Okay, Season's Over, Let's Speculate....

gregcook68

Assuming Hue goes and Guenther stays, we already know Marvin Lewis is staying, answer these questions, how you think Brown and Lewis will respond, NOT hypothetically, answering what we think, because what we think doesn't matter.

1.  Who replaces Hue Jackson?

2.  Which of these FAs will get signed?  

Andre Smith, Reggie Nelson, VincenRey, Adam Jones, Emmanuel Lamur, Wallace Gilberry, Mohamed Sanu, George Iloka, Eric Winston, Brandon Thompson, Marvin Jones, Brandon Tate, Pat Sims, T.J. Johnson.

3.  What position do you think their first draft pick will be?

1. Probably James Urban.

2. Marvin Jones is the big fish. Smith and Winston are gone. Jones too, especially after last night. Nelson could be back. I'd like to see Iloka resigned but they couldn't get a deal done last year and all he talks about is how the D will be different next year. Doesn't really sound like he's interested in coming back. The rest will be signable if wanted.

3. Cornerback.

Cornerback or LB, they really need help at LB.

These are reasons I really wanted to see this team win this year. I figured coaches would be gone, good players will be gone, it's just going to be so hard to back to the playoffs again.

Really James Urban, so your thinking they are looking on the inside. Doesn't really scream an awesome offense to me, but you never know I guess.

Marvin Jones. Reggie Nelson. Adam Jones. Vinny Rey??? Should be our ppriorities. Andre was a screen door at right tackle and he's always fighting some injury lately. Sanu can be replaced. We need a weapon in the slot with speed. 

I wouldn't be surprised is Hue Jackson is back. His choices are Cleveland and San Francisco. Cleveland has terrible upper management. And staying in the division doesn't sound like him. San Francisco is a complete rebuild and it's on the west coast. If he goes there, we gotta hire from within because the reason why we're successful is because of the continuity. Urban. Zampese. Have been on the staff the longest. They deserve their shot. If Guenther leaves, Vance Joseph needs to know he's got the job.

@24 we gotta go corner. Defensive tackle or wide receiver. I think Linebacker in round 2 cuz we could steal a Jaylon Smith from Notre Dame cuz of his knee injury. Corner has to be a priority cuz our best is Pac man. Leon Hall will be back cheap but he's 31 with declining skills. Kirkpatrick can't get picks & Dennard looks average. Thompson nor Sims showed much and both could be replaced by Hardison and Baby Geno.

• Like 1

Hey, chris, long time no see!

I think Jones' time here is up. He tweeted earlier this season that he didn't expect to be re-signed (he wants more $$$ than the Bengals are willing to pay) and Saturday night's game likely sealed the deal. Which sucks because he had a great season overall.

I agree it's likely Hall will be back at a much-reduced salary.

Someone will get Hue. I believe it will be SF.

11 minutes ago, walzav29 said:

Adam may realize there is no as much money as he wants out there. The good news is that the core players are signed. They'll let everyone run out and fish. Then sign them for a reasonable deal.

Offer him a job as a KO/Punt returner or the front door!

He, like many have said, pays tribute to the organization for 'turning his life around'!  Let's see how 'true' he is to that!

my tuppence worth:-

1. If Hue goes would appointing Paul Alexander as OC be a backward step for Alexander (currently assistant HC)? If so, then perhaps Darrin Simmons or Zampese if they want to recruit from within.

2. I think we see the end of Moobs following last years draft, along with Eric Winston and Marvin Jones.

They've got to find a way to re-sign Iloka or maybe he gets tagged. this will have a direct affect on the Reggie Nelson situation.

One of Lamur or Last Name Rey will be gone I'd guess.   

Adam Jones should be re-signed to solidify the CB and for returns ..= bye bye Tate :)  

Wallace Gilberry must surely stay. 

Depending on contract demands Brandon Thompson could replace Fat Pat but they may deicide to keep both.

I think they keep T.J. Johnson as back up.

3. The No.24 pick in the 2016 draft goes to Cincinnati .....who take a much needed LB'ing monster (hopefully).

Yeah, nice to see Chris back around these parts for sure.

I don't even want to speculate about what happens with the free agents at this point.  Too many questions with position coaches and coordinators to guess at this point.

The first and second round will almost certainly be a CB and LB but not necessarily in that order.  It always depends on who drops.  Nothing new there.

Hard to get motivated about free agents and the draft at this point in time.  Still recovering.

I don't know what to think of PacMan right now.

Leaving aside the last minute stupidity, he has had a problem bitching and moaning more than most and finds himself in those situations more than other players.
That being said, he's been one of the better (if not the best) CB's on the team for the past couple of years.

If he can be brought back on the cheap, while drafting another high CB, I would love to see him taking both kickoffs and punts on a regular basis.
I just can't say as I trust him to not be a complete bonehead again.

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Hey, chris, long time no see!

I think Jones' time here is up. He tweeted earlier this season that he didn't expect to be re-signed (he wants more $$$ than the Bengals are willing to pay) and Saturday night's game likely sealed the deal. Which sucks because he had a great season overall.

I agree it's likely Hall will be back at a much-reduced salary.

Someone will get Hue. I believe it will be SF.

My gut tells me Hue is heading to SF. Rebuilding Kapernick is an attractive thing. there is some talent there, and they have loads of picks and cap space. Hue could turn it around in a hurry.

Hue ould take Jones with him to SF, which is fine, we have Dennard and Kirkpatrick who need to start.

at 24th in r1, take BPA, there is enough talent on the roster, don't need to target a position, especially with Watson and Ogbuehi being r1 OTs, and Dennard coming back. Maybe look at Safety, though WIlliams did impress over last couple weeks, covering TEs and making tackles. Dawson can take Vinny Reys spot. so maybe look at LB as a focus of improvement? Also could look at WR, since Jones wasn't quite the same as he'd been, and Sanu is just a guy in my mind. need some more dynamic ability to balance Green.

I doubt we'd see a call for them to tke a QB... AJM can handle backing up until Dalton uses up his chances, or someone comes looking for AJM as a starter. AJM could start at STL, Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, Jets, right now.

I'd consider Zampese as the lead to get OC spot, they could keep 70-80 of the offense and prevent having to learn a new system, setting them back a ways.