He cried

He attacked the team in the media

He utterly failed as a highly compensated professional

Yeah, that was sooooOOOO much better than the others

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just am blown away at the things people say to other people when they have the security of anonymity.

Internet Bullies FTW :sure:

Agreed.

Ah, you two infants clearly have never had the expression "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" explained to you

Maybe mama is still too busy breastfeeding you?

Let's review the actual truth of the matter here, shall we?

1) You put your words out there in a public forum. No one forced you to do so.

2) Said words displayed your own profound ignorance for all to see and comment on.

3) It got commented on - this is how a discussion forum works.

So......deal with it

If you're not able to be here without your widdle feelwings being hurt, maybe its time to move on

Oh and the whole 'hiding in anonymity' thing? It's beyond hilarious you'd choose to attack someone who uses their actual real name here. That said, I have no issue with anyone who uses a handle other than their real name, but geez, c'mon, I use my real name. Pathetic.

Chad handled it in such a better way

He tanked a season

He let his team down

He alienated the city

He created a divisive atmosphere in the locker room

He whined

He cried

He attacked the team in the media

He utterly failed as a highly compensated professional

Yeah, that was sooooOOOO much better than the others

No team in the NFL is carried by a wideout. None. Please provide an example of Chad saying he tried to make the bengals' lose -- or if you can't provide your definition of tanked.

I'm not sure how he alienated the city -- Chad does more in the community than most of the other players. Maybe he doesn't do it how you like, but how many people last season went to games on Chad's ticket? Or to the movies, or on a road trip, or out to dinner . . . name one other player in the league that does the stuff for their city that Chad does.

Divisive atmosphere in the locker room? Evidence please.

I could go on. It's silly that this thread has become about chad and not haynesworth. I'm really sorry you hate chad so much TJ but it just really seems irrational. It's fine that you think his personality is juvenile or aggravating but you make it seem like Chad is somehow violating NFL morality or something. Compare what Chad did when he wanted out of cincy (which was understandable in my opinion) and how he spends his money, off season and free time with any other high profile players. Maybe he's not doing cologne ads or whatever like Brady and not making jokes on IHOP commercials like Manning, but he stays out of trouble, gives back to the city and his fans, and is a consistent, high level performer. And before you fine some witty one liner to respond to me saying consistent, realize the response to that has already been written in this thread about seven or fifteen times.

Who quit?

Chad. He quit Dancing With the Stars. He wasn't tough enough to fight through a minor muscle pull.

See, the show had come to the finals. The championship was on the line. Time to step up and play for all the marbles.

Chad? Wilted. You see, he doesn't play to win. He plays to be seen, to be in the spotlight.

When intense pressure shows up, like say a championship game, like an 0-8 losing streak, like a nationally televised dance-off on a reality tv show, Chad is just not equipped to perform under that pressure. He quits, he bails, he blows up.

It's ironic, because he claims he wants to win a Super Bowl, yet he is one of the least capable NFL players when it comes to helping a team win a big game like that.

It baffles me that his argument continues to go on.

Yes, Chad admitted to tanking the 2008 season. He said it to Skip Bayless on ESPN. He said it multiple other people on ESPN. Supposedly, it's written in his book (which I will not read). He also apologized in multiple interviews for tanking the season.

I don't like Chad, but I'm done bitching about the lost season. The Bengals are very obviously not going to get rid of him, and he's still a fairly productive receiver. He's not the team player I'd like him to be, but he's also not quite the cancer that he was in 2005-08

People are not going to agree on this issue at all, so why don't we all agree to disagree and move on? 2008 was two years ago and has no bearing AT ALL on what will happen this year.

Yes, Chad admitted to tanking the 2008 season. He said it to Skip Bayless on ESPN. He said it multiple other people on ESPN. Supposedly, it's written in his book (which I will not read). He also apologized in multiple interviews for tanking the season.

I don't like Chad, but I'm done bitching about the lost season. The Bengals are very obviously not going to get rid of him, and he's still a fairly productive receiver. He's not the team player I'd like him to be, but he's also not quite the cancer that he was in 2005-08

People are not going to agree on this issue at all, so why don't we all agree to disagree and move on? 2008 was two years ago and has no bearing AT ALL on what will happen this year.

I'm in the same boat. I just don't have the hate for Chad I used to have. On game days I hope he plays well, that's about the extent of it.

Perhaps you're having trouble with the concept of something still being considered unforgivable even after a lengthy cooling off period? Or maybe you can't grasp the concept of cashing in on Chad's remaining trade value being, for some, more desirable than his continued presence.

Yup.

I don't like Chad, but I'm done bitching about the lost season.

And I'll stop bitching about Chad's deliberate and calculated year long campaign to douchebag his way off of this team, and into a bigger contract......when I'm f**king dead.

The Bengals are very obviously not going to get rid of him, and he's still a fairly productive receiver.

Agreed.....mostly. That said, if the topic of discussion involves trading WR's due to the sudden glut at those positions then I say Chad should be considered just as much, if not more, as the other options available. And if the topic of discussion involves trading for Albert Haynesworth, and how it might be accomplished, then I say it's only natural for Chad's name to come up yet again. In fact, should it not then I'll bring his name up myself and for a multitude of reasons. And there's the proverbial rub, because IMHO Chad's name comes up naturally in these discussions for all kinds of reasons...including, but not limited to his recent decision to deliberately use a year long campaign of unprofessional behavior as his core career advancement strategy.

People are not going to agree on this issue at all, so why don't we all agree to disagree and move on?

Because people like you can't seem to move on unless people like me openly forgive Chad. And simply put, I don't feel compelled to do that.

I'm in the same boat. I just don't have the hate for Chad I used to have. On game days I hope he plays well, that's about the extent of it.

I have no hesitation admitting my desire to see Chad wearing the uniform of another team.

Point blank, I'm tired of the face of THIS franchise being covered in thick clown makeup.

I'll stop bitching about Chad's deliberate and calculated year long campaign to douchebag his way off of this team, and into a bigger contract......when I'm f**king dead.

Hair and I dont see eye to eye on many things, but on this, I concur wholeheartedly.

It probably wouldnt come up so often were it not for a select few here who keep trying to sell one or more of the following pieces of utter crapola on these forums:

(in no particular order)

Falsehood 1) Chad is a great guy

Falsehood 2) Chad is (not 'was') presently an elite (top 5, top 10, whatever) wide receiver

Falsehood 3) Chad didnt tank 2008

and my personal favorite, espoused by the grand poobah of all idiots

Falsehood 4) Chad's actions and inactions in 2008 actually improved the team

There are other related and equally idiotic claims, but these are the top 4 most objectionable claims from my point of view, and I hear them over and over again, and when I do, I respond.

Who quit?

Chad. He quit Dancing With the Stars. He wasn't tough enough to fight through a minor muscle pull.

See, the show had come to the finals. The championship was on the line. Time to step up and play for all the marbles.

Chad? Wilted. You see, he doesn't play to win. He plays to be seen, to be in the spotlight.

Chad had already been eliminated....They were just bringing back all the eliminated people... There was no "Championship on the line"

...you can't grasp the concept of cashing in on Chad's remaining trade value being, for some, more desirable than his continued presence.

Considering his age, contract status, and production, what do you think his trade value is right now? What would you expect to get - picks, players? What team are we doing business with who would credibly want him, and what can we get from those teams? And isn't it more likely that, having spent a number of seasons with Carson, his value is highest to the Bengals than anyone else?

This thread, I think, separates the practical folks from those who would cut off their nose to spite their face. I'd *prefer* not to have to depend on Chad this year, but it's not worth dumping him for pennies on the dollar.

Considering his age, contract status, and production, what do you think his trade value is right now? What would you expect to get - picks, players?

As for draft picks, a conditional 1st rounder and a sweetner. As for players, this very thread is about trading for Haynesworth, right?

What team are we doing business with who would credibly want him, and what can we get from those teams?

Haynesworth plays for the Redskins, a team who has actually attempted to trade for Chad. So let's start there.

And isn't it more likely that, having spent a number of seasons with Carson, his value is highest to the Bengals than anyone else?

That's more than possible, but it isn't a given.

This thread, I think, separates the practical folks from those who would cut off their nose to spite their face.

Irrelevant. The ancient historical example offers proof of the act of cutting off ones nose had no impact whatsoever on the fate of nuns, who when faced with the threat of invading hordes, had hoped to keep their virginity intact by maiming their own faces. Rather, all of the nuns were raped and then slaughtered....regardless of whether they had lopped off their own beaks or not. (Invading hordes apparently aren't picky in matters of rape and murder.)

As for trading Chad, nobody is proposing he be dealt in a blatantly lopsided bad trade. Instead, it is presumed he would be traded in exchange for equal value. Or if you pefer, Haynesworth for Ocho, star player for star player, douchebag for douchebag.

The other thought process to a Chad trade (that I still don't think will happen) is that the other WR's on the roster (who were drafted to replace Chad) would actually have the chance to do so. That and the fact we will be cutting a young player that will get snatched up if placed on the practice squad. I understand there are still question marks, but those same questions will remain until the fateful day comes to pass.

Briscoe is a perfect example. While there are some that don't care for him, the fact remains he was a 3rd/4th round talent that we got late in the draft due to character concerns. If we place him on the practice squad, don't you think one of those teams that wouldn't burn a draft pick on a 3rd/4th round talent would be more than happy to pluck him off our practice squad with nothing given in return ?? There are plenty of teams still discussing their WR issues and would take that shot will little to lose. That's just one example.

I will give Chad credit when he does those things like he did with buying up tickets and giving them away to the fans and the recent thing he did with the kid and football camp, but the rest of what TJ said, I agree with. The arguments get old and while I understand people simply like Chad, that "like" doesn't make him more than he is. You could also flip that coin of what I would be willing to give him credit for by saying he's only doing those things for his own benefit. I would really hate to think that is the case here, because that would indicate he's even a bigger douche than most could imagine from a human being, but there it is.

i find it fairly ironic that folks are talking about trading a player they feel is a bad teammate for a guy who has proven himself to be a bad teammate.

I'd rather have a good team player or a high draft pick rather than Haynesworth, myself

That said, there is the whole "fresh start" concept to be considered. The Bengals have managed to get good performance both on and off the field from some players who were questionable (to put it charitably) elsewhere. Cedric is the prime (but not only) example. I pray they can get the same from the Adam "The Rainmaker" Jones.

This thread, I think, separates the practical folks from those who would cut off their nose to spite their face.

Irrelevant. The ancient historical example offers proof of the act of cutting off ones nose had no impact whatsoever on the fate of nuns, who when faced with the threat of invading hordes, had hoped to keep their virginity intact by maiming their own faces. Rather, all of the nuns were raped and then slaughtered....regardless of whether they had lopped off their own beaks or not. (Invading hordes apparently aren't picky in matters of rape and murder.)

I......I......I......I'm speechless.

i find it fairly ironic that folks are talking about trading a player they feel is a bad teammate for a guy who has proven himself to be a bad teammate.

Hanesworth is ten times worse a teammate than chad,.. Almost all the team loves chad, they just wish he'd be in camp earlier...

Almost all the team loves chad, they just wish he'd be in camp earlier...

Yeah, if you're one of Chad's teammates, whats not to love about a player who

1) tanked a season you worked your ass off for

2) regularly takes plays off

3) drops catchable balls at a greater rate than almost anyone in the league

4) regularly fails to give effort blocking

5) regularly fails to even pursue defenders who pick off a pass intended for them

6) takes the entire offseason off despite the fact that the team has playoff aspirations

7) is behind in conditioning, timing, and the playbook when he finally does bother to show up

and

7) despite all these admirable qualities, earns more in a game than you earn the entire year

How could a teammate not absolutely ADORE a player like that?

And yet for all speculations of Haynesworth being a turd of a teammate, all he's done is continue to perform at an absolute DOMINANT level at his position. Sorry, but the same cannot be said for Chad. I made a post about Haynesworth earlier in this thread that directly addressed the confusion with why the Redskins were having the issues they are with Haynesworth and what they should expect from him. He made the same impact or better as he did playing with the Titans.

Like I said before, star player for star player, douchebag for douchebag.

But mostly, I'd consider the trade because it's Haynesworth.

Not only that it's Haynesworth, but also considering the fact that when Bengals.com did their mock draft right before the actual draft, the Bengals gurus had the Bengals taking Brian Price, DT in the first. There's certainly the opportunity to seriously upgrade the roster. Won't happen though.

I'd rather have a good team player or a high draft pick rather than Haynesworth, myself

And I might as well.

However, IMHO any discussion of a proposed trade involving draft picks will be quickly bogged down by a debate about what Chad is worth, which teams might bid, and so on.

In short, too many variables, and not enough specifics.

As for trading for Haynesworth, read the thread title again. To be fair, it's all based upon rumor, but as an idea it's easy enough to get your arms around the possible trade parameters as well as the risk/reward factors.

And point blank, I like the idea of Albert Haynesworth in stripes.

And I might as well.

However, IMHO any discussion of a proposed trade involving draft picks will be quickly bogged down by a debate about what Chad is worth, which teams might bid, and so on.

In short, too many variables, and not enough specifics.

As for trading for Haynesworth, read the thread title again. To be fair, it's all based upon rumor, but as an idea it's easy enough to get your arms around the possible trade parameters as well as the risk/reward factors.

And point blank, I like the idea of Albert Haynesworth in stripes.

Other than one ambiguous comment that Palmer made before '08, who exactly in the Bengals' locker room, or the NFL for that matter, doesn't like Chad? It's like you guys are at your fifteen year high school reunion and are still upset with the guy that got asked to the sadie hawkins dance instead of you your sophomore year. Has there ever been a player in the history of the NFL who never had a season that was unusually low or who didn't play frustrated? Six pro bowls and we're arguing production? Re-watch last year's games. Look how many times chad is blocking down field, fighting for YAC, staying in bounds and hitting people for extra yards . . . if anything he came back from 08 wanting to win more and doing things he didn't before. It's not like the he's doing "how much can you eat in 30 days?!" reality TV or something that would take away from his football. I bet chad lifting and dancing for 10 hours a day is more than most NFL players did in the off season. I'd much rather have him in dancing with the stars than out cruising the strip with a gun and a 40 looking for "fun".

I'll shut up and go along with the trade chad crowd if someone can show that 08 wasn't abnormal, that he intentionally tried to make the team lose or that someone in the locker room thinks he's a problem. You guys are dreaming if you think we can win without chad at this point.

As for draft picks, a conditional 1st rounder and a sweetner. As for players, this very thread is about trading for Haynesworth, right?

First, unless you have a time machine lodged in your ass that first rounder ain't happening. I don't see it anymore. As for players (Haynesworth specifically), it's probably the only deal that could happen - as you say, a douchebag for a douchebag. But I'm tempted to think that if it had legs it would have already happened. And do we want Fat Al in a non-contract year? History there ain't good. I'm tempted to roll the dice with Chad.

Haynesworth plays for the Redskins, a team who has actually attempted to trade for Chad. So let's start there.

You can end there too. Danny Boy is your best and only chance (Al Davis chubby is pointed at DHB). But I don't see it in Shanny's first year. It usually takes Danny Napoleon a year to start meddling (sort of a short, white TO). And again, if that deal hasn't happened - or even heated up a bit - I don't see it.

As for trading Chad, nobody is proposing he be dealt in a blatantly lopsided bad trade. Instead, it is presumed he would be traded in exchange for equal value. Or if you pefer, Haynesworth for Ocho, star player for star player, douchebag for douchebag.

And analogous to corrupt politicians who keep getting elected, Ocho may be a douchebag but he's *our* douchebag. He's going nowhere. And I don't know about your assertion - I'm too damn lazy to check the thread, but I could swear people were calling for him to be outright cut, and I'm not certain it was hyperbole.

By the way, thanks for the bit with the nuns, were you traumatized in Catholic school or what?