Do We Need a Vet WR or Not ??

ArmyBengal

Army bait :)

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/07/carson-palmer-recommended-t-o-to-pete-carroll/

I might be in the minority here, but I didn't view T.O. as a huge problem during his time here and his season would have been even better than it was, had he not got injured. I actually give him credit for that year and it doesn't surprise me that little bitch boy Carson endorsed him. However, I don't see him having a great season in Seattle due to their crappy QB situation.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:

F*CK YOU CARSON !!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the preseason game, I have become convinced that the Bengals don't need to add anything at the WR position. Not many household names... but lots of talent.

Tate and Binns both made some impressive catches last night. They both seem to have reliable hands (which is more than what Simpson and Caldwell brought to the table last year).

Baby Hawk looks like a lock to make the roster. Gruden seems to love that dude. He brings elite quickness to the slot and contributes on STs.

I wish I had seen more of Sanu, but Marvin Jones looks like he is developing nicely. The talent is there, and he's a willing run-blocker. A year or two from now, he could be special.

So... Green, Tate, Binns, Hawkins, Sanu, Jones - no room on the roster for Shipley, let alone a veteran WR.

After the preseason game, I have become convinced that the Bengals don't need to add anything at the WR position. Not many household names... but lots of talent.

Tate and Binns both made some impressive catches last night. They both seem to have reliable hands (which is more than what Simpson and Caldwell brought to the table last year).

Baby Hawk looks like a lock to make the roster. Gruden seems to love that dude. He brings elite quickness to the slot and contributes on STs.

I wish I had seen more of Sanu, but Marvin Jones looks like he is developing nicely. The talent is there, and he's a willing run-blocker. A year or two from now, he could be special.

So... Green, Tate, Binns, Hawkins, Sanu, Jones - no room on the roster for Shipley, let alone a veteran WR.

A lot of young talent something to be excited about. I agree I like what I see. I want to see Marvin jones run with the 1's for alittle.

• 2 weeks later...

Quan Cosby was released by the Colts...

Just saying. :)

And TO by the Seahawks. :)

Seriously, though, what do we think so far? Have the Bengals upgraded at WR? Is Green-Tate-Binns better than Green-Simpson-Caldwell? I don't think I can say that yet. I wouldn't complain much if the brought in a vet. But I'm not expecting it.

I think Marvin Jones will be the wild card here. He's the one guy I can see making a big difference if he can grow up, NFL-wise, fast.

I think Marvin Jones will be the wild card here. He's the one guy I can see making a big difference if he can grow up, NFL-wise, fast.

You said it all right there. Marvin Jones (and maybe Sanu) is the key

Honestly, I don't know if the new combination at WR is better than where we left off then end of last year AT THIS POINT IN TIME. However, I think by midseason and heading into next year, this group will have far exceeded what we had with Simpson and Caldwell.

When considering all the WR's we have that are capable of making it happening, I think the whole corps is just deeper and more talented. I still don't think they will be keeping anymore than the usual 6 with the #6 being inactive.

Green

Tate

Binns

Sanu

Hawkins

Jones

I think Whalen could go to the practice squad, but if that is the case, I would fully expect to see the Colts (who have priority on waivers) to make a claim for him. He was a favorite target of Luck's at Stanford.