Willie Colon out for year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818e026d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Steelers RT Colon injures Achilles, expected to miss 2010 season

By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

Pittsburgh Steelers right tackle Willie Colon is expected to miss the entire 2010 season after suffering what doctors believe to be a torn Achilles' tendon, a source with knowledge of the situation said Monday.

Colon, who didn't miss a game the previous three seasons, likely will have season-ending surgery Wednesday. He injured the Achilles' tendon during a Monday workout and left the Steelers' facility on crutches.

Colon had an MRI on Monday, and the Steelers likely will make an announcement about those results Tuesday. The injury recovery time is at least five to six months, and the Steelers plan to place Colon on season-ending injured reserve, according to the source.

Colon's injury is the latest blow to a Pittsburgh offense that will be without franchise quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for at least the first four games of the 2010 season because of suspension. Top wide receiver Santonio Holmes, facing a suspension himself, was traded to the New York Jets in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick this offseason.

The Steelers' depth at tackle is limited behind Colon and could affect their plans to emphasize the running game next season.

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818e026d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Steelers RT Colon injures Achilles, expected to miss 2010 season

By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

Pittsburgh Steelers right tackle Willie Colon is expected to miss the entire 2010 season after suffering what doctors believe to be a torn Achilles' tendon, a source with knowledge of the situation said Monday.

Colon, who didn't miss a game the previous three seasons, likely will have season-ending surgery Wednesday. He injured the Achilles' tendon during a Monday workout and left the Steelers' facility on crutches.

Colon had an MRI on Monday, and the Steelers likely will make an announcement about those results Tuesday. The injury recovery time is at least five to six months, and the Steelers plan to place Colon on season-ending injured reserve, according to the source.

Colon's injury is the latest blow to a Pittsburgh offense that will be without franchise quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for at least the first four games of the 2010 season because of suspension. Top wide receiver Santonio Holmes, facing a suspension himself, was traded to the New York Jets in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick this offseason.

The Steelers' depth at tackle is limited behind Colon and could affect their plans to emphasize the running game next season.

Man, that's a tough one. That wasn't a particularly solid o-line to begin with and I think they were really needing him to start every game. Certainly, this wasn't what they had in mind letting Faneca walk last year. While Pittsburgh has been in karma receivership for injuries for a while, I still don't like to see something like this. Especially after having to watch Reggie Kelly's face last year on hard knocks.... too bad.

Man, that's a tough one. That wasn't a particularly solid o-line to begin with and I think they were really needing him to start every game. Certainly, this wasn't what they had in mind letting Faneca walk last year. While Pittsburgh has been in karma receivership for injuries for a while, I still don't like to see something like this. Especially after having to watch Reggie Kelly's face last year on hard knocks.... too bad.

I can't bring myself to shed too many tears.

Well, I think that has to make the Steelers look a little harder at giving more snaps to Dennis Dixon (former Oregon Duck....GO DUCKS!). He is much more mobile than Byron Leftwich, and can escape the increased pressure Steelers QB's are now likely to get.

Expect the Steelers to sign a veteran T as a stop gap for this season.

Do I like the fact a player got injured ?? No.

Do I feel bad for the Steelers ?? No.

Their fans are quick to make light of other players injuries, so I can't find a reason to be upset.

You left something out Army.....

F*CK THE STEELERS !!!

SH*T, I did leave that out. Good catch and nicely said !!!

Their fans are quick to make light of other players injuries, so I can't find a reason to be upset.

F*CK THE STEELERS !!!

I totally get it, believe me. I just have a healthy respect for karma and the fact that, despite the fact he plays for a douchebag team, dude still is looking at least at a completely lost season....maybe a career. Not to mention the fact that I'm a bleeding heart, hippie, left-wing, communist from San Francisco.

F*CK THE STEELERS !!!

I totally get it, believe me. I just have a healthy respect for karma and the fact that, despite the fact he plays for a douchebag team, dude still is looking at least at a completely lost season....maybe a career. Not to mention the fact that I'm a bleeding heart, hippie, left-wing, communist from San Francisco.

Exactly, karma is a b*tch and my point for my response. How many dickhead Steelers fans on forums STILL have a picture of Carson laying on the field after Kimo took him out of that game. Legal hit or not, that is simply a dick move and why if more of their players were to get injured, I still wouldn't find an ounce of sorrow in my heart for the Steelers.

It's not that I don't feel sorry for the player or wish him ill, but for the fans who are still assh*les about it, yeah, F*CK YOU !!!

We are talking Willie Colon right? Not really the top player on the offensive line for the Steelers. OL go down all the time...Oh well for the Steelers, perhaps they will go 4 and 12 and have a top 8 pick next year...which would really be bad news because they aren't really a bad football team. The thing is, they could have a real bad year and then be right back in the thick of things because they go younger fairly fast....I would prefer they go 8-8 or 9-7...you have a hard time getting better or worse with those types of seasons.

I'd rather them go 0-16, suck more than anyone ever thought possible, watch fans lose their f*cking minds, and then have the number one pick to wreck their future finances. Oh yeah, and have that #1 pick be of the Akili Smith mold. Won't happen though, just saying...

Somehow I imagine that they would be in complete denial about the whole thing.

Not to mention the fact that I'm a bleeding heart, hippie, left-wing, communist from San Francisco.

Then you should hate the Steelers. They and their fanbase represent everything contrary to to your hippie, left-wing ethos.

Ben should be scared. On the left he has the gentle giant, Max Starks. If Max cared, he'd be a good player, but it never looks like he's really into it. Now he's lost Colon, who was probably twice as motivated as Starks. Goodell will probably change some rules to help the Steelers line hold up better this season.

Not to mention the fact that I'm a bleeding heart, hippie, left-wing, communist from San Francisco.

Then you should hate the Steelers. They and their fanbase represent everything contrary to to your hippie, left-wing ethos.

Indeed I do hate the sqeels. However, by that same token I should probably hate the Bengals as well, being an elitist prick and all that, right? Unfortunately, I remain both a Bengal fan and a reasonably moderate, even chill, kind of dude living in an environment of liberal intolerance only rivaled by the conservative intolerance of the deep south in the 1950's. It's the 9'er fans and their condescending, Chardonnay sipping lameness that I can't stand. Damn the whiners, damn the squeelers, damn them all to helll!! Sorry, what were we talking about?