Rudi Vs. Corey

MrTibbs

Do you think Rudi was just a flash in the pan? A one hit wonder?

Not in the least! Corey running behind the experienced arm of Brady versus Rudi running behind the inexperience of Carson Palmer? Apples and oranges!

So far Rudi has looked average............do you agree?

Well, if Rudi got to play against defensively challenged teams like the Cardinals or the Colts then he would have better numbers. I mean the Dolphins are one of the best D's in the league and the Jet's have contained both Rudi last week and L. Tomlinson this week, and that's no easy task. Try talking s**t when he's played a real defense.

If that had been CD out there last night, he wouldn't have gotten any more yards than Rudi did -- though that has to do more with the lack of run blocking by the o-line than anything else -- and despite the win we would be opening our morning papers to read him talking about how much Big Willie sucks.

Rudi was fine.

I'm going to say that you guys are all on crackola. CD is at least 2 tiers above Rudi. In case you haven't noticed, Rudi is averaging UNDER 3.0 YPC. That s**t can't even hold CD's jock.

CD is THE BUNGLES' ALL-TIME LEADING RUSHER!!! Rudi's going to be lucky to get a contract next year.

And 150+ against defenses like the Chefs and Terdinals doesn't count--those defenses would give up 150+ to my 19 pound Miniature Schnauzer!!!

Hey, give him a break--he's a 19-pound mean MF!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah--and it isn't getting any easier next week either--he'll be going up against DA' KILLA & Co.

I'm starting to doubt that Rudi is going to get 1,000 this year.

CD got his 1,000 in his sleep EVERY YEAR (with the exception of injury). And CD got his yards behind s**tTIER OFFENSIVE LINES.

My vote definitely goes to CD without any thought whatsoever.

I THINK YOU GUYS ARE DEFINITELY BIASED.

The logic seems to be Dillon is doing better b/c he has Brady keeping pressure off of him. Fine. But compare Rudi to Jamal Lewis. Boller gets no more respect than Palmer, might even get less respect. Jamal is facing the same fronts, and he has managed to make an impact. I will concede of course that he hasn't broken 100 yet this year, but that's just b/c we let Chestor Taylor, our backup, get 75+ yards yesterday. Besides, he did okay last year even if we remove the Browns games.

Of course, none of you has compared Rudi with Jamal, but the argument stands. A premier back will make a dent no matter what. An average back will only succeed if everything is put in his favor.

Rudi would be a great back up RB, but he's a bad starter.

It's like our situation with Travis Taylor. Flashes of greatness, he'd make a great #2, but he just can't handle the load of being a #1.

But, for the record, you guys did right getting rid of Dillon. Chemistry is the key to winning, and unless you're name is Ray Lewis or Brett Favre, no individual is more important than the team. (Ironically, I can't imagine either of those guys hurting team chemistry if they tried.)

The logic seems to be Dillon is doing better b/c he has Brady keeping pressure off of him.  Fine.

Actually, the logic -- which Barbarian alludes to but fails to take to its conclusion -- is simply that CD is doing better because the Pats have played two teams that can't stop the run to save their collective lives. This week CD ripped off 150 yards -- against Arizona. Like Barb says, small furry animals could do that against the Cards. Similarly, his 86 yards against the Colts looks a lot less impressive today after Tenn's Brown tore them up for 150 yards.

Rudi would be a great back up RB, but he's a bad starter.

We don't know if he's a bad starter or not. He did fine last year and so far this year he's had two games, both against tough run D's, and while he hasn't put up big numbers he's done some good things. Let's give the kid a few games before we consign him to the trash.

Actually, the logic -- which Barbarian alludes to but fails to take to its conclusion -- is simply that CD is doing better because the Pats have played two teams that can't stop the run to save their collective lives. This week CD ripped off 150 yards -- against Arizona. Like Barb says, small furry animals could do that against the Cards. Similarly, his 86 yards against the Colts looks a lot less impressive today after Tenn's Brown tore them up for 150 yards.

Let's not forget the team he plays for.. perhaps the most complete team in the NFL.

We don't know if he's a bad starter or not. He did fine last year and so far this year he's had two games, both against tough run D's, and while he hasn't put up big numbers he's done some good things. Let's give the kid a few games before we consign him to the trash.

No kidding. If people trash him now, then I can't wait to hear what people say about not-taking-a-snap Perry.

What Rudi needs is a healthy, cohesive o-line and not playing against two top 10, if not top 5 this year, defenses back-to-back. And now he's got another top 5 defense in the Ravens. That's brutal.

He got his 66-67 yards and a TD, and had a couple of nice runs last night despite very few running lanes. I am not sure why he is not cutting back more or hitting the holes as hard as he usually does or keeping his legs moving when he initiates contact. Either he's hurting or the blocking really is that bad....that latter is more likely the case.

That said remember folks there are 16 games in a season not 2.

He got his 66-67 yards and a TD, and had a couple of nice runs last night despite very few running lanes. I am not sure why he is not cutting back more or hitting the holes as hard as he usually does or keeping his legs moving when he initiates contact.

Just my opinion, but I've said before that Rudi does well when the O line does well. Never have noticed him cutting back or bouncing outside when the lanes plug up. He seems more apt to run to where the hole is supposed to be .... if its there he gains yards ... if not he stands there and gets tackled.

Pretty much what I saw in this game. He got more yards late when the Dolphins were finally wearing down ( there for a while I didn't think they ever would. ) than he had earlier.

On the other hand ... he's had 3 150 yard games ... Dillon hasn't done that. And he got darn near 1k yards last year when he wasn't the starter. I think he could do some things better, but I'm not ready to kick hin to the curb yet. Let's see how it goes for the rest of the season before we decide that.

As far as how Dildon is doing ............ who gives a ratsass as long as it ain't against us. I hope he does get a lot of runs ....... I hope he "gets the runs" ...... I hope he gets the #@ it ran out of him so he can go flip burgers and be a cancer in some Micky D's kitchen somewhere.

Plus the cancer in the locker room is now gone...No distractions, no vain shallow punk ass whining.....

Well said.

Everything Dillon did on the field with the Bengals was for him, not the team; and his attitude was a major festering sore in the locker room. I wish nothing but the best for Dillon, but I hope the Pats can continue to field a playoff team every year or Mr.Dillon will come out of remission. Even though he only has a few years left in him.

I think we have to show some faith for Rudi, he's a big heavy runner that will pound for the extra yards that Dillon would try to "ballet dance" for. Rudi has sure hands and I think he will impress us this year, I really hope so anyway.

I've watched the boys closely this year and I do not believe they have been healthy enough to open the holes Rudi needs. That Miami D was fired up last night and all over the place. Plus, let us not forget we had a new center with only a couple days practice. Definitely believe a strong and healthy Brahman would have made a diffference last night.

Rudi will get his 1,000 yards.

Plus the cancer in the locker room is now gone...No distractions, no vain shallow punk ass whining.....

Well said.

Everything Dillon did on the field with the Bengals was for him, not the team; and his attitude was a major festering sore in the locker room. I wish nothing but the best for Dillon, but I hope the Pats can continue to field a playoff team every year or Mr.Dillon will come out of remission. Even though he only has a few years left in him.

I think we have to show some faith for Rudi, he's a big heavy runner that will pound for the extra yards that Dillon would try to "ballet dance" for. Rudi has sure hands and I think he will impress us this year, I really hope so anyway.

Now that quote--I will agree with. Dillon may be a more complete back, ABILITY-WISE--However, I would much rather a team player like Rudi. At least Rudi ISN'T the drama queen that Dillon is.

There are 11 guys out on offense, not just one, right Leon???

:D:D:D