Ohio State now has it's own problems

It appears no schools are immune from impropriety.

Feigned ignorance equals bliss, full bowl roster for Ohio State

By Dennis Dodd

CBSSports.com Senior Writer

The stereotype of the big, dumb jock is not dead. The NCAA is telling us this loudly and boldly. From the organization that gave us Cam Didn't Know comes Five Football Student-Athletes From Ohio State Who Didn't Know.

Terrelle Pryor and his partners in crime could take off for the NFL after playing in the Sugar Bowl. Incredibly, that was the NCAA's explanation for not suspending for the Sugar Bowl five Buckeyes who sold their souls -- or came darn close. They didn't know it was wrong to sell their jerseys, trophies and keepsakes. As it stands, the five players will miss the first five games of the 2011 season for selling awards, gifts and uniform gear and getting various extra benefits. A sixth must sit out the first game of 2011 for lesser violations.

The rest of the article can be read here.

Well, the newest twist is all 5 players will be coming back for their senior season. WHY ??

We are now being told in order for them to play in the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas, they had to "pledge" to come back for their senior season or they would not be permitted to play. I'm not sure that is exactly legal in the grand scheme of things and it sounds kind of off, but whatever.

Well, the newest twist is all 5 players will be coming back for their senior season. WHY ??

We are now being told in order for them to play in the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas, they had to "pledge" to come back for their senior season or they would not be permitted to play. I'm not sure that is exactly legal in the grand scheme of things and it sounds kind of off, but whatever.

I think it's just to put the controversy on the back burner. Surely some or all of them will change their minds after the bowl game and begin what I think will be NFL careers that will all be on the low end of mediocre.