Bengals resign Chris Crocker

cincyhokie

I was reading the new article on the official site and realized something.

Maybe it's something that Crocker will be able to channel into his playing.

He's no longer wearing #42. Now it's #33.

Anyone ?? This shouldn't take long...

Fulcher. We can only hope.

Anybody else wanna see what Chris Lewis Harris could do off the practice squad. He was a guy that i was very impressed with in preseason, and probably would be the fastest CB on the team. With all these guys down if for some reason they may be out awhile, i would love to see him step in a play some.

Perhaps if they continue to suck or others get hurt.

I don't have high hopes that Pacman and Hall, even Allen, will be in solid health all year. That said, Morgan Trent is out there, and he was certinaly more than adequte. Thinking of the riff raff they've put out there (Jonathan Wade, David Harris, etc.), Trent could do OK.

If even just Newman or Allen could play at close to their previous high level, then some of the pressure if off. Should DreKirk ease into playing, they could end the season with some strength.

How Crocker helps is clear. Stability on the field with scheme and adjustments. ReyRey simply cannot execute his own job let alone setting the defense up to succeed.

If Crocker returns with recharged batteries and can play solid ball, this defensive backfiled is better.

Cuting Lee was a bit painful but if he's hurt what good can he do, all while the defense does its best junior varisty impersonation.

Crocker I believe helped setup this defense, he might have fallen off in the end, but he was still a big leader of the defense, and helped get this defense in the right looks. Maybe now Rey can just play fast without thinking so much, I hope Crocker tells him "hey Rey tackle the guy with the ball".

Reedy said on Twitter that Crocker looked good in practice now lets see that on the field!

If Crocker returns with recharged batteries and can play solid ball, this defensive backfiled is better.

I think he will. Like I said earlier, Crocker was clearly running low on gas toward the end of last season, but I wonder if that wasn't less about his age and more about him playing a full 16 games for the first time since 2006. He had missed a combined 30 games in the previous five seasons. I think he'll bring some pop to the D, though obviously durability is a concern.

And when I say "pop," I mean it. Crocker is nothing special in coverage, but from 2009 to 2011 he was the most productive pass-rushing DB in the league. Last year, he and Reggie combined as the Nos. 3 and 4th best pass rushing DBs in the NFL. You might chalk some of that up to a better defensive line drawing more attention away from blitzing DBs last year, but Gabbert can't hit WRs when he's on his back.

Ifeanyi Ohalete...see free steaming pile of goose poop in my yard

Given what we've got, I don't think anyone around here was against bringing him in. What we're bummed about is the reality that the cupboard was so bare that we had to bring him in