The Future of the NFL and What it Means for the Bengals

cincyhokie

The Rams beat the Chiefs last night 54-51.  

A defensive stop is now the equivalent of a touchdown.  

The Bengals will continue to suffer as long as they hold onto personnel and schemes from 2000.  Their defense is completely inadequate.  Even more so is their coaching staff.

But what about the front office?  Since Mike Brown took over in 1992, the Bengals have had 2 major rebuilds.  2003 after the firing of Dick Lebeau.  And 2010 when Carson Palmer forced a trade.  

So Mike Brown has been able to adjust a total of ONE time in his tenure.  His most recent one was forced on him by his star QB.

Welcome back to purgatory.  If this wasn't clear already.

As evidenced by how I felt when watching the game against the Ravens, I still really want to see a winning Bengals organization.
I simply do not care anymore.  I don't want to figure out why or how or what could happen with targeted personnel moves.
There's just no point when it comes to how the Bengals are ran from a front office perspective.

EDIT:
I started writing more at this point and then deleted it, because none of it matters.
I use to hope for a Super Bowl before I die.
Now I hope to see the day there is not a team in Cincinnati ran by the Brown family.
That would be my Super Bowl.  No more Brown family owned sports in Cincinnati.
I don't even care if we lose the team and they move.  Good.

4 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

Welcome back to purgatory.  If this wasn't clear already.

I prefer to think of it as Siberia.

And I prefer to think of Mike Brown as Stalin.

When his current spate of purges is over, and we’re finished with his show trials (also known as home games), only a very select group of bengal fans who demonstrate unquestioning allegiance to Mike, or have pretty bad brain damage, will remain.  

25 minutes ago, COB said:

I prefer to think of it as Siberia.

And I prefer to think of Mike Brown as Stalin.

When his current spate of purges is over, and we’re finished with his show trials (also known as home games), only a very select group of bengal fans who demonstrate unquestioning allegiance to Mike, or have pretty bad brain damage, will remain.  

The only thing I can think is that we were all assholes in our past lives. 

This is our punishment.  Instead of Bengalzone we were all on some kind of board or tribunal making really poor and heartless decisions.  One of the people we punished was Mike Brown.  Now he's come back to give us our karma.

Take it and smile.  Ommmmmmmmm....

If the Browns come in here and mop the floor with our Bengals, I can see Marvin demoting Lazor and letting Hue run the offense.  All part of his master plan to finally accept a front office/personnel job with the Bengals, but only on the condition he gets to have major say in who the next coach will be.  I wonder who he’ll pick.

16 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

The only thing I can think is that we were all assholes in our past lives. 

This is our punishment.  Instead of Bengalzone we were all on some kind of board or tribunal making really poor and heartless decisions.  One of the people we punished was Mike Brown.  Now he's come back to give us our karma.

Take it and smile.  Ommmmmmmmm....

Ha!  I agree except that it’s so bad for me that I’m quite sure I was the genocidal Emperor Chin of the First Kingdom of China and Mike Brown and Pete Brown (god rest his soul) were my 11 year old concubine love slaves.  

My punishment is a morbid addiction to Bengals football while the Brown family keeps getting richer and richer.

• Haha 1