5th Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

Zimmer is famous for liking big fast safeties. That would be Sands I suppose. Although I think we might still get Deunta Williams in the 6th if we wait. Not quite a hitter though, and Sands has the rep for being the biggest hitter at the position in the draft. Of course, Marvin White had that rep a few years ago and in the NFL he could lay the lumber - if hitting air counts.

I want Ahmad Black. He is a football player. Nevermind the speed issue, he plays faster than he tests. I think he will be the steal of the draft.

He's too small and not very physical. Not Zim's kind of SS.

Yes he is small.

Not Physical? Wrong.

He is a big hitter and also stout against the run. Out of all of the safeties in the draft he is probably the best against the run.

Want great value and a position that should be addressed ??

Brandon Burton, CB, Utah

Burton could become a great starting corner for a team with a press-heavy scheme. Very adept at disrupting receivers releasing off the line and can flip his hips but may struggle to recover when beaten by top NFL deep threats. Does a good job reading the passer in off-man coverage and closes quickly after the catch but could do a better job of recognizing run. Has the mentality and physical tools to eventually improve in run support but takes too long to shed and is only adequate at breaking down in space.

Burton has a nice combination of height and speed. Uses his length to jam and re-route receivers at the line and shows the ability to recover. Does a nice job in off-man reacting to the football in front of him. Can rack up the PBUs and break up the jump ball.

I want Ahmad Black. He is a football player. Nevermind the speed issue, he plays faster than he tests. I think he will be the steal of the draft.

He's too small and not very physical. Not Zim's kind of SS.

Yes he is small.

Not Physical? Wrong.

He is a big hitter and also stout against the run. Out of all of the safeties in the draft he is probably the best against the run.

He's a decent tackler... but he's a cover-2 safety. He's not a good fit with Cincy. He's too small to be an in-the-box safety in the NFL, and too slow to be a cover FS.

I'm not saying he stinks... he just doesn't fit with the Bengals' scheme.