Wraith's Mock v. 1

Wraith

1: Cleveland (pick traded from St. Louis for Cleveland's 2 1st in 2012 {#5 and #23 approx.} Cleveland's 2nd this year and Cleveland's 1st in 2013):

Andrew Luck, QB Stanford; yes it is alot to pay but I believe Cleveland has the firepower to pull this off and let's be honest if you could wouldn't you? All of this is predicated on St. Louis getting pick #1 but I do believe Indy will beat Jax this week and I do believe St. Louis will lose mightily to San Fran.

2: Washington (pick traded from Indianapolis for Washington's 1st #7, 2nd and 3rd this year and 1st next year): Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor; I believe that Griffin will completely blow up at the combine prompting talks of who is better him or Luck and I think both will be excellent NFL QBs. Washington believes it is a QB away from being a power and Shanahan has always liked mobile QBs.

3: Minnesota: Matt Kalil, OT, USC

4: Jacksonville: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

5: St. Louis (from Cleveland): Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

6: Tampa Bay: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

7: Indianapolis (from Washington): Devon Still, DT, Penn State

8: Carolina: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

9: Buffalo: Reily Reiff, OT, Iowa

10: Miami: David DeCastro, OG/OT, Stanford

11: Philadelphia: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

12: Kansas City: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

13: Arizona: Jonathon Martin, OT, Stanford

14: Seattle: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

15: Tennessee: Dre' Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

16: San Diego: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama

17: Cincinnati (from Oakland): Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama. Yes he is projected to go higher but if the Browns go another way, he could end up in cincy's lap.

18: Chicago: Alphonso Dennard, CB, Nebraska

19: Dallas: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama (Florida)

20: NY Jets: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

21 (P): NY Giants: Cordy Glenn, OG/OT, Georgia

22 (P): Denver: Zach Miller, LB, North Carolina

23 (P): St. Louis (from Cleveland via Atlanta): Brandon Thompson, DT/NT, Clemson

24 (P): Cincinnati: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State

25 (P): Detroit: Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

26 (P): Houston: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State

27 (P): Baltimore: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

28 (P): San Francisco: Peter Konz, G/C, Wisconsin

29 (P): New England (P): Mark Barron, S, Alabama

30 (P): Green Bay: Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State

31 (P): Pittsburgh: Jerel Worthy, DE/DT, Michigan State

32 (P): New England (via New Orleans): Fletcher Cox, 3/4 DE, Mississippi

In the 2nd I would target CB or Safety and in the 3rd would look at C/G or CB/S.

Yeah, if the Rams end up with the No. 1 overall I can see a trade and Cleveland certainly has ammo. That said, I am torn on whether it would be a wise move. I'm not sure that the Browns' biggest problem is Colt McCoy. He has no weapons and the receivers he does have drop half the balls that hit then in the hands. Having Luck isn't going to solve that problem, and coughing up so much compensation would hamstring efforts to get better at their skill positions. Not to mention that they need o-line help, too.

I can certainly see Dan Snyder making a big move, he never liked draft picks much anyhow :lol:

I don't think Still or Poe go anywhere near that high. I like Zach Miller to sneak into the first half of the round.

Good mock!

I think that is too much for the Browns to give up for Luck... but they might do it. I have a few friends that are Browns fans who are hoping the Rams get the #1 overall pick for that very reason. Luck will be good, but the Browns have a lot of holes to fill, and will need some of those picks to continue building.

RG3 will be a STUD, but Washington doesn't have the fire-power Cleveland does to trade up. I think that the Browns would be best served to have the Colts draft Luck, then trade up to the #2 spot and snag RG3. They could probably have him for their two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder... rather than having to give up their 1st round pick next year too.

Alshon Jeffery will be the 1st WR drafted. Take it to the bank. I know he hasn't been as productive as Blackmon... but much of that can be explained by his QB. Blackmon hasn't played against top-tier CBs like Jeffery has and he will underwhelm at at the combine. Floyd will scare people off with his character/injury history.

I would love for Richardson to fall that far... but it ain't happening. Either a team will ignore other needs because he's by far the BPA... or a team will trade up to get him. He's a once in a decade type prospect. I'll be shocked if he falls out of the top 10.

Yeah, i've seen a few places thinking that Richardson could in fact fall, but i'm of the line of thought that a team would only let him fall so far before they pulled the trigger and traded up to grab him.

Here's a question for you...

If Jeffery was there at #12 and we were picking at #17, would you consider a trade up to get him ??

Spitballing of course, but wow what a tandem that would be...

Please, no running backs til 3 at the earliest

Get a lineman an a corner, not necessarily in that order

Since we have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, I would have no issue with a RB pick.

It wouldn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone else, minus a move in FA.

I would get behind that as well, sort of what Derek was thinking.

Please, no running backs til 3 at the earliest

Get a lineman an a corner, not necessarily in that order

If Richardson is there in the 1st... you have to jump on that. Getting a franchise RB of that quality that late in the 1st round is too much of a steal to pass up. (Chris Polk in the 2nd round is a similar situation).

Otherwise... I agree with your general sentiment, and am hoping that David DeCastro falls to the Bengals.

Of Course it is super early, Poe is going to really impress at the combine there are not that many 350 lb guys running a 4.8 with his sort of quickness that being said his on the field production does not match up, I just get the feeling that someone is going to reach for a guy of his incredible talent.

Blackmon I think is a lock to be the 1st WR taken IMHO he is a physical force though he doesn't appear to have the body control of an AJ Green more like a Terrel Owens or a Dez Bryant clone without the personality issues.

Blackmon I think is a lock to be the 1st WR taken IMHO he is a physical force though he doesn't appear to have the body control of an AJ Green more like a Terrel Owens or a Dez Bryant clone without the personality issues.

We'll see. He doesn't have the speed or the quickness of either of those guys you mentioned. He reminds me much more of a guy like Anquan Boldin. Not really a deep threat... but big and strong enough to make tough plays. He will be good... just not top 10 draft pick good.

The Big 12 just doesn't have top-tier CBs to compare him to right now, so he's a mismatch. But that won't be nearly as true in the NFL. Meanwhile, most of the 1st round CBs play in Jeffrey's conference, so he's battle tested... but he has a terribly inconsistent QB.

I think Jeffrey will be the best NFL WR of this bunch. He's bigger, stronger, and faster than Blackmon. I guess time will tell who the first one drafted will be, but I really expect Blackmon to have poor times at the combine... and his draft stock will drop considerably.

We'll see. He doesn't have the speed or the quickness of either of those guys you mentioned. He reminds me much more of a guy like Anquan Boldin. Not really a deep threat... but big and strong enough to make tough plays. He will be good... just not top 10 draft pick good.

The Big 12 just doesn't have top-tier CBs to compare him to right now, so he's a mismatch. But that won't be nearly as true in the NFL. Meanwhile, most of the 1st round CBs play in Jeffrey's conference, so he's battle tested... but he has a terribly inconsistent QB.

I think Jeffrey will be the best NFL WR of this bunch. He's bigger, stronger, and faster than Blackmon. I guess time will tell who the first one drafted will be, but I really expect Blackmon to have poor times at the combine... and his draft stock will drop considerably.

If he does then he will. I have heard reports that Blackmon will run in the 4.45-4.48 range but the proof is in the pudding. I also worry that Griffin will measure up at about 6'0" which will affect HIS draft stock.

I have heard reports that Blackmon will run in the 4.45-4.48 range

Perhaps. I'm betting it'll be in the 4.5's... but he will struggle in cone drills as well. He doesn't have elite quickness.

I just don't think he'll be able to be a true #1 in the NFL. He's a bit on the short side, lacks the explosion to get separation, and doesn't have terribly reliable hands (especially in traffic). (By the way, I'm not trying to knock the guy. He'll be good... I just don't think he's a top 5 talent).

While Jeffery may not put up eye-popping combine numbers himself... he is tall, has sure hands, and has a good 15-20lbs on Blackmon. If I needed a WR in this draft, Jeffery be my choice.

But time will tell.