playoff scenario II

combatbengal

Last week I started a threat about shaking up the playoff scenario and I’ll be dang if all those picks didn’t actually come true! All the teams that we needed to lose lost!! If only I can pick lottery numbers that way.

So let’s try this again!

Bengals beat the Cardinals! This is a must if we want to move into the playoffs

Bills beat the Broncos. This could happen!

Jags upset the Titans. This will be a wishful dream. But like I said last week, any team can be beaten on any Sunday!

Giants spank the Jets! This is a good possibility and will help us a great deal.

Browns upset the Ravens. These two teams always have a dog fight no matter what the records are.

Rams upset the Steelers. Yes I know, it won’t happen, but we can only hope!

KC knocks off the Raiders.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants spank the Jets! This is a good possibility and will help us a great deal.

These are the only two I'm really interested in. The Jets to lose so the Bengals can make the playoffs, and the Raiders to lose to give the Bengals a better draft pick.

The others don't really matter as long as the Bengals win the next two.

These are the only two I'm really interested in. The Jets to lose so the Bengals can make the playoffs, and the Raiders to lose to give the Bengals a better draft pick.

The others don't really matter as long as the Bengals win the next two.

Indeed, and I would add that the Broncos winning actually would help the Bengals. I'm thinking we want the Broncos to win that division going away so that there's no scenario where the Broncs. end up with the wild card in the AFC West with the same record as the Bengals and knock them out on a tie breaker. Agree wholeheartedly that the Bengals need to win at home or almost nothing else matters. Beat the Cardinals. Beat Skelton down and finally, finally decisively defeat a team's backup QB. I think letting the likes of Clemmons hang around and drive for a TD late in the 4th quarter is making all of us a little too freaking nervous. Oh yeah, and please Giants take Rex's comments to heart and beat the ever loving crap out of the J-E-T-S! Some day doesn't the hubris of Ryan have to catch up to him?

Wow, this is great !!! Usually we are well into the draft talk and this season we get to couple that with playoff talk ?? While it still may not happen, it sure is fun while it lasts !!!

Play the Texans in the playoffs ?? Yeah, I would take that scenario in a heartbeat should we get that far.

Then again, they keep losing to teams like the Colts and their seed will change.

Charlie Batch will get the start against the Rams tomorrow.

It's still very unlikely... but if the Rams pull off the upset, Baltimore clinches both the division title and a first round bye with a win against Cleveland.

Anything can happen. Ben won't start vs the Rams tomorrow.

Charlie Batch will get the start against the Rams tomorrow.

It's still very unlikely... but if the Rams pull off the upset, Baltimore clinches both the division title and a first round bye with a win against Cleveland.

Anything can happen. Ben won't start vs the Rams tomorrow.

So...we clinch if Jets Raiders and Titans all lose next week, even if we don't win? Do I have that right?

Jets are at Dolphis, Titans are at Texans, and Raiders host the Chargers. Those are all losable games I think.

Yes, Raiders do - if they were to win, they would have us on better conference record if we were to lose.

We need Jets and Raiders to lose, if so, I think we are in the playoffs regardless. If one of those two teams win, we will need to beat Baltimore.

Yes, Raiders do - if they were to win, they would have us on better conference record if we were to lose.

We need Jets and Raiders to lose, if so, I think we are in the playoffs regardless. If one of those two teams win, we will need to beat Baltimore.

Well I still like our chances splitting with balt ^.^

There is a way forward, even if we don't beat Baltimore, is my point. Chargers can beat Raiders (even tho Chargers are getting abused in Detroit this week). And Dolphins can take Jets in Miami. Easily.

But, yes, beating Baltimore makes it all moot.

So...we clinch if Jets Raiders and Titans all lose next week, even if we don't win? Do I have that right?

Jets are at Dolphis, Titans are at Texans, and Raiders host the Chargers. Those are all losable games I think.

Why do we need the Titans to lose too? Wouldn't we win a tie breaker with them at 9-7? Seemzs to me if the Jets and Raiders lose, we're in

Why do we need the Titans to lose too? Wouldn't we win a tie breaker with them at 9-7? Seemzs to me if the Jets and Raiders lose, we're in

We lose all tie-breakers if it gets to a 3-way tie, so that was my original thought in Titans losing.

But if you read on, you see that I amended that to note that what we really need is Jets loss in combo with a Broncos or Raiders loss. If that happens, it doesn't matter what Titans do.

I am fairly excited to think they could be paired-up with the Texans with a win next week.

Maybe, just maybe, they can finally win a playoff game since I've turned 19 yrs. old (I am over 40 now).

Can't see them doing more than that though - but would take it for now.

"Writes a Letter to Santa clause" all I want is a play off win is that so much to ask for? >.<

I am fairly excited to think they could be paired-up with the Texans with a win next week.

Maybe, just maybe, they can finally win a playoff game since I've turned 19 yrs. old (I am over 40 now).

Can't see them doing more than that though - but would take it for now.

You're way ahead of me. I'm just trying to get them into the playoffs right now. I'll start thinking about winning a playoff game after that

We lose all tie-breakers if it gets to a 3-way tie, so that was my original thought in Titans losing.

But if you read on, you see that I amended that to note that what we really need is Jets loss in combo with a Broncos or Raiders loss. If that happens, it doesn't matter what Titans do.

I don't see a scenario where it matters to us what the Titans do.