Larry johnson

HoTbOy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I think about it, Marvin's very public "you ain't dressing for games if Cedric's healthy" statement isn't his way of 1) telling LJ to go somewhere else, and 2) distancing himself from the move.

Since Marvin probably isn't talking to LJ's agent, this might be his way of getting the word out. I'm catching a whiff of a Redeemer project that the coach might not be totally on board with.

Now that I think about it, Marvin's very public "you ain't dressing for games if Cedric's healthy" statement isn't his way of 1) telling LJ to go somewhere else, and 2) distancing himself from the move.

Since Marvin probably isn't talking to LJ's agent, this might be his way of getting the word out. I'm catching a whiff of a Redeemer project that the coach might not be totally on board with.

NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora is reporting that Johnson’s visit to Cincinnati was at the behest of (Marvin) Lewis.

Marvin's very public "you ain't dressing for games if Cedric's healthy" statement isn't his way of 1) telling LJ to go somewhere else, and 2) distancing himself from the move.

I'm thinking it is more for Cedric's benefit, and admirably done...his psyche is probably still a bit fragile in terms of loss of job scenario, and bringing in a former all-world RB has to naturally bring some uneasiness.

"Cedric, you are my guy. I'm gonna let you heal up because I need you in the playoffs, but in the meantime, I still need to run the football, so someone has to carry the rock. As soon as you are ready, the rock is yours once again, no question."

NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora is reporting that Johnson’s visit to Cincinnati was at the behest of (Marvin) Lewis.

I don't doubt that. He wants a team the runs first. That will be difficult without Ced. I just hope he knows what he's doing. This seems like playing with fire.

Marvin's very public "you ain't dressing for games if Cedric's healthy" statement isn't his way of 1) telling LJ to go somewhere else, and 2) distancing himself from the move.

I'm thinking it is more for Cedric's benefit, and admirably done

"Cedric, you are my guy. I'm gonna let you heal up because I need you in the playoffs, but in the meantime, I still need to run the football, so someone has to carry the rock. As soon as you are ready, the rocks is yours once again, no questions asked."

Just saw that Adam Schefter is reporting that apparently this was a move Cincy was thinking about making even before Benson's injury.

Perhaps the coaching staff agrees with some of the fans here that Benson shouldn't be getting quite so many carries.

I'm thinking it is more for Cedric's benefit, and admirably done...his psyche is probably still a bit fragile in terms of loss of job scenario, and bringing in a former all-world RB has to naturally bring some uneasiness.

"Cedric, you are my guy. I'm gonna let you heal up because I need you in the playoffs, but in the meantime, I still need to run the football, so someone has to carry the rock. As soon as you are ready, the rocks is yours once again, no question."

I think its to limit the power LJ could have in the locker room. If he becomes a big cancer, it won't have much effect. Who is going to care what the fourth running back has to say?

If it means they don't rush Ced back with an injury that can truly nag, then that would be a real bonus. Hate to see what might be a special year derailed by injuries.

If LJ is okay with coming in as a probable inactive from week to week, then fine. That's a call that ML is in the best position to make, being the one who is meeting with him face to face.

Go troll some Chiefs forums right now. They are going insane and talking some serious s**t, and of course they keep bringing up the criminal stuff.

Wouldn't you feel the same way?

What if last year, in the middle of his tank job, Chad finally did enough for Mike Brown to cut him? What if a week later a first place team was going to pick him up? Wouldn't you ultimately feel like he was getting rewarded for his bad behavior? Wouldn't you in some way resent not just the player, but the team that gave him what he wanted?

Or, to make it a bit more close to home... think about how we all felt about Corey Dillon finding success on the Patriots.

I'm not saying the Bengals are making a mistake - but I can definitely identify with a KC fan who is pissed off right now.

If it means they don't rush Ced back with an injury that can truly nag, then that would be a real bonus. Hate to see what might be a special year derailed by injuries.

Yep. My sentiments exactly.

I give no f**k about Larry Johnson. I always thought he was a bit overrated honestly. But if he can give Benson a break against some weaker competition and help him get healthy for the playoffs - welcome aboard!

If the Bengals really want Larry Johnson to get back to his pro-bowl form they would hire his dad to be his baby sitter. Then again it might change his season to be playing for a coach that actually has a resume to be a head football coach in the NFL. We can hope! Can you imagine a team with the running game of the dolphins, and the passing game of the Patriots? Damn the Bengals could hit a gold mine here.

Go troll some Chiefs forums right now. They are going insane and talking some serious s**t, and of course they keep bringing up the criminal stuff.

What if last year, in the middle of his tank job, Chad finally did enough for Mike Brown to cut him? What if a week later a first place team was going to pick him up? Wouldn't you ultimately feel like he was getting rewarded for his bad behavior? Wouldn't you in some way resent not just the player, but the team that gave him what he wanted?

Or, to make it a bit more close to home... think about how we all felt about Corey Dillon finding success on the Patriots.

I'm not saying the Bengals are making a mistake - but I can definitely identify with a KC fan who is pissed off right now.

My anger is always directed at the player, not the team that picked them up. I hated Spikes not the Bills, I grew to dislike Housh not the Seahawks, and I hated Dillon not the Pats (at least I didn't hate the Patriots because they picked up Dillon).

Am I prophetic or something?? Didn't I suggest this a week ago?? Now If I could do this with the Mega Millions numbers, all would be truly good. I like this addition. We needed another back that could carry the load, and really we shouldn't have entered the season without another.

Larry Johnson will run hard and I predict that Jerome Simpson will see the practice squad soon!

If I am a Chiefs fan I am furious at them for letting Jared Allen walk and keeping Larry Johnson...

I would not begrudge the Bengals for picking through their trash.

Chiefs fans, here is the place to direct your complaints:

Kansas City Chiefs

One Arrowhead Drive

Kansas City, MO 64129

I hope it's not a done deal. They may need insurance, but I don't think he's it.

Who else is ? Practice Squad fodder? Dede who no team took a chance on even with his "big" preseason play? Not a fan but really not alot better options atm...Marvin also seems be taking right stance on it that he'll only play if Bscott or Benson go down...

PS,I wonder if part of him signing though is he asks to play against the chiefs ;)

I wonder if part of him signing though is he asks to play against the chiefs ;)

I'll tell you what. Even if Benson is 100% for that game, I'd be tempted to give Johnson the start. Think about how motivated Benson was for the Bears game earlier this season.

Not only would you have chance to give Benson a free bye week a couple weeks before the playoffs, giving Johnson 40 carries in that game would make him very happy and it keeps everyone else healthy.

I'm looking at this as a one-year deal where Johnson is basically renting his legs to the Bengals on an as needed basis. If you can use the back-up against the Raiders, Lions, and Chiefs, and keep Benson healthy for the Vikings, Chargers and playoffs... well, that's just dandy.