Roster Cutdown Begins

HoosierCat

Honestly I can see 3-4 spots on the roster right now that could possibly be given to a waiver wire pickup. Hudson could be released and picked back up on the Practice squad if need be, Whalen, is pretty much the same, Vincent Rey could also clear waivers to the practice squad, and Miles didn't really show me NFL quality play either.

There are a few interesting things that could happen. When Scaife returns does Coffman or Cochart go? When Muckelroy comes back does Vincent Rey go? Adam Jones comes back who goes? Keith Rivers comes back who goes?

Honestly the more I look at it, the roster is looked up with a few guys only holding spots until injured players come back. I don't see the Bengals going out and signing any high priced guys to just come in for a couple weeks. For that matter, what veteran player is going to put himself in that position in the first place?

The Oakland Raiders have released CBs Lito Sheppard and Walter McFadden.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1WvWKdF1I

Also, The Miami Dolphins have cut CB Will D. Allen.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1WvWf2SAl

Any of these guys are probably better than Trent.

I don't get what people have Against Trent,He seems to play Good a very willing tackler.

IMO I'm happy with him b3ing the 3rd corner,Bit surprised Ghee got cut but rest of it seems about Right...

Can't see us sticking with 6 safeties though.

When Scaife returns does Coffman or Cochart go? When Muckelroy comes back does Vincent Rey go? Adam Jones comes back who goes? Keith Rivers comes back who goes?

Scaife and Muckelroy are on IR-- they can't return this season. Coffman lives another year (or until the waiver wire is scoured)

Duh, what was I thinking. I truly believe the Scaife injury was a big blow but it made room for Cochart to make the team. On the other hand, if Vincent Rey stays on the roster all year, I will be very surprised.

I don't get what people have Against Trent,He seems to play Good a very willing tackler.

IMO I'm happy with him b3ing the 3rd corner,Bit surprised Ghee got cut but rest of it seems about Right...

I don't think he is terrible. His knee is a question mark, and it is hard to argue he's not as good as a guy like Lito Sheepard. It is just a matter of quality and depth.

I am also thinking about the D-line. They have some decent players but injuries have been a problem for Fanaene, Rucker and Sims. Dunlap needs to be throttled so e is maximizing his snaps. SO, who can they add to the DT/DE rotation?

I don't think he is terrible. His knee is a question mark, and it is hard to argue he's not as good as a guy like Lito Sheepard. It is just a matter of quality and depth.

I am also thinking about the D-line. They have some decent players but injuries have been a problem for Fanaene, Rucker and Sims. Dunlap needs to be throttled so e is maximizing his snaps. SO, who can they add to the DT/DE rotation?

Derek Landri, Damoine Lewis, Igor Olshanky, or Tommie Harris look like the big names out there so far, or should I say the guys with the most experience.

Derek Landri, Damoine Lewis, Igor Olshanky, or Tommie Harris look like the big names out there so far, or should I say the guys with the most experience.

Yep dont need a starter just a good rotation guy

The funny thing is, Tommie Harris would be a perfect fit because he is the right size to play DE on first and second down, and DT in the nickle. Which is exactly what the coaches want. His talent level at this point in his career reminds me of a Duane Clemons or Carl Powell type. Best of all, Clemons and Powell were actually starters at some point with the Bengals and Harris would be one of the last guys in the rotation.

It's odd how it seems like the Bengals have come so far from years in the past, yet their record and how the experts view them hasn't changed all the much.

The funny thing is, Tommie Harris would be a perfect fit because he is the right size to play DE on first and second down, and DT in the nickle. Which is exactly what the coaches want. His talent level at this point in his career reminds me of a Duane Clemons or Carl Powell type. Best of all, Clemons and Powell were actually starters at some point with the Bengals and Harris would be one of the last guys in the rotation.

It's odd how it seems like the Bengals have come so far from years in the past, yet their record and how the experts view them hasn't changed all the much.

Tell me about there are some young talented players here, now its time for Marvin and the coaches to get theses guys to shine!

Just think last year how so called talented they really were they were super bowl bound right....not when you have players who didnt put there all out on the field and there hearts just were not there. I think they thought they could walk on to the field and they would just win, well i guess not LOL

This year is different, they no they cant do that this year, they have to bust there butts to win

I'd rather have Olshansky over Harris. Olshansky still has gas in the tank, which I can't say the same about Harris. Or they could go after more of a NT type player, as the Giants released Gabe Watson, the Michigan player who played for AZ.

I'd rather have Olshansky over Harris. Olshansky still has gas in the tank, which I can't say the same about Harris. Or they could go after more of a NT type player, as the Giants released Gabe Watson, the Michigan player who played for AZ.

I really wanted Watson the year he came out of Michigan, but isn't Watson more of a 3-4 NT than a 4-3 DT? off to the top of my head (I'm too lazy to look it up) Olshansky was pretty good coming out of college as well (Northwestern? or Oregon?) but I started to lose interest in him when the Chargers gave up on him. As poor as the Chargers defense became when Merriman started to decline and their lack of a pass rush, I just can't put Igor at the top of the list.

I just feel that Harris brings more to the plate with his experience playing on those great Bear's defenses.

So you are talking about Morgan Trent, Gabe Watson, and now Marlin Jackson. Are you a fan of that "Team from up north?" If you mention Crystal Parry's name I am hitting the report button!

Ha! Not even. Just a coincidence. The only Wolverine I ever was a fan of was Anthony Carter.

I'm seeing some big name college stars getting released. Goes to show the difference between college and the pros.

WR Trindon Holliday speedy guy from LSU

WR Juaquin Iglesias from Oklahoma

QB John Parker Wilson Led Alabama to some great years

QB Graham Harrell was awesome at Texas Tech

What do you think of guys like John McCargo (I believe HoF was high on him prior to the draft a few years ago) or Damoine Lewis.

At no point in my life have I ever loved or hated John McCargo and don't hink I've ever written much about him beyond showing some interest in the player due to the position he played. And before you try to stain me with Aaron Maybin or Vernon Gholston, check yourself, because I didn't want either and loudly said so. Gabe Watson? Sorry, you're thinking of someone else.

But yeah, I've got a few dogs in my backyard....including the previously mentioned Kentwan Balmer, who I actually believed was a worthy late 1st round pick once. My bad. That one is squarely on me, and I won't bother denying it. But keep me out of it when mentioning guys like McCargo or Watson.

No, no, no, that ain't me, babe.

I'd rather have Olshansky over Harris.

Well go figure. Because I'd rather have Victor A. on this team than Olshansky, Harris, or more directly....Jonathan Fanene. And I say that precisely because Victor is a better fit for the above mentioned Duane Clemons/Carl Powell hybrid role, AND because he did nothing but produce whenever he played.

I admit it's a small enough complaint, but can someone kindy explain why Fanene is still on THIS team?