Adam Jones and Dan Coats: Gone

Sea Ray

Unfortunately we've lost Adam Jones for the yr due to a neck injury suffered on the 2 pt conversion after his TD. This is a blow

I'm sure some fans will be glad to see that their favorite punching bag, TE Dan Coats has been cut in favor of JP Foschi

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Adam-Jones-to-IR-Coats-cut-Foschi-re-signed/51a43676-5910-465e-9b88-67a03e7f1c76

Things are looking up for the offense now!

Bad news about Jones. He has been a welcome addition. Does that mean that MTrent is the starting CB now if Joseph is out? Any help on the PS?

Possibly Jeromy Miles but he's really green. He has good physical tools but he came from a small school so his experience vs top notch competition is nil

I suppose we'll see more of Trent, which is fine, as long as he is not goosing the #1 Wide outs. Good thing they again addressed the TE spot, that is the secret problem on this team <sarcasm laid on heavy>.

No consideration yet for getting the pass rush moving... Wise choice there, Marv and SoP.

Marv has now officially gone lame duck. He's outta here.

With the trading deadline here and gone a week ago does that mean the Bengals would have to get someone's left overs off the waiver wire? Or is there still a process that teams can use to trade? Or starting out 2-4 it wouldn't be worth spending picks to get secondary help? I don't know, just brain storming here.

Well, we can hope JJoe gets healthy quick. Other than that, we have Trent starting at CB and looks like Ghee will play the nickel. Boy that David Jones for Reggie Nelson trade sure does look good now doesn't it?:huh: Nelson looks like a bag of crap...Just Saying....Hope he improves, beause if he does, they might be able to slide Crocker at CB in a pinch and have Nelson at Safety.

I believe JJoe should be good this week though....so....FOCUS ON THE DAMN PASS RUSH NOW!!!!!!

Foschi never should have been cut from the start and this wouldn't have been a move to be made. That being said, I don't know why the move needed to be made at all. I mean they still have Chase Coffman sitting on the practice squad and Kelly isn't going to be back next year, so how about getting him some reps if they are throwing caution to the wind ??

Adam Jones was having a season most didn't see coming and I was really happy for him.

His injury is a real shame and I hope he keeps his head up.

I'm still not a fan of Trent and wouldn't mind seeing Ghee get some playing time. I had forgotten that we traded for Nelson and with the injury to Roy Williams, I'm surprised we haven't heard his name brought up in any shape, form, or fahsion.

Per the Enquirer:

Bengals had FB Chris Pressley in for a workout on Tuesday.

Finally, a move that would at least make sense...

hobson says they chose foschi over pressley... :-/

Per the Enquirer:

Foschi was picked up yesterday to make it 52. There's still a spot on the 53 man roster.

i wish we could get him, but brat likes the tightends blocking for us,.. and i know but when odom comes back he'll be 100 percent and he might make an impact if he works his butt off in the gym for 3 weeks thatll give us 53, so we gotta get rid of peerman or nelson...

Per the Enquirer:

Foschi was picked up yesterday to make it 52. There's still a spot on the 53 man roster.

i wish we could get him, but brat likes the tightends blocking for us,.. and i know but when odom comes back he'll be 100 percent and he might make an impact if he works his butt off in the gym for 3 weeks thatll give us 53, so we gotta get rid of peerman or nelson...

Odom will make 53 when he comes back. We have 52 currently. Jones IR and Coates out, Foschi in. If we're saving room for Odom and just keeping 52 for the next 3 weeks then nobody else has to be cut.

I would assume they will complete the 53 man roster with a signing today. Hopefully it's Pressley.

Regarding Coats -- I dunno. He hadn't really been an evil this year as a pass receiver because he was hardly ever targeted. Foschi probably doesn't block as well.

Regarding Coats -- not only was he being pushed out of the base offense but he had lost his place on special teams coverage units....to Reggie Nelson I think. In fact, Coats hadn't played there all season until the Atlanta game...where he committed a penalty that negated a very nice return.

What is it with this team and injuries? It's been the same story year-in and year-out since about '05. Just six games into 2010, we've seen Leonard, Shipley, Rivers, Joseph, Fanene and Roy all miss time and now Pacman's gone for the year. It's just ridiculous.