AFC North Gameday Thread

BengalszoneBilly

Finally the Pats get on the board! :lol:

Patriots won't lose. Best team in the NFL at adjustments. It's almost as if they sit back sometimes and let the other team take their best shot so they can see what they are doing. Then they make and adjustment to stop the other team's success.

Patriots win this game by at least 2 scores.

Hopefully, the Dolphins will pull this one out.

Finally the Pats get on the board! :lol:

Patriots won't lose. Best team in the NFL at adjustments. It's almost as if they sit back sometimes and let the other team take their best shot so they can see what they are doing. Then they make and adjustment to stop the other team's success.

Patriots win this game by at least 2 scores.

Hopefully, the Dolphins will pull this one out.

Just as I say that the Brows score another TD. Wow. Looks like McCoy might stick around.

Wow watching the Browns pound the ball, really makes me miss the run game even more. At least the browns know when the run game is working you keep running the ball.

F**k watching them running the ball. Watch their rookie QB Colt McCoy do what Carson Palmer couldn't! Browns up 24-7!?!

Wow watching the Browns pound the ball, really makes me miss the run game even more. At least the browns know when the run game is working you keep running the ball.

F**k watching them running the ball. Watch their rookie QB Colt McCoy do what Carson Palmer couldn't!

Or that! Even so its amazing what a team can look like when everyone is on the same page. It makes me sick watching the browns, and then seeing the crap the bengals put on the field. Whatever anymore

F**k watching them running the ball. Watch their rookie QB Colt McCoy do what Carson Palmer couldn't!

Or that! Even so its amazing what a team can look like when everyone is on the same page. It makes me sick watching the browns, and then seeing the crap the bengals put on the field. Whatever anymore

Come Tuesday the Bengals will have sole possession of last place in the division. <_<

The stains putting some brown on the pats. How? Pounding the rock.

Sounds like what the bengals did last year to win the division? However this year the bengals turned into pu**ies, and forgot how to play physical.

With no offense to the mentally disabled but the Bengals are retarded. Probably the only team who would intentionally over-change what was not broken.

The stains putting some brown on the pats. How? Pounding the rock.

Sounds like what the bengals did last year to win the division? However this year the bengals turned into pu**ies, and forgot how to play physical.

With no offense to the mentally disabled but the Bengals are retarded. Probably the only team who would intentionally over-change what was not broken.

Yep why changed what worked....just to make the diva WR happy??? Worse mistake this team ever made. At least last year they knew how to put teams away, and actully knew how to run the ball on 3rd and short.

The stains putting some brown on the pats. How? Pounding the rock. Playing great defense.

Fixed it for ya. The Browns won because they only let NE score 14 points, and 7 of those came in garbage time. This against a Patriots team that was averaging more than 29 points a game, 1st in the NFL.

The stains putting some brown on the pats. How? Pounding the rock. Playing great defense.

Fixed it for ya. The Browns won because they only let NE score 14 points, and 7 of those came in garbage time. This against a Patriots team that was averaging more than 29 points a game, 1st in the NFL.

They did play good defense. However, when you effectively run the football and score you take a whole lot of time off the clock. You force the other team to throw because they are losing. Knowing the team has to throw benefits your defense.

We saw how it helped the Bengals defense last year. Colt McCoy and the Browns are not winning that game without Hillis today.

I agree, it is both but I think it is consequential. Running the ball while leading forces NE to be one dimensional. It is an easier position to play defense from.

The Cleveland defense played lights out as well.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/19978/page/MNF/its-time-to-blow-up-the-bengals

For the Bengals, this new ESPN article declared it is time to "blow it up". Tough to disagree.

Hillis ran the ball 29 times for 180 some yards, if thats not pounding the rock then i dont know what is. There defense was good because the Browns held on to the ball and there defense was well rested. Kind of sounded like how the bengals played last year dosnt it? Just sayin there defense did play awsome but so did the running game

They did play good defense. However, when you effectively run the football and score you take a whole lot of time off the clock. You force the other team to throw because they are losing. Knowing the team has to throw benefits your defense.

Of course. But it starts with playing good defense and getting a lead. If you run the ball and play bad defense you are going to see a lot of games in which you score 14-20 points and lose.

Hillis ran the ball 29 times for 180 some yards, if thats not pounding the rock then i dont know what is. There defense was good because the Browns held on to the ball and there defense was well rested. Kind of sounded like how the bengals played last year dosnt it? Just sayin there defense did play awsome but so did the running game

It's not about whether they pounded the rock, it's a question of cause and effect. Team don't win when they run, they run when they win. And yes, it sounds a lot like last year's Bengals in the latter half of the season, but we don't have that defense now.

Of course. But it starts with playing good defense and getting a lead. If you run the ball and play bad defense you are going to see a lot of games in which you score 14-20 points and lose.

When was the last time a team ran for 230 yards and lost?

The nice thing about dominating with the run game is that there is no "it starts with". Running the ball effectively is the surest way to impose your will on an opponent. It eats the clock, it tires the other team out, and it makes their offense one demensional.

I agree, it is both but I think it is consequential. Running the ball while leading forces NE to be one dimensional. It is an easier position to play defense from.

Certainly true. And NE's situation today is pretty much where the Bengals have been all season.

230 I don't know, but I do know the last time a team ran for 171 yards and lost. <_<

The nice thing about dominating with the run game is that there is no "it starts with". Running the ball effectively is the surest way to impose your will on an opponent. It eats the clock, it tires the other team out, and it makes their offense one demensional.

Well, then why didn't the Browns do this all day? Most of their runs came in the second half after they had already piled up a lead.

I know this isn't about the AFC North, but Indy just lost to Philly after Manning threw a game ending INT. This especially makes me happy after Peyton's helmet was grazed by a hand of a DE, and the refs couldn't throw the flags fast enough. If this keeps up, we might as well be dressed up in skirts and watching f**king soccer dudes.

230 I don't know, but I do know the last time a team ran for 171 yards and lost. <_<

Well, then why didn't the Browns do this all day? Most of their runs came in the second half after they had already piled up a lead.

I didn't watch the whole game but when I looked at the beginning of the second quarter they already had 95 yards rushing.