Round 4 Pick 2/3: Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU

The Dickerson/Shelvin battle that day was a war. Both had "wins". But Shelvin gave as good as he got. And him splitting various double teams to re-direct running backs shows up in his tape over and over again.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I love watching this absolutely huge human just devour blockers.

I can't get enough of it. Feel SO much better about our ability to try and slow down the AFC North run games with him in the mix behind Reader. It was a massive need on this team. Reader can't do it by himself. 

On 5/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, AMPHAR said:

Landon Dickerson in a couple of those Shelvin highlights.    People would have killed for Dickerson pre draft.

Keep in mind its just highlight tape so I'm sure there are some Dickerson highlight reals showing the opposite.

Really just confirmation of how he performed against quality competition.

I agree, same goes for the Ossai v Jenkins game.  Both won on different snaps.  That is what happens with quality battles

5 hours ago, membengal said:

I can't get enough of it. Feel SO much better about our ability to try and slow down the AFC North run games with him in the mix behind Reader. It was a massive need on this team. Reader can't do it by himself. 

I hope Wren can come back.  Sometimes you just need the biggest strongest baddest dude

1 hour ago, GapControl said:

I hope Wren can come back.  Sometimes you just need the biggest strongest baddest dude

Given his injuries and that he has barely ever played, i frankly have mentally moved on from him. Anythingt they get from his is a bonus. Tupou more likely to resume his place in the rotation. 

On 5/6/2021 at 8:04 PM, membengal said:

Given his injuries and that he has barely ever played, i frankly have mentally moved on from him. Anythingt they get from his is a bonus. Tupou more likely to resume his place in the rotation. 

I like Tupou .  Looking forward to his return 

Brody Miller, in case you don’t know, covers LSU for the Athletic. Dehner and Morrison have had him on HTPG several times the last few years. His obs on LSU players noteworthy.