Rock is dead.

BengalszoneBilly

• 2 weeks later...

I miss records all together. Back in the day it was a combined visual and audio experience when you brought a record home to listen to. You'd put the record on, flip the album cover open, read the lyrics and absorb the graphics.

Elton Johns "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", Led Zepplins "Physical Graffiti", Frampton's "Frampton Comes Alive!" all double albums filled with liner notes, pictures, lyrics, and the experience was amazing.

Now people just go to iTunes, maybe get a song, but that's it.

I miss records all together. Back in the day it was a combined visual and audio experience when you brought a record home to listen to. You'd put the record on, flip the album cover open, read the lyrics and absorb the graphics.

Elton Johns "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", Led Zepplins "Physical Graffiti", Frampton's "Frampton Comes Alive!" all double albums filled with liner notes, pictures, lyrics, and the experience was amazing.

Now people just go to iTunes, maybe get a song, but that's it.

Vinyl's actually making a huge comeback these days. Most artists release their music in digital form, CD, AND vinyl LPs. Just bought a couple of new LPs just yesterday at my favorite independent record store: http://www.grimeys.com/

I have a new record player headed this way on a UPS truck as we speak and the wait is killing me. It's supposed to show up on Monday.

/>http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Ject-Debut-Carbon-in-Black

Such is life Billy, such is life. :sure:

It seems like yesterday. I was in high school, Aerosmith just came out with "Toys in the Attic", and I was complaining about gas prices going over a dollar a gallon.

If life had a rewind button, I'd have a brick laying on it. ^_^

I was just sitting here talking about the first concert I went to was in 1976.

I was 6 years old and my uncle took me to see Kiss. 19 freakin' 76.

Good God... Great show though.

What's weird is Kiss was popular the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.

First three huh ??

Well, like I said before Kiss was the first.

If I recall the next two correctly, they were ZZ Top and Aerosmith.

I'm so glad I have uncles that are about 10-15 years older than me.

I got to see all kinds of great shows early on.

After those, it's a mix mash, but the hair bands were kicking in and I must have seen a thousand shows then.

Mix in some Grateful Dead shows, Pink Floyd, The Who, and various others and it was a too much fun.

We still go see shows every year.

Good times !!!