Rolando McClain

Spor_tees

Given the uncertainty of the Bengals LBer corps in the future, who else here would take a flier on the guy? He could be picked up waivers because he is still on his rookie contract, so it's affordable. He's BIG 6'4 259 Lbs. He would allow the Bengals to bump Burfict to the middle and put McClain on the edge, leaving only one more LBer spot to fill. I pull this trigger in a heart beat, getting McClain out of the LA social scene just might be all that he needs to resurrect his career.

Oh hell no. As for the "LA social scene" - didn't he threaten to shoot that fool in Mississippi or some backwoods place like that? I don't think this is a matter of getting him out of a particular place. I think he's just a nutjob. No thanks. Been there far too often. Lamur has been a pleasant surprise so far and Thomas Howard should be back next year in any event.

There is one very important thing to take from all this, teams other than the Bengals can have high draft pick busts. McClain, Curry, McKinney,...

I don't mind taking chances on some guys, but at some point give your own guys a chance. I think Lamur has earned a shot to play more.

I understand that, but there are only like 2-3 LBers on the current roster that won't be free agents at the end of the season. Why not set up a trio of guys like McClain, Burfict, and Lamur as your starters next year?

There is one very important thing to take from all this, teams other than the Bengals can have high draft pick busts. McClain, Curry, McKinney,...

I don't mind taking chances on some guys, but at some point give your own guys a chance. I think Lamur has earned a shot to play more.

I understand that, but there are only like 2-3 LBers on the current roster that won't be free agents at the end of the season. Why not set up a trio of guys like McClain, Burfict, and Lamur as your starters next year?

Why not draft a guy, or see what else is out there. Rey has played better McClain so far this year. He is just not very good for whatever reason, plus I don't want the baggage anymore. Sounds like he's pulling a Palmer anyways, saying he wants to play for a real NFL team. So no thanks to guys like that.

Why not draft a guy, or see what else is out there. Rey has played better McClain so far this year. He is just not very good for whatever reason, plus I don't want the baggage anymore. Sounds like he's pulling a Palmer anyways, saying he wants to play for a real NFL team. So no thanks to guys like that.

Even if they draft a guy that still leave 2-3 more slots left to fill.

McClain is just not one of those guys I want to see the team bring in.

The Bengals are very young and McClain is very stupid.

Couple that with the fact he isn't a very good player and I ask, why bother ??

I'm also all about seeing Lemur get more playing time, but I don't want the plan to be penciling him in as a starter.

If Rey keeps playing well and they decide to bring him back, which I fully anticipate happening, then we are looking at Rey and Burfict again with a need to either bring back Lawson or replace him. I vote for using one of our first 3 picks on his replacement.

I don't know if McClain is a "s**tbag", but he definitely seems immature. He's only 23, and maybe he is salvageable if his head is capable of getting turned around. He certainly hasn't been a complete bust on the field. No question he has the ability. Both he and Curry need changes of scenery, a different coaching staff, and realistic expectations. Ahmad Brooks grew up and found a place in the NFL. Does any one here remember if the Bengals showed any special interest in either McClain or Curry during the draft process? I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them sign Curry this season. Theoretical question: What,if anything would you give up in a trade for both McClain and Darren McFadden during the offseason?

Funny, I don't remember Burfict ever having criminal incidents involving a gun...

That's what she said?

Chris Henry did, and people still loved him. Personally I don't like having criminals on the team either to be honest, but what the hell? Cheap contract, lots of upside, and I'm not surprised the Bengals aren't being blamed for his gun charge even though he's never even played for them. Like someone once said on this board, "I'd rather have a team full of criminal winners, than a team full of loser good guys, any day."

No they suspended him two weeks, I'm guess to take trade inquiries.

I looked at the stat splits between McClain and Maualuga, and McClain has had a better career than Rey.

Last year in only 15 games, he had 99 tackles, 5 sacks, and 14 passes defended. He can cover much better than Maualuga and that is exactly what the Bengals need.