Dalton is under severe pressure

walzav29

I don't care. I just want the Bengals to crush the Steelers. Which I can't even remember the last time that happend. Geez look at this.

2003 Cincinnati L, 10-17

Pittsburgh W, 24-20

2004 Pittsburgh L, 17-28

Cincinnati L, 14-19

2005 Cincinnati L, 13-27

Pittsburgh W, 38-31

Cincinnati L, 17-31*

2006 Pittsburgh W, 28-20

Cincinnati L, 17-23 (OT)

2007 Cincinnati L, 13-24

Pittsburgh L, 10-24

2008 Cincinnati L, 10-38

Pittsburgh L, 10-27

2009 Cincinnati W, 23-20

Pittsburgh W, 18-12

2010 Cincinnati L, 21-27

Pittsburgh L, 7-23

2011 Cincinnati L, 17-24

Pittsburgh L, 7-35

8 is the biggest margin of victory. A 40 point win would be perfect and long overdue

The anticipation feels like Sunday is January 8, 2006. Nearly 7 years later, a different outcome would make for a wonderful Christmas 2012! My freedom from the 20 year imprisonment has given me a UK championship, an exciting Reds season and playoffs (ugh, albeit short-lived), and now this. It's in the cards. Would a victory be in any sweeter scenario ... knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs on their home field? Time for the McDonald, PA native to get that long-awaited big victory against his hometown team. Love him or hate him, this would be a defining victory for Marvin. And it would make this Kentucky native mighty happy too ;-)

I expect to lose. If it were Kordell back there instead of Ben, I would have different feelings. Putting aside all the Hobson spin on our great Zimmer-led defense, I still see this defense as one that breaks when it should have only bent. See Dallas. See Dolphins. See Browns. See Broncos.

If we could manage the game with short throws and steady running, I`d give us a better chance. But being in Pittsburgh, our offense will be at a horrible disadvantage and this team can only run through Zeitler and Smith. I am not a fan of Cook or Robinson at center. We need a high pick in there for next year or a great FA.

Also, If Sanu were there, I`d feel better. He is TE-like in the red zone.

I had myself so drunk by the time the Philly miracle happened that I had to go back and watch it the next day just to understand how and why it happened. I had been convinced we had already lost the game.

Since I am the ultimate homer, despite everything I`ve just written, I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Maybe the Bengals will believe, too.

The anticipation feels like Sunday is January 8, 2006. Nearly 7 years later, a different outcome would make for a wonderful Christmas 2012! My freedom from the 20 year imprisonment has given me a UK championship, an exciting Reds season and playoffs (ugh, albeit short-lived), and now this. It's in the cards. Would a victory be in any sweeter scenario ... knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs on their home field? Time for the McDonald, PA native to get that long-awaited big victory against his hometown team. Love him or hate him, this would be a defining victory for Marvin. And it would make this Kentucky native mighty happy too ;-)

Yeah. My lack of patience for this game has my kids telling me to relax. And they're waiting for Santa.It seems like a perfect fit for being in the cards. Obviously Pittsburgh has our number, but damn. It can't just be the uniforms that beat the Bengals. Our best player is AJ Green. Ike Taylor is out. That should be a HUGE advantage. The best feature on defense is the D-line and Pittsburghs O-line is decimated. The past should have no bearing on this game.

Yeah. My lack of patience for this game has my kids telling me to relax. And they're waiting for Santa.It seems like a perfect fit for being in the cards. Obviously Pittsburgh has our number, but damn. It can't just be the uniforms that beat the Bengals. Our best player is AJ Green. Ike Taylor is out. That should be a HUGE advantage. The best feature on defense is the D-line and Pittsburghs O-line is decimated. The past should have no bearing on this game.

Dalton is going to have to grab this game by the balls. He can't be afraid to let AJ make plays.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I feel like the last time I saw you post on this board was around 2009 when we were busy sweeping the Steelers and Ravens. Now you're back and I can't help but feel like the good karma is returning. Just a thought.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I feel like the last time I saw you post on this board was around 2009 when we were busy sweeping the Steelers and Ravens. Now you're back and I can't help but feel like the good karma is returning. Just a thought.

No kidding, the Duus "Crush em in the Jungle" avatar has been severely missed.

I'm new here but there sure is a lot of Negative Nancy's here!! I am very confident we can and will win Sunday. If you have watched every game this year you would know why I feel so confident. The only way we lose is if we beat our self which is very possible as you all know. The positive to that would be that we could probably resign our core players which might be hard if we had a deep run into the playoffs. This division should be ours for years we are the best team in it!!

I'm new here but there sure is a lot of Negative Nancy's here!! I am very confident we can and will win Sunday. If you have watched every game this year you would know why I feel so confident. The only way we lose is if we beat our self which is very possible as you all know. The positive to that would be that we could probably resign our core players which might be hard if we had a deep run into the playoffs. This division should be ours for years we are the best team in it!!

First off welcome :bengal:

The problem with this team especially in the past is just that, they lose because they beat themselves, with stupid turnovers, stupid penalties, and they can not overcome mistakes. I look at this team and think hell yea they can win on Sunday, if they play there best football, they can beat just about any team, but once again in big games for some they dont show up. So heres to Sunday a new begining of a team, that finally comes to play in big games, and leaves it all out there for the playoffs! :bengal:

First off welcome :bengal:/>

The problem with this team especially in the past is just that, they lose because they beat themselves, with stupid turnovers, stupid penalties, and they can not overcome mistakes. I look at this team and think hell yea they can win on Sunday, if they play there best football, they can beat just about any team, but once again in big games for some they dont show up. So heres to Sunday a new begining of a team, that finally comes to play in big games, and leaves it all out there for the playoffs! :bengal:/>

As long as the Bengals have a 29 point lead at half time, they will win 29-28.

First off welcome :bengal:/>/>

The problem with this team especially in the past is just that, they lose because they beat themselves, with stupid turnovers, stupid penalties, and they can not overcome mistakes. I look at this team and think hell yea they can win on Sunday, if they play there best football, they can beat just about any team, but once again in big games for some they dont show up. So heres to Sunday a new begining of a team, that finally comes to play in big games, and leaves it all out there for the playoffs! :bengal:/>/>

LOL probably lol, but hey they win so who cares :sure:

I don't really think it's that people are "negative nancy's" so much as it is people here are just familiar with this team, look at things objectively and not through rose tinted glasses. I'm one of the people that believe the Bengals lose the game this Sunday. However, if you've looked further you would see i've given reasons why they could and should win this game. I simply don't believe they will. They may beat themselves, but then again, they've always had a problem in getting to Ben.

HE MAKES PLAYS that don't have anything to do with a team beating themselves. I'm hoping they find a way to keep him from extending plays. If they can, they win this game.

It doesn't make me less a fan or fairweathered, as some might believe, because I will be watching and rooting just like everyone else. I will be equally disappointed if they lose and will take ZERO pleasure in being right about the outcome.

Welcome to the board and here's to hoping you are right and I am wrong.

I've never wanted to be more wrong !!!

This caught my eye yesterday: through week 15, CHFF's quality stats have Cincy, Pitt and Baltimore dead even. They are in a three-way tie for 10th in the league. That strikes me as about right. Despite all the talk, there really isn't much separating these teams.

/>http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/

You have to realize. Alot of us felt burned by the 3-1 start followed by the 4 dreadful losses. Included was the orange out loss to the dreaded Steelers on Prime Time. That gave us 2 weeks for the loss to sit in our brain like acid, and drip to the core. We're slowly coming around. If they win Sunday. Which I believe they will, you'll see plenty of optimism. Probably too much, as I will have talked myself into exactly how many Super Bowls in a row we will win. So stick around. We get this win Sunday and you will see some happy Monfrayers'

First off welcome :bengal:/>/>

The problem with this team especially in the past is just that, they lose because they beat themselves, with stupid turnovers, stupid penalties, and they can not overcome mistakes. I look at this team and think hell yea they can win on Sunday, if they play there best football, they can beat just about any team, but once again in big games for some they dont show up. So heres to Sunday a new begining of a team, that finally comes to play in big games, and leaves it all out there for the playoffs! :bengal:/>/>

As long as they win and AJ gets me a bunch of fantasy points, I'll be happy. This is the championship game for me, and there's $100 on the line.

First off welcome :bengal:/>/>/>

The problem with this team especially in the past is just that, they lose because they beat themselves, with stupid turnovers, stupid penalties, and they can not overcome mistakes. I look at this team and think hell yea they can win on Sunday, if they play there best football, they can beat just about any team, but once again in big games for some they dont show up. So heres to Sunday a new begining of a team, that finally comes to play in big games, and leaves it all out there for the playoffs! :bengal:/>/>/>

As long as they win and AJ gets me a bunch of fantasy points, I'll be happy. This is the championship game for me, and there's $100 on the line.

That would be awesome! You could afford half of a playoff ticket, or less. :sure::lol: