QB question/Dalton

For all of the "Don't trade Palmer club", you guys should be wanting MB to have him sit on the bench behind Dalton to really show him a lesson.

Yeah, that'll show him a lesson, AND THE FANS TOO WHEN THEY GO 4-12 AGAIN !!!!

I don't give a sh*t if he hurt anybody's feelings by his frustration with the Organization, he still gives the Bengals the best chance to win NOW (with a much easier schedule this year). I just want them to win, and Carson gives them the best chance of doing that. I don't want to sit through another 4-12 season.

Hate him if you like, but he didn't pull an Ochocinco. He NEVER went to the media, and even though the media has been hounding him, he has NEVER slammed the organization publicly. He took his feelings to Mike Brown. Don't you think you'd be frustrated if you were stuck on this miserable franchise? And before you say it, yes, he did sign an extension in 2005, but HE NEVER WENT TO THE BENGALS FOR AN EXTENSION, THEY CAME TO HIM TO REDUCE THE SALARY CAP # and add years.....And you REALLY think he wasn't lied to by Mike Brown as to which way the franchise was headed? I'm sure Mikey Boy made all kinds of promises his b*tch ass didn't keep.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2274314

I agree that Palmer's skills give them the best chance to win. However, the fact that he doens't want to play for the Bengals negates that fact. If he were to play here and start, it would be because he half-ass wants to play. I just don't see how having your starting QB, who wants off the team, is a recipe for success. No way.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals are not winning this year regardless of who starts at qb. If, for some reason, Palmer is back and they start him for awhile while Dalton learns, I have no problem with that, if that is judged best for Dalton's development.

In fact, if that were to happen and Palmer were to look decent, THEN I can see Mike Brown being more open to trading him and his trade value would be enhanced. For all of you give-in-to-the-baby's-demands-and-trade-him people, I would think you would welcome him back to start for a bit and then be traded, frankly.

Bengals are not winning this year regardless of who starts at qb. If, for some reason, Palmer is back and they start him for awhile while Dalton learns, I have no problem with that, if that is judged best for Dalton's development.

In fact, if that were to happen and Palmer were to look decent, THEN I can see Mike Brown being more open to trading him and his trade value would be enhanced. For all of you give-in-to-the-baby's-demands-and-trade-him people, I would think you would welcome him back to start for a bit and then be traded, frankly.

That's still giving in to his demands. And, no, I don't see how starting a QB who doesn't want to be here makes sense. His own teammates feel that way.

A few things:

I don't wish palmer ill will by any stretch. That's just bad karma. I do however, take issue with how he has gone about things. No, I do't care that he has kept it out of the media. With his little demand, he forced this team to do something in the draft they might not have done otherwise and that is bullsh*t coming from your franchise QB. So, I'm not wishing death, but question his professionalism.

Next, I'm not of the trade him at all costs guy either. While I wholeheartedly endorse getting rid of him, it still has to be for the right price, which I still contend could be a late first. I would conceed nothing more than a 2nd that could bump to a first depending on how he does with his new team. If you can't get that fine, don't do it.

I don't believe with a new coordinator and new offensive scheme that Carson is 100% the better option to win. I agree his experience and knowledge of this team help, but his unwillingness and lack of desire taint the overall percentages of his being the best way to go. I also don't want to see him here when he doesn't want to be here and having it stunt the development of Dalton.

So if Carson is back, I would certainly root for anything that helps increase his trade value in the future, but no to a degree that costs Dalton another season of making an impact on the field. I mean seriously, it's not like the 2011 Bengals are going to the playoffs regardless of who is under center. If you think so, then fine, but the odds certainly would GREATLY suggest otherwise.

So if Carson is back, I would certainly root for anything that helps increase his trade value in the future, but no to a degree that costs Dalton another season of making an impact on the field. I mean seriously, it's not like the 2011 Bengals are going to the playoffs regardless of who is under center. If you think so, then fine, but the odds certainly would GREATLY suggest otherwise.

This. While I agree that you can make a solid argument in favor of a "play-and-trade" scenario for Palmer (assuming, of course, he would actually return), I think you can make an equally strong, if not stronger, case for moving on immediately.