NFL.Com's 7 round Mock

Wraith

From Josh Norris.

(21) John Cyprien (S)

(37) Johnathan Franklin (RB)

(53) Robert Woods (WR)

(84) Zavier Gooden (OLB)

(118) Michael Buchanan (DE)

(156) Sean Renfree (QB) (passing on Barrett Jones who went one pick later....BOO!)

(190) Zeke Motta (S)

(197) Quin Sharp (P) (passing on Stevie Williams CB from Cal and a heck of a returner....BOO!)

(240) Tanner Hawkenson (OT) (waiting on Tackle until the late 7th...I seriously doubt this even if the Hindenberg signs prior to the draft)

(251) Ray Graham (RB)

Substitute Barrett Jones in the fifth and Stevie Williams for the Punter and I am perfectly fine with this projection....What d' you think?

Also don't see the need to draft two safeties and two running backs only to see them playing on a different team in 2013 but what do I know? Over all I really don't see how the Bengals could screw this draft up, maybe I am an optimist.

7-rounder from Scouts Inc. (via Hensley):

First round: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Second round: Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State, and D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina

Third round: Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers

Fourth round: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Fifth round: Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia

Sixth round: Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech, and Sean Renfree, QB, Duke

Seventh round: A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State, and John Lotulelei, ILB, UNLV

Yuck.

7-rounder from Scouts Inc. (via Hensley):

First round: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Second round: Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State, and D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina

Third round: Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers

Fourth round: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Fifth round: Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia

Sixth round: Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech, and Sean Renfree, QB, Duke

Seventh round: A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State, and John Lotulelei, ILB, UNLV

Yuck.

What's so terrible about it?

Patterson wouldn't surprise me but he's a raw boom/bust player. Watson is another project and he's already 25. Swearinger (not unlike Ghee) plays in a way guaranteed to land him on IR. Lattimore's knee is a wreck.

I like Greene. But that's about it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-draft-seven-rounds-254-picks-luke-joeckel-geno-smith-dee-milliner-matt-barkley-chiefs-jaguars-raiders-eagles-042213

1. Vaccaro

2. Arthur Brown

2. Keenan Allen

it's like a Bengals' fan's wetdream

gets weird after that. He takes a QB in third over RB Jonathan Franklin, then takes another QB in the fourth. in other words: he doesn't know what he's talking about

/>http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-draft-seven-rounds-254-picks-luke-joeckel-geno-smith-dee-milliner-matt-barkley-chiefs-jaguars-raiders-eagles-042213

1. Vaccaro

2. Arthur Brown

2. Keenan Allen

it's like a Bengals' fan's wetdream

gets weird after that. He takes a QB in third over RB Jonathan Franklin, then takes another QB in the fourth. in other words: he doesn't know what he's talking about

Ogletree at #8 along with Trufant and Watson going before the Bengals pick, pushed Vacarro to us.

I can't see that actually happened, but you never really know.

I certainly wouldn't complain.

Oh yeah, I can't see us taking a QB in both the 3rd and 4th round.

Just silly.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda shows how worthless these mocks are. Also shows how clueless us fans are in reading them. I mean did any of us know who Quin Sharp was? We now know that he wasn't just a punter but a kicker too. In the Bengals case they picked him up as a kicker. In reading through this thread I'd get the idea that Quin Sharp was another Huber and nothing more

Mocks drafts have always been pretty silly, but d*mned if I don't enjoy the hell out of the speculation.

You want uncertainty ?? Look through the members mock drafts here.

Most didn't get a single selection from the Bengals correct.

I got one pick right with Sean Porter and even got him in the right round.

What makes some of those mocks so worthless is because they have no idea who the Bengals like or how they think. Some idiots like Peter King had the Bengals taking Lacy from Alabama whereas we knew that Lacy didn't fit with what the Bengals needed from a RB. Ditto at safety where some pundits said the Bengals should have taken Rambo rather than his teammate. But those of us who know Zimmer knows that Williams fits what he wants out of a safety. In other words, some of these guys doing the mocks didn't know sh...

I think it was either 2 or 3 years ago, I did a Bengals mock here and tried to remain as totally impartial to each player as I could.

That year I had like 3 picks correct.

However, most of the time I become infatuated with a player and simply plug him in.

Rambo was one of mine this year. I loved his ballhawking ability and thought he would present good value later.

That being said, he's more like Nelson and less like Crocker and that simply wasn't going to work.

Anyone should have known the Bengals weren't going to pick Lacy. He was viewed as more like BJGE than anyone and that simply wasn't what the Bengals were looking for. That and the overwhelming talk of Bernard along with a personal trip to visit him from Marvin and it should have been obvious.

All that being said and I still absolutely love the draft itself and all the talk and speculation heading into it.

It's my favorite time of the year after the season is over.

You know the draft is great, the day of the draft I can be all worked up about pick a vs. potential pick b but then directly after the draft comes the season of rationalization....of course it is a total crapshoot but damn isn't being delusional fun!

I still don't particularly like the Eifert pick (though the way the first round fell out I acknowledge that he represented the BPA and I am all for that), I still would have rather had DJ Swearinger than Margus Hunt, I still think that Will Ferrall Jr. (Tanner Hawkinson) was a reach in the 5th but, we can and have done a whole lot worse and like I said earlier in this thread this draft was setup for us to succeed all we had to do was stick to our draft board and we would have come out with a very good weekend. All the hard work was done making sure all of our key players were resigned.