Bengals vs Browns Post Game Discussion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palmer played great, Pittsburgh lost, T.O. showed up, and I liked seeing A. Smith in there. The Bengals are not a top 5 team right now, BUT they have the potential. Next week is a must win. Look at the Jets and they way they dealt with Buffalo. Are the Bengals capable of that? Never in Mike Browns era. The Saints lost to Tamp Bay last year. I was disapponited the way the Bengals couln't get a stop. The D needs to improve.

Palmer played great, Pittsburgh lost, T.O. showed up, and I liked seeing A. Smith in there. The Bengals are not a top 5 team right now, BUT they have the potential. Next week is a must win.

If there was a loss with a positive, it was today. Palmer and the offense showed something. TO looked great. The loss may have woke them up a bit. 2-2 and a single game out of first place. The defense had probably their worst game of the year. The Bengals outgained the Browns 416-295. Turnovers killed them.

The Bengals should come out next week at home ready to play. Then onto a bye week to heal some of the injuries.

There's more to build on from this loss than to be taken away.

Couple things:

The defense is overrated, they knew they were going to run the ball and you cant stop it? They were a huge disapointment today, and they still cant get pressure on the QB. Hope JJoe is ok, and Williams

I was happy to see Carson have a big day, thats great, but what happend to the run? Thought this o-line was supposed to be able to run block so good. I have not seen that this year, so what gives. I would rather this team be a running team, and have Palmer throw when he needs to. Then again maybe the defense is not good enough to do this.

I dont know who this team is, but i dont think they are very good at this point. Very disapointing.

Chad Johnson needs to wake up realize he is playing football?

Bengals turned ball over twice. Once on their own 15 yard line.

What I see is a team that cant convert when it matters.

Calls ridiculous plays to convert 3rd downs. (Palmer roll out to chad - leaves you no other options other than that bunk pass)

Refs sucked today. call on Ndukwe, PI call and holding call at end were non existent. PI call pissed me off the most. It wouldve been 4th down.

No running lanes.

The better team won today. The more poised team won. Saw some good things, but when it counted we choked.

TJ Ward definitely should be seeing a suspension. - Hope Ship is fine.

Defense couldn't stop the browns when it counted.

Oh Well..Win the home games.

I'm still trying to figure out how you get that many yards, not turn the ball over, and still not score. Gah.

Palmer turned it over twice.

3 turnovers if you count the blocked kick. And the Browns got FGs off all 3.

Well that where you hang the big "L" on.

I'm still trying to figure out how you get that many yards, not turn the ball over, and still not score. Gah.

Invisible PI call on 3rd down is like a turnover too.

We got our calls last week, the other team got theirs this week. It's how it goes.

Can't blame the refs. The Bengals were given every opportunity, and I hope Cedric is humbled a little bit. He ran his mouth a bit much, and played really bad today. The Bengals have to get consistent. PERIOD. Another thing is this team has got to quit playing to their level of competition. A blowout of Tampa Bay is what they need.

once again another bengals loss that was self inflicted. we just can seem to get out of our own way. where's the blame go? to the entire staff. what ever they are doing during the week to prepare for games IS NOT WORKING and has not worked for a few years now. it is just so frustrating to watch this team anymore. they keep making the same stupid mistakes week after week. only to ignore the obvious and do the same dumb s**t the next week. this coaching staff is a train wreck! it is and will be the reason the bengals continue to under achieve. mr brown you have the players please i beg you to put a staff together so this team can win, before it's to late. start with getting brat and alexander the fudge out of here. their incompetence is fuming over this whole team and choking the life out of them!!

\

We got our calls last week, the other team got theirs this week. It's how it goes.

i hate refs. cant wait until the day we have robot referees making the correct calls.

\

i hate refs. cant wait until the day we have robot referees making the correct calls.

Robot refs could easily be infected by a cheater virus, most likely from a Steeler fan. It won't work. ^_^

\

Not to get too philisophical but...

Since human beings are imperfect and inexact, robot referees calling a game played by humans would be just as inexact as human referees. Robots would make calls without including deductable reasoning and judgement. Thus you would have an imperfect referee system as we have now. Basically, the only thing that would make sense would be to have the whole NFL experience played on Madden. Robot players and robot refs.

Refs and umps and their mistakes always have been and will continue to be a part of sports.

Sincerely,

Computron

At least last year this team could actully run the ball, so far this year they cant. Awsome Palmer threw like crazy today, but they were not balanced because they couldnt run the ball. Where the heck is B. Scott he was hardly in there, the o-line lost its run blocking skills. The bengals are 5-9 when Palmer throws for me then 300 yards, so really they are not that great when Palmer has big games. If the bengals are truly a good football team then they find a way to win the game. Right now im seeing the bengals as 8-8 9-7 or 7-9. They hurt there chances to much to be succesful.

Injury update from Hobson:

On the injury front, cornerback Johnathan Joseph left with an arm injury late in the second quarter and did not return. He said his arm is not broken. From what he understands it is a bad bruise.

There was no word on the severity of the knee injury to safety Roy Williams. Bengals staffers were trying to find crutches for him in the locker room after the game.

It's not like the season is over. I would like to see B. Scott in there with the hurry up. Run draws, or screens. Now we'll have to hear Cedric start piping up. I don't get why they can't go crazy trying to score points, and then once they have a lead start pounding it with Cedric. Tell Brat to look at old Cowboy footage. I'll tell you this. If they can get Andre to claim the right tackle job, we'll look waaaaay better.

At least last year this team could actully run the ball, so far this year they cant. Awsome Palmer threw like crazy today, but they were not balanced because they couldnt run the ball. Where the heck is B. Scott he was hardly in there, the o-line lost its run blocking skills. The bengals are 5-9 when Palmer throws for me then 300 yards, so really they are not that great when Palmer has big games. If the bengals are truly a good football team then they find a way to win the game. Right now im seeing the bengals as 8-8 9-7 or 7-9. They hurt there chances to much to be succesful.

They actually ran the ball well in the second half and in later part of the game...AFTER the Bengals put the defense on their heels by passing.

The Bengals are a good running team but I don't think they are as dominant in the run game as Brat thinks they are.

Take shots down the field, BE AGGRESSIVE, the run game will benefit. Pass to open up the run.