also dont forget Perry could have a big time impact as well. Are these guys going to be as good as Ikey and Brooks ,time will tell but they will have the line to be.

Well bengaldom do you think we can take the Pats out? Remeber this team plays the Pats better than anyone in the leauge. However if I were to bet I would say the Pats have the experience but losing Bruischi could tip the balance in are favour. IMHO

So what do you think?

Obviously let's all hope it is, but in 1988, though, there was no buzz around the team at all. Team went 4 - 11 in 87, made the stupidest play and coaching call in the history of Bengal football (vs. SF), was torn apart by the strike as their leader and QB was one of the key players on the player's side. Sam escaped with his job due to the strike. They lost game after game in the closing seconds, came off of a 1st round hold out in 1987, had another first round hold out in 1988, started the season with 2 of their top defensive backups on drug suspensions and their center of 5 years waived after failing the team physical, and one of their top lifetime wide receivers didn't play until week 4.

The post wasn't that bad, apparently though Spain has a rep for bad posts and I think you guys are just harping on him for it

Personally, I think we have the POTENTIAL(keyword) for gretness. There are too many in season factors like injuries to know, but the potential is definitely there and even the team sees it.

I'm not sure if it's quite the Super Bowl year yet. I think that our new players need a year to gel and adapt to the NFL and a new system, and we will get better. However, I think that next year could be the year. But this year, I think we'll make the playoffs, but I'm not counting on making the Super Bowl.

I think TNBT should should not bother reading if all he can do is snipe at the poster.

but back to the question.

I am thinking no further than a wildcard or outright playoff position that way i will not be gutted and upset we didnt win the super bowl that is deff next year :D

That was the point of my post. I couldn't read the damned post. There were so many grammatical and spelling errors that it hurt my head, thus preventing me from discussing the ISSUE intelligently.

I think TNBT should should not bother reading if all he can do is snipe at the poster.

I am thinking no further than a wildcard or outright playoff position that way i will not be gutted and upset we didnt win the super bowl that is deff next year  :D

That was the point of my post. I couldn't read the damned post. There were so many grammatical and spelling errors that it hurt my head, thus preventing me from discussing the ISSUE intelligently.

If you can't read and/our understand the intent and content of what was said because of a few spelling/grammar errors, the only one with an INTELLIGENCE ISSUE is you.

and/our

It's and/or.....haha just playin.

I think that playoffs this year would be great, and a run through them would be more than wonderful. I think that the newcomers to the defense may need a year to get it together and get on the same page now that they have some definite roles. I think if not this year, 2006 is THE year.

WHO DEY

and/our

It's and/or.....haha just playin.

I think that playoffs this year would be great, and a run through them would be more than wonderful. I think that the newcomers to the defense may need a year to get it together and get on the same page now that they have some definite roles. I think if not this year, 2006 is THE year.

WHO DEY

That's what a post-grad ivy league degree will get you!

See. Sometimes we just type really fast and make typo mistakes.

ya im gettin pretty sick of reading posts bashing ppl on how they spell or how they type a sentence. my posts arent structured at all cuz when i type, i just type, and the faster i type, the less punctuation, capitilization i have. lets talk s**t to someone who likes our same team but is from a different country and english is their 2nd or 3rd language!!! such a f**kin joke.

ya im gettin pretty sick of reading posts bashing ppl on how they spell or how they type a sentence. my posts arent structured at all cuz when i type, i just type, and the faster i type, the less punctuation, capitilization i have. lets talk s**t to someone who likes our same team but is from a different country and english is their 2nd or 3rd language!!! such a f**kin joke.

What's so f**kin hard about clicking on the god damned spell check button?!

whats so ***damn difficult about understanding what he says? and if someone really has a problem with it, mb the moderator should hit the spell check for him - no reason to take it out on him.

I am thinking no further than a wildcard or outright playoff position that way i will not be gutted and upset we didnt win the super bowl that is deff next year  :D

If you can't read and/our understand the intent and content of what was said because of a few spelling/grammar errors, the only one with an INTELLIGENCE ISSUE is you.

Well you do have the option of passing on a reply to it...It wasnt directed at YOU ..It was for all of us and some of us have no problem decyfering his comments which sometimes prove insightful..

I am thinking no further than a wildcard or outright playoff position that way i will not be gutted and upset we didn't win the super bowl that is deff next year

Good point Bengal Steve I think they will make the playoffs but I don't want to get my hopes up about them making the BIG SHOW, as CJ puts it, because the Bengals have let me down so many times in the past. Although, I do agree with just about everyone's postings they will make the BIG SHOW next year. Man I wish it was August already.

I personally think were going to the AFC championship game this year. In this day an age in the Nfl teams rise and fall so quick very few teams have been consistent in this age of FAs. New England is a damn good team that really helped their running game this off season. We might be looking at a Dillon VS Rud/Perry Palmer VS Brady shoot out. It really depends on how good are D is. If you see them getting better every week IMHO look for a long play off run. Dallas is another team I think could really suprise some people.

I also forgot to include in the original post that are WRs have the potential to be the best in the leauge. Palmer has so many weapons what team is going to be able to cover CJ,TJ,KW,PW, and chris Henry. Off hand I cant think of a better group than that. Palmer could have a monster year. Ozzie Newsome is already talking about how hard its going to be to keep up with this O.

If this O is as good as hyped other teams are going to be playing catch up. Thats going to be the best medicine for this D. Look for alot more sacks. With Geathers coming in stronger we might have those book end DE that teams need. Also don't forget that Robinson is a beast against the run and by switching him and Thorton , Thorton who has came in lighter could be set for a great year. Im looking at this D and they actually look like they might be damn good as well. Rember Marvin Lewis is building this D and he is showing us he knows foot ball.

IMHO the real ? is how are the STs going to respond. We have quietly brought in a lot of great STs players. For Shabaz,Perry,Miller ,L. Johnson. Look for dramatic improvemnet.

In short Marvin has made the whole team better again and we wont have that slow start because of Palmers inexperience.

Super Bowl is a bit of a reach at this point. Well ... maybe more than a bit.

We're getting some good players in positions where we needed them, but you have to remember that some .... a lot ..... well ... most of these guys are 2nd and our (sic ) 3rd years players or are playing new positions ( some ( Pollack ) rookies playing new positions ). There is also a real drop off if any of our starters get knocked out at most any position. All of that will come the longer these guys play together, but unrealistic expectations ( at this point ) are as damaging as undo pessimism.

Play offs are a definite possibility. A little further up on the possibility ladder is winning the division. Possible if .... IF ... we stay healthy and keep up the intensity level.

Like any team tho ... if we get into the play offs and are hitting our stride, then we have as good a shot as anyone else.

we love our bengals fer sure...i expect a good team this year. i expect to watch a damn good offense all year...and i expect the defense to be better.

however, there are other teams in the league who have gotten better/stayed the same. teams like san diego, who returns everyone...baltimore, kansas city, oakland all filled holes. we got indy, n.e., nyj, even denver...all these teams are legit. if the bengals were in the nfc, i would be hootin' nfc championship all the way, but in the afc, there are only a few teams we can count OUT. tennessee will suck, cleveland will suck, miami MIGHT suck. houston ain't great, but are not much worse lookin than the bengals. jacksonville has a great d..blah blah blah.

i think this will be the best bengals team we have seen in a long while, but i can't help but notice that the AFC is stacked with potential contenders, and we play in the toughest conference in the league. pitt twice, balt. twice. i'm feelin it, though. i really am. for the first time in years, i feel like there's not a game on our schedule we can't win (barring injuries)...

...who-dey y'alls!

Hey guys whats the difference in us nad pittsburgh last year? You know what that is we are better than they were last year. I know as bengals fans we have kicked so much that we cant even alow hope but there is a reason why Mortensen and others are picking us to be the team that could knock off the pats. That reason is Palmer is coming into his second year. Palmer has the potential to be the next Elway. IMO this is true. So Bengaldom dont sell yourself short this team will go as far as Palmer leads them. Marvin has built a above average D in one season and the O is going to be special. Im not trying to build myself up are blow smoke up your ars but this team could be last years Pittsburgh. The only thing that worries me is the Playoff exp. The lack of exp. can make for a blow out in the play offs.

Hey guys whats the difference in us nad pittsburgh last year? You know what that is we are better than they were last year. I know as bengals fans we have kicked so much that we cant even alow hope but there is a reason why Mortensen and others are picking us to be the team that could knock off the pats. That reason is Palmer is coming into his second year. Palmer has the potential to be the next Elway. IMO this is true. So Bengaldom dont sell yourself short this team will go as far as Palmer leads them. Marvin has built a above average D in one season and the O is going to be special. Im not trying to build myself up are blow smoke up your ars but this team could be last years Pittsburgh. The only thing that worries me is the Playoff exp. The lack of exp. can make for a blow out in the play offs.

The Steelers had the best running game and the best defense in the NFL.

Wake me up when we accomplish that :lol:

We're still a playoff potential team though.

Ok time to wake up, Our power O is as good as any teams in the leauge. Ill take Anderson ,Steinbach(pulling) over anything the steelers have. The problem we had last year that is going to be real different this year is that our O line was banged up and JJ was to fat to lead block. As for the D Ill give you that but this is Palmers second year . Look at what Manning did in his second year.

Then you can take a look at this D. Then ask yourself these ?

Do we not have one of the very best secondays in the leauge?

Are linebackers are they not one of the best up and coming units in the leauge?

Are D line are they not on the right track after years of frutility?

This D is going to be good. You know why because Hardy and Williams were are biggest liabilties last year. Guess what they are gone and Marvin has began working on this D and one thing I know about Marvin is that he can build a D.

Let's have a winning season before we make our reservations for Detroit. I predict a playoff berth for us, but we have to step up in a big way if we are going to compete with the upper echelon in the AFC.

If we went 9-7 I would be ecstatic.