New Star Wars movie

volcom69

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:18 PM, HoosierCat said:

The Jungle Book is simply amazing. If you go spring for 3D it's worth it. I was never a fan of the cartoon but blew me away.

Don't really have much time to go to the movies, but my kids have been on me about the Jungle Book.
Took them both to see it yesterday and I think I came away more impressed than they did.
That's not to say they didn't like the movie, because they did, but I really enjoyed that one.

I typically leave the movie going to the wife, because it almost always involves the kids which results in things such as "Angry Birds" or some other cartoon nonsense I'm only going to have to sit and watch a million more times once it comes out on DVD or they DVR it off of the Disney channel.  I'll pass on that and try to watch the ones I like on some pirated site showing first run flicks.

I caught the Revenant and the new Star Wars most recently.
Leonardo finally won an Oscar for a movie I didn't care for much.
I'm a Star Wars nerd, so how could I not like that?

I typically wait until a lot of movies come out on Redbox. Tonight I decided to spend a buck fifty on Dirty Grandpa, and I laughed my a$$ off! I don't think Robert DeNiro has played a funnier role! As the title suggests, it definitely not for kids though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2016 at 9:29 AM, HoosierCat said:

Yeah, I think you'll like it, billy!

I was never a big Deadpool fan; I knew the character and that he was a sort of gag superhero but that was about it. Now all of a sudden he's bigger than Batman lol. The movie will probably be around $250 million domestic and $500 million worldwide and may well end up as the biggest-grossing R-rated movie of all time.

Well finally saw Deadpool last night. Really liked it! I cheered when Stan Lee made his cameo as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Independence Day Resurgence today. It's getting all kinds of hate. Not really sure why, it's just fine. Maybe people are expecting too much. Aliens come back, lots of crap blows up, then we win. Basically it's the first movie, just trying to be moar bigger awesomerrr!!!! if you get my drift. Perfectly good summer popcorn fare. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nice! Really looking forward to part 2.

i saw the new Ghostbusters last weekend. My daughter enjoyed it. It was just kind of there for me. Kate McKinnon is great, and Chris Hemsworth is pleasantly goofy but other than that, meh. Wait for Netflix.

Went to the theater today to see Suicide Squad but changed my mind at the window and bought a ticket for Star Trek Beyond instead. It's, well, Star Trek. If you're a fan you'll enjoy it. Nothing special, just a workman-like ride that might have been an original series episode if they'd had $100 million in 1968. Hits all the Trek tropes, maybe a few too many, to the point where I feel like I'd seen this film before. 2.5/4 stars.

In a sleepless night over the weekend, I was looking for something to watch and came across the newest Tarzan flick.
I went into it with little expectations, but it certainly helped pass the time.  Not going to win an Oscar or anything, but it was entertaining.

Fighting gorillas, jumping off cliffs into trees, talking to animals, Samuel L. Jackson; what's not to like ??

I caught "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" last night. It turned out to be a pretty good movie about some combat reporters embedded with the Marines in Afghanistan. Tina Fey as a reporter and Billy Bob Thornton as a Marine General. His hair was a little long, but other than that he pulled the part off pretty well!

On 8/8/2016 at 11:16 AM, ArmyBengal said:

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot

I always loved that saying !!!

Even after I left the Marines I continued to use the phonetic alphabet daily at work in aviation. If you want to talk to the control tower, you better be proficient with it or you aren't going anywhere.

phonetic-alphabet.png 

9 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I use it all the time when spelling anything to someone.
I usually get the response, "Military huh" ??
Of course...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot was always a staple of the Sergeants that didn't like to cuss though.
Good times !!!

A non com that doesnt cuss? I thought that was a requirement.