Texans @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

Early word is that Andre Johnson's latest hamstring injury will keep him on the sidelines this Sunday.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/05/texans-owner-hopes-andre-johnson-is-back-in-a-couple-of-weeks/

That would certainly be good news considering the state of the Bengals' secondary.

Early word is that Andre Johnson's latest hamstring injury will keep him on the sidelines this Sunday.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/05/texans-owner-hopes-andre-johnson-is-back-in-a-couple-of-weeks/

That would certainly be good news considering the state of the Bengals' secondary.

Yep that is great news.

Now any good news on why the hell the bengals dont like to tackle anymore. I think im more worried about the 2 running backs, sure the secondary blows, but if the bengals are going to keep letting RBs break out of tackles, and they play soft thats what im more worried about.

I think Jones is playing pretty good so far, Jennings blows, and Crocker well he not a CB so i wish they would stop using him as one. They should have signed another CB, or never let Trent go this is just horrible.

One thing I'd like to see this week. The Bengals maintaining their aggressiveness throwing down the field. It's like they dabble in it early and have success but don't stick with it. The Steelers never adjusted their gameplan even after the 45 yard pass to Green. They played press coverage and the Bengals decided to throw screen passes and 5 yard outs that the Steelers ate for lunch.

Texans fan here.

Should be an interesting game. If we win and the Titans lose to the Saints we clinch the division. I guess it's time to find out if the Texans are past that "Blow it in the end" mind set.

I'm pretty sure the Saints will do there part against the Titans.LOL

Not to worried about AJ being out,hell he's been gone for half the season anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing TJ Yates in his second game.

Where is the weakness in the Cincinnati defense? Stopping the pass. The depth at CB has taken a huge hit... and with Dunlap out, there hasn't been a consistent enough pass rush to help take pressure off the depleted secondary.

Will Houston be able to take advantage of this weakness? Possibly... but doubtful. Andre Johnson has played only 6 games this season, but leads all Houston WRs in receptions (31), yards (471), and TDs (2). In other words... without Johnson, they have nothing at WR. Their two most productive pass catchers on the season are TE Owen Daniels (44 receptions for 544 yards and 3 TDS) and RB Arian Foster (41 receptions for 510 yards and 2 TDs). Not to mention the fact that they are down to their 3rd string QB. They simply aren't built to take advantage of this defense.

Where is the strength of the Cincinnati defense? Stopping the run. Houston is the best rushing team the Bengals have faced this season, but they are incredibly one dimensional right now (they ran the ball 44 times compared to only 25 passes last week). Without Schaub, Atlanta focused in on Foster and Tate... and were able to hold them to around 3.6 yards/carry. Without the threat of Andre Johnson, Cincinnati will be able to dare Yates to beat them... focusing nearly all their energy on aggressively stopping the running game and wreaking havoc in the Texans backfield. The Bengals still lead the NFL in 3-and-outs... and I look for that trend to continue.

I think the matchup of Bengals defense vs. Houston offense really favors Cincinnati. We'll see if that translates to a win.

If Dunlap and Sims are back, the defense will be much improved. The Texans are coming in with a 6 game winning streak despite all their injuries. They also have all but wraped up the AFCS, especially with the Titans playing in New Orleans Sunday. Common sense says that the Bengals come out wanting this game more. I expect to see less mistakes and more momentum early in the game as evidenced by last weeks 1st quarter play in Pittsburgh.

It's going to be tough against a good team, but I think they rebound this week and get it done.

Bengals 23

Texans 17

Let's look @ the other side of tbe ball boys. How will Andy fair against the #2 Defense the the league. J-Joe will look to have a big game coming back home and i would assume look to blanket AJ all day....Simpson and Caldwell need to step up. Cushing is nursing an injury but should still play. Can Jermaine do some damage down the seam? And how'bout Cedric touching the rock about 25 times Sunday!!!!

Marvin's tenure here has proved 1 thing...we are pretty good @ home in December, and Houston has had a tendancy to fade down the stretch....I like our chances Sunday!

Here's to hoping!!

Houston-10

Cincinnati-24

WHO DEY!!!

Let's look @ the other side of tbe ball boys. How will Andy fair against the #2 Defense the the league. J-Joe will look to have a big game coming back home and i would assume look to blanket AJ all day....Simpson and Caldwell need to step up. Cushing is nursing an injury but should still play. Can Jermaine do some damage down the seam? And how'bout Cedric touching the rock about 25 times Sunday!!!!

Marvin's tenure here has proved 1 thing...we are pretty good @ home in December, and Houston has had a tendancy to fade down the stretch....I like our chances Sunday!

Here's to hoping!!

Houston-10

Cincinnati-24

WHO DEY!!!

"and Houston has had a tendancy to fade down the stretch...."

If you'll look back at the Texans record in December you'll notice we don't "fade down the stretch". December has historically been our best month.

That aside, looking forward to a great game with both teams coming out clean.

You guys got the best QB in the draft IMO. Andy will only get better through the years. Great addition with him and AJ.

Again, looking forward to the game.

Go Texans!

Here's to hoping!!

Houston-10

Cincinnati-24

WHO DEY!!!

"and Houston has had a tendancy to fade down the stretch...."

If you'll look back at the Texans record in December you'll notice we don't "fade down the stretch". December has historically been our best month.

That aside, looking forward to a great game with both teams coming out clean.

You guys got the best QB in the draft IMO. Andy will only get better through the years. Great addition with him and AJ.

Again, looking forward to the game.

Go Texans!

Welcome -- btw. The Bengals are a beaten up team right now. That could be dramatically improved - as would their chances of a win Sunday - if Carlos Dunlap and Nate Clements are active. Clements had a pretty poor game vs. Cleveland and, hopefully, it was because he wasn't quite right. Prior to that he has been solid. If he's back and ready to play, the Bengals secondary all the sudden looks much better. Ditto for Dunlap and pass rush. He's a beast and practically unblockable in the 4th quarter. If those guys are still on the sidelines, it's a toss-up.