Bengals playing in London next year

jonf45uk

The bengals will "host" the Redskins at Wembley Stadium, London in week 8 of the 2016 season, Sunday October 30th 2016.

i know Scottish doesn't want to risk crossing the border( ;) ), but I'm absolutely delighted :) :) :)

if it was as defending Super Bowl champions, that would be acceptable too ;)

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/NFL-Selects-Bengals-For-2016-Game-in-London/c47b1295-82a3-47a7-8ddb-3a48de59285e

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dimster28 said:

If I was Bengals fan with Season Ticket or whatever it is called, I will require Bengals to pay for my airport ticket/hotel and game ticket at that stadium.

But I am not, so NO WORRIES for me lol

They're working on travel packages for season to holders. See Hobs today.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/London-knights-Bengals-for-2016/c3b1c951-fcb4-4a63-bce8-f4ed2537ba8a

whilst never saying never I'd still prefer to go Stateside to see a game.

I think this push for a London franchise will fall flat on it's face - the London Monarchs never survived so why do they think a "proper" NFL team will. We all know how localised the British are in terms of supporting their sports teams, which is why there's 92 soccer teams in the English league so I think a London/England team will not have the longevity and become a franchise moneyhole in the long run.

On the bright side though, if the Bengals are the "home" team against Washington that means there are 2 "away" games from Philly, New York Giants, and Dallas . 

Philly and New York are direct flights so much easier in terms of travelling/immigration. Depending on the time of year those games are played it could be a viable holiday option for me .... east coast game, bit of travelling, cincy game, long haul home ... GREAT STUFF !!! 

On 25/11/2015, 14:52:16, jonf45uk said:

Sunday October 30th 2016.

i know Scottish doesn't want to risk crossing the border( ;) ), but I'm absolutely delighted :) :) :)

i may have to make the journey, possibly via Bristol (rather than Luton or Gatwick) and then train to Wembley ....might even be a chance to get mrs scottish to a game

On November 25, 2015 at 1:21:39 PM, Scottishbengal said:

On the bright side though, if the Bengals are the "home" team against Washington that means there are 2 "away" games from Philly, New York Giants, and Dallas . 

Philly and New York are direct flights so much easier in terms of travelling/immigration. Depending on the time of year those games are played it could be a viable holiday option for me .... east coast game, bit of travelling, cincy game, long haul home ... GREAT STUFF !!! 

The Bengals play at the Giants and Dallas next year, the opposite of 2012.  They will also visit NY to play the Jets.

• Like 1