Carson to the Chiefs

kingwilly

Do you really see Mike Brown trading Palmer? Come on.

You would hope though, that a strong consideration would be made to look at getting him into a new system with a new OC. But even that is not a guarantee. For some reason, MB loves Brat.

He refuses to trade Chad. By that standard there's no way trading Carson has even crossed his mind

Carson isnt going anywhere they will keep him here. I dont see them trading him to anyone.

As bad as alot of his passes are, maybe his recievers should actully catch his passes that hit them in there hands. To me that is what is getting so annoying!

:cheers:

Do you really see Mike Brown trading Palmer? Come on.

You would hope though, that a strong consideration would be made to look at getting him into a new system with a new OC. But even that is not a guarantee. For some reason, MB loves Brat.

He refuses to trade Chad. By that standard there's no way trading Carson has even crossed his mind

That's the way I see it too.

Nobody on this team is getting off that easily. They won't trade Carson or anyone else.

Rather, this is one of those hero tales where everybody dies in the end.

Can we write into the plot a scene where Bratkowski goes down in a hail of gunfire? Sometime at the 30 minute mark would work.

I don't see Carson going anywhere in a trade or other type move. He's not going anywhere and I'll take all bets in that regard.

That being said, I would love to see a move made with Brat being shown the door, but he's like a cockroach where even if you were to "blow it up" he would still survive.

Buffalo is the place to unload him.... At the end of the season. They're scared to death of drafting a 1st round QB. Offer to trade Palmer, our 1st and a 3rd for the #1 overall and draft Andrew Luck.

That's exactly why you are not an NFL GM....First, you don't trade your franchise QB, at least not unless you already have a replacement. Second, getting rid of your franchise QB for the chance to draft a college QB is a total crapshoot, and will also take a few years for him to develop and in that time you will lose guys like Chad, T.O., Benson, Bobbie Williams, (probably another O-Lineman or two), and a slew of players on our defense, includng every Safety on our roster. That is total rebuild mode, by the time that QB is any good (if it happens at all) your RB, and WR's will be all gone (except maybe Shipley). Third...and the craziest...How the hell do you think trading your franchise QB, your 1st Rd AND 3rd Rd pick for the #1 overall spot is a good idea? Why not just drop trow and let everybody have their way with you too? Your starting QB and 2 premium draft picks for one player who will be mostly potential....yeah, that's a good way to cripple a franchise.

Carson is not going anywhere...nor should he.

By the way, Jake Locker will be a much better NFL QB than Andrew Luck...write that down!

That's exactly why you are not an NFL GM....

I'm more than willing to put my armchair GM ability up against Mike Browns actual GM ability any day.

First, you don't trade your franchise QB,

What franchise QB? I'm talking about trading Carson Delhomme circa 2010, not Carson Palmer circa 2005. That draft idea is an absolute STEAL on our part. We unload an overpaid journeymen QB, get dibs on a future franchise QB all for the cost of saving $11 million dollars next season and a 3rd rounder.

Second, getting rid of your franchise QB for the chance to draft a college QB is a total crapshoot, and will also take a few years for him to develop and in that time you will lose guys like Chad, T.O., Benson, Bobbie Williams, (probably another O-Lineman or two), and a slew of players on our defense, includng every Safety on our roster.

Chad, T.O., Williams and every safety on our roster ALREADY need to get down the road as does Golden Boy and his little brother. One of those positions is a first round proposition, the others? Not so much.

Third...and the craziest...How the hell do you think trading your franchise QB, your 1st Rd AND 3rd Rd pick for the #1 overall spot is a good idea? Why not just drop trow and let everybody have their way with you too? Your starting QB and 2 premium draft picks for one player who will be mostly potential....yeah, that's a good way to cripple a franchise.

So is keeping around a QB past the expiration date. As to the rest see above. We save 11 million dollars next year alone. That's 11 million dollars we can use to draft and sign the rookie QB(NFL is playing ball all of a sudden, there'll be a rookie salary cap), a vet QB, a safety AND an o-lineman off his salary alone. All for the low price of Carson Delhomme and a 3rd rounder.

By the way, Jake Locker will be a much better NFL QB than Andrew Luck...write that down!

IF Locker can learn to settle down and pass while in the pocket while increasing his accuracy he'll be good. Better than Luck? I doubt it. Lockers ceiling is Donovan McNabb pretty much, a top 10 guy who can scramble but is mistake prone at critical times.

Buffalo is the place to unload him.... At the end of the season. They're scared to death of drafting a 1st round QB. Offer to trade Palmer, our 1st and a 3rd for the #1 overall and draft Andrew Luck.

That's exactly why you are not an NFL GM....First, you don't trade your franchise QB, at least not unless you already have a replacement. Second, getting rid of your franchise QB for the chance to draft a college QB is a total crapshoot, and will also take a few years for him to develop and in that time you will lose guys like Chad, T.O., Benson, Bobbie Williams, (probably another O-Lineman or two), and a slew of players on our defense, includng every Safety on our roster. That is total rebuild mode, by the time that QB is any good (if it happens at all) your RB, and WR's will be all gone (except maybe Shipley). Third...and the craziest...How the hell do you think trading your franchise QB, your 1st Rd AND 3rd Rd pick for the #1 overall spot is a good idea? Why not just drop trow and let everybody have their way with you too? Your starting QB and 2 premium draft picks for one player who will be mostly potential....yeah, that's a good way to cripple a franchise.

Carson is not going anywhere...nor should he.

Few years to develop?? See Mark Sanchez

Poor coaching, direction and injuries have BUNGALIZED Palmer... I'm not sure he'll ever be the same as '05.

Poor coaching, direction and injuries have BUNGALIZED Palmer... I'm not sure he'll ever be the same as '05.

I don't disagree. In fact, one of the biggest reasons I would have fired most of the coaching staff on Bloodless Monday was to get Palmer out of Bratkowski's latest version of the Clockwork Orange offense immediately. As it stands now....everybody keeps their jobs, the system stays the same, and Palmer has to make it all work despite disinterested play from Ocho Manwhore and an unhealthy reliance on an aging mercenary WR who probably won't return.

Does any of that sound like suitable building blocks for a brand new offense?

Besides, ask yourself what happens if now that it doesn't matter, Palmer and crew suddenly stop s**tting on themselves in the passing game? What if a miracle really does almost happen? What if post season crap stats still imply you don't suck as bad as you really do? Do the Bengals continue to give everyone a pass by further comitting to BratBall next season?

points/laughs