Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

I have mixed feelings on this.

On the one hand, I don't want the Bengals to reward Palmer with a trade that gives the Bengals nothing in the present... and only future compensation (that is nothing more than potential).

On the other hand... a 1st rounder, and another conditional pick? If there is any truth to that, I think you have to laugh all the way to the bank (and all the Mike Brown haters who say he played this all wrong can go f**k themselves).

I have mixed feelings on this.

On the one hand, I don't want the Bengals to reward Palmer with a trade that gives the Bengals nothing in the present... and only future compensation (that is nothing more than potential).

On the other hand... a 1st rounder, and another conditional pick? If there is any truth to that, I think you have to laugh all the way to the bank (and all the Mike Brown haters who say he played this all wrong can go f**k themselves).

This is true. I have been critical of MB but in the last few weeks have been in agreement with the notion of waiting until the offseason. And if we do get a first round pick, I will indeed eat a dick shaped cracker.

Holy smokes. It could turn into a conditional 2013 #1 pick as well.

Mort made it sound like the Bengals may be the ones giving the conditional 2013 1st round pick.

If that's the case, what is the condition? I might not be in favor after-all.

That wouldn't make much sense for us to give up a top pick.

Holy smokes. It could turn into a conditional 2013 #1 pick as well.

Mort made it sound like the Bengals may be the ones giving the conditional 2013 1st round pick.

If that's the case, what is the condition? I might not be in favor after-all.

That wouldn't make much sense for us to give up a top pick.

Agreed. I think Mort just worded it poorly. No one else is saying that.

megamerge this into the CP thread, and onto 200 pages we go

Unless the compensation for Palmer draws a lot of controversy... I think the 100 page dream just might die.

How can you say that when we are at 97! LIVE THE DREAM Derek!!!! :-)

ONTO 200 pages....and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you would have to think with Palmer's play influencing our future pick...this thread might easily hit 200 pages. If not just for humor sake.

It's official. 2012 #1 and 2013 for a conditional #1. That's a great trade. Mike was right. We were wrong.

Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

I will not be thrown under this "we" bus. I agreed with Mike Brown every f**king step of the way.

You know what else? The owner that everyone loves to slam (me included) finally got the CBA done that makes paying 2 first round picks possible. Back to back years, no less. The rookie wage scale makes all of this possible.

It's official. 2012 #1 and 2013 for a conditional #1. That's a great trade. Mike was right. We were wrong.

Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

I will not be thrown under this "we" bus. I agreed with Mike Brown every f**king step of the way.

This is no time for little disputes. That's quite alot for Palmer. That's great for Bengal fans. I apologize for not rememberingthe thread you titled, "Let's hold onto Palmer until Jason Campbell goes down and Oakland offers the world for Carson Palmer"