The Big What If? (+ Jets@Ravens SNF thread)

Spor_tees

Bengals lost to Denver 22-24 in a game they had the chance to win, including a chance at a 53 yard FG that Marvin decided not to kick.

The next week the Bengals lost to the 49ers in a game they turned the ball over way too much.

This defense can keep this team in the game from week to week, it's all up to Dalton and the offense to score and win the games!

Rookie qb. Rookie wr. Rookie OC. No off-season.

Let's just be f**kin' happy they are not 0-4.

Why do you watch the games this year? If because they have a rookie QB, a rookie WR and a new offensive coordinator means they get a free pass on mistakes and losing, then why don't you wait until next year to watch the games? You're not talking about a rookie undrafted QB out of St. Mary School for the Blind, Dalton played 4 years at TCU and last year they won a BCS Bowl Game and were undefeated. He was drafted in the second round because some people don't believe he has big play arm strength but he fits the West Coast system fine.

AJ Green was a First rounder and no one had a second thought about him coming in as a starter. So if he was expected to start in the NFL, then he needs to put on his big boy pants and play like an NFL wide receiver, and he has. As for Gruden, he won a Super Bowl as an assistant with his brother, and the media darlings praised his hiring in Cincinnati.

So there is your excuses, and I say forget them. This team is 2-2, and their 2 loses weren't because the other team beat them, it's because they let the other team win. The mistakes they made weren't rookie mistakes, they were just bad football plays. The same kind of plays a rookie or veteran would make. So yeah this team should be 4-0 in my eyes, and I don't give them a free pass on the losses. When you start accepting things like that, then you might as well just draft a fantasy football team every year and not have a favorite team.

And not really in the mood to be lectured on this kind of s**t from dumbf**ks. But I am sure if Marvin and the team knew that that they were not meeting your expectations things would be different.

Dink.

Rookie qb. Rookie wr. Rookie OC. No off-season.

Let's just be f**kin' happy they are not 0-4.

Absolutely. Before this season I believed maybe two wins were possible. The Bengals have achieved that in four games.

I stand corrected.

First off I didn't say 4-0 was "my expectations." I stated that the way they played in the games they lost, that they should have won because they weren't outplayed by the other teams, they beat themselves. Then when you said your retort, I stated that it is useless to watch a team play each week, if someone is going to take your view and just say "They are rookies they'll lose oh well..." Isn't part of being a fan is hoping your team wins? Then if they don't win you breakdown why they lost?

There are a lot of different ways to lose a football game, and I don't see the loses coming from this team as rookie mistakes. How many times has Dalton fumbled a snap? How many times has he turned the wrong way on a hand off? How many times has he made a mistake managing the clock? I could on and on...those are rookie mistakes. AJ Green has 312 yards and 2 TDs in 4 games, so you can't blame it on that rookie.

You need to chill out man, by far you are one of the most disrespectful people on this message board. If you don't like what a person has to say, then come up with a good argument, if not then just move on. Is there really need to just make post after post calling people names and profanities?

I am supposed to argue with a dink?

Piss and moan about them not being 4-0 given all the s**t they have slogged through to get to 2-2 and then get in a snit because I mention you are posting like a dink?

Whatever.

Piss and moan about them not being 4-0 given all the s**t they have slogged through to get to 2-2 and then get in a snit because I mention you are posting like a dink?

Whatever.

Nope no reason to argue with me, you are proving my point for me.

Whatever.

If your point was you are a dink, guess so.

You need to chill out man, by far you are one of the most disrespectful people on this message board. If you don't like what a person has to say, then come up with a good argument, if not then just move on. Is there really need to just make post after post calling people names and profanities?

Ha!

Take THAT, hair.

Whatever.

If your point was you are a dink, guess so.

Whatever man there is no need to respond to you or in the future. If you decide to grow up in the future and put some actual thought into your posts other than just ranting then maybe.

;)

I am excited for you to forward your expectations to Marvin and company. I assume 14-2 is at hand when you do.

Good times.

PS: My first post had thoughts. I expressed them succinctly. You responded with drivel and some weird lecture about how expectations from dinks such as yourself would impact this team winning games. It went downhill RIGHT after that.

4-0 sure would have been great. Fool's gold, but great.

As it is, given how uneven this team has been (on offense AND defense), and given their handicaps to start the season, I am unashamedly pleased with 2-2.