Another good TJ quote

coupdayta

Was reading Peter King's Friday column and caught this little gem at the end where King is writing about what he is going to be watching for this weekend:

"10. T.J. Houshmandzadeh keeping his second-guessing to himself. "As of right now, it doesn't look like the best decision,'' Houshmandzadeh told Danny O'Neill of the Seattle Times, looking back on his pick of the Seahawks over the Vikes in free-agency. Though Houshmandzadeh said "it's early in the process'' and qualified it about 16 other ways, you can bet he regrets not being on the end of Brett Favre's aerials, and the pangs won't get better when Seattle visits Favreland on Sunday."

I always liked TJ as a player and was sad to see him go. However, the amount of bad press he's generated since he's left has lead me to believe he wasn't the silent leader we all thought. Glad to see he regrets leaving enough to publicly talk about it. Seahawks fans must be pissed. Have fun ruining your career up in Seattle Touraj!

Sadly, when it comes down to diva wideouts flapping their gums Housh will always be the sidekick. Because the Ocho is playing GM again. Happily, he's turned his attention elsewhere.....

Bengals receiver backs Russell

By Steve Corkran

scorkran@bayareanewsgroup.com

Updated: 11/19/2009 11:18:25 PM PST

Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco has a well-earned reputation for speaking his mind. He said Thursday that benched Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell is a victim of his supporting cast.

"Man, JaMarcus is extremely good," Ochocinco said in a conference call with Bay Area media. "You have to remember, a quarterback can only be as good as his supporting cast. Case closed. Always. It will always be that way. Always."

Ochocinco said New England's Tom Brady or Indianapolis' Peyton Manning would be struggling just as much as Russell in Oakland's offense, which is ranked 31st in terms of yards and points per game.

It doesn't help Russell that he is playing for his second head coach and is on his third play-caller in three seasons, Ochocinco said.

I agree with Chad, in that I would like to see Russel play against us. He's proved that he completely sucks, the other guy is only under suspicion of completely sucking. He could turn out to have a good day. I'm not losing much sleep over this. In my opinion he'll be knocked out of the game, I'm guessing by Geathers.

I allways liked TJ he was a great rec for the Bengals. If he has said a few things I really don't care a lot of players say some dumb stuffevery day in the NFL.

I always liked TJ as a player and was sad to see him go. However, the amount of bad press he's generated since he's left has lead me to believe he wasn't the silent leader we all thought.

See,this is the kind of thing that pisses me off.

WE DIDN'T ALL THINK THAT!

TJ was a bitter, surly guy with an attitude problem who always thought he was so disrespected by everyone. His influence turned Chad from a hard-working, fun loving player who loved the game and who was loved by the fans, into a complainer who wanted out just like TJ did. Yet fans wanted to keep him and get rid of Chad.

If you listened to me at the time, I said that CHAD would go back to his normal self once the cancer that was influencing him was removed. I was about the only supporter TJ had early in his career when people wanted to run him out of town for missing a season with a hamstring injury. I was right about him then, and I was right about him now. You guys are just a day late and a dollar short with all your opinions.

I always liked TJ as a player and was sad to see him go. However, the amount of bad press he's generated since he's left has lead me to believe he wasn't the silent leader we all thought.

A few weeks back Dave Lapham hinted that while Chad seemed to get a lot of the attention and negative press, TJ was actually in the background stirring the pot. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the one telling Chad to try to get traded away so he could take the no. 1 WR spot. He seemed to have a hangup about the Bengals not throwing to him long anymore, especially when they brought Henry back.

I always liked him and was thrilled when the re-signed him in 2004(?). Hard-nosed guy that was a warrior out on the field. But I lost it for him when he refused to come to town in the spring to work out. The offense never clicked last year prior to Carson's arm injury and I blame a lot of that on him. I hate to say that one play will change a season, but the failed drive in the redzone in the opening game vs. Baltimore set the tone for a crappy season. Reap what you sow and that's exactly what we got. Wasn't too upset when he left this year.