Bengals New PBP Guy

I was curious to gauge the reaction to Brad Johansen being replaced as Bengals Play-By-Play guy. Personally, I was not a huge fan of Johansen. I thought he was smug and entirely too energetic on the simplest things - like a first down and was too cute or as I like to phrase it too ESPN-ish for me. I want a play-by-play guy that will call the action - I don't care for all the cheesy lines - that what Lap is for.

I grew up with Phil Samp and thought he called a game as it was to be called. Many times I wasn't sure where the ball was with Johansen - he hard to follow.

I warmed up to Johansen in recent years - just because I was forced to listen to more games - because they weren't on TV - but I think it is a good move that he is out.

Dan Hoard will do fine I hope - he does a good job with UC Football and basketball - has a little bit of that ESPN cutesy stuff - but doesn't come off as smug as Johansen.

Thoughts about this - or does anyone even care?

I am older than I used to be. And I still miss Phil Samp. Someone needs to get off my lawn.

I can still hear Phil Samp's voice in my head. The best radio play by play voice ever. I too am getting older...

Dan Hoard is alright...at being alright. He's too bland for me but there could be worse.

As much as I hate the Browns, they have a good radio team. I enjoy listening to them on 980am sometimes.

Certainly Samp was the best but Brad is horrible. The only reason he ever got the job was because Clear Channel could plug him in w/o adding anyone to the payroll. Now they're hired by the Bengals.

Brad yells and screams like a color guy. He ought to know better. Very unprofessional