Just think if we beat Balt and Pitt

walzav29

Total drivers seat. I fully expect them to beat Baltimore. Pittsburgh is 50/50. They will be coming off of a Monday nighter and they have all the pressure on them. They will come out on fire, but the Bengals can hang. If they win those 2 they will have to take care of business again those scrub teams. Oakland makes me the most nervous. Great season.

Playing Baltimore after a bye is definitely nice, though I'm reminded of past Marvin teams that have struggled coming out of the bye week. Extra time to prepare for a division game should be nothing but a positive though, especially with the injuries we've dealt with lately. I've no idea how we'll play in Pittsburgh, I'll wait until the Ravens game. This team is hard to read looking more than a game down the road, everything seems to come together during the week of the game (for better or worse).

Early Total drivers seat.

I think that Pitt is playing better football and they are healthier. The division runs through three rivers. Win there, and we should be all set.

Baltimore has some serious Defensive woes. Their secondary is overmatched against Cincy.

Our postseason hopes hinge on this O-line giving Benson runing lanes. Any game we have that, we have a QB and 4 WR we have who can beat you.

Do we not have an OK-ish record at Heinz Field in recent yrs? This team seems like it has the grapes to win against the Steelers on the rd.

If the offense keeps up the kind of play from last week then we have a great shot in all our remaining games. Not necessarily scoring 4 TD on 4 possessions but the penalty situation was much better, not perfect but so much better last week. Minimize mistakes on O.

Air it out against Balt and a nice dose of Ced to demoralise them again. Just stay away from Reed for God's sake.

If the Bengals beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh, they'll be 5-0 in the division... soon to be 6-0. Not to mention that the 3 games following the Steelers game are Oakland, Cleveland, and Detroit. That would mean the Bengals would be expected to be 10-2 with every tiebreaker in their pocket.

Even if the Steelers win that game, I expect them to lose one of the Raven games... so, I think the Bengals have a really good shot at winning the division. No guarantees, but the Steelers don't look like they have nearly as much confidence as they once did... especially in the 4th quarter.

Yup, The next three weeks are huge.

also - Baltimore has Denver This Week.

Then Us, Then Indy?, Then Pitt. They are in a bad spot.

Pitts schedule is pretty weak. They have GB, Baltx2 then not much else, Denver, houston?

So I think the important game here is Pitt. Definitely want a Baltimore win, but if we lose to Pitt, then Im thinking wild card.

With Tenn tanking and getting Minny at home - Pitt really has the most cake schedule ever.

take a look at the sagarin rankings - good stuff. Thought super bowl champs were suppose to have a hard schedule.

/>http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl09.htm

Cleveland had by far the hardest schedule. They dont get to play themselves.

Just root like hell for Denver the next two weeks.

I think whoever wins the cincinnati-pittsburgh game wins the division. But as long as we split our next two games against baltimore and pitt, we should be in great shape for a playoff spot, considering the three games after that are cleveland, oakland, and detroit.

Just root like hell for Denver the next two weeks.

I think whoever wins the cincinnati-pittsburgh game wins the division. But as long as we split our next two games against baltimore and pitt, we should be in great shape for a playoff spot, considering the three games after that are cleveland, oakland, and detroit.

We have to realise that Pitt and Balt both get KC, Det, Oak, Clex2. That should be 5-0 for all three teams.

no 9-7 wildcards this year. At least 10 wins - maybe need 11.

Do we not have an OK-ish record at Heinz Field in recent yrs? This team seems like it has the grapes to win against the Steelers on the rd.

Kinda....we last beat them in 2006 - at Heinz Field. We also beat them there in 2005. Prior to this season we hadn't beaten them in Cincy since the earth cooled.

It's about time for a sweep then. B)

Total drivers seat. I fully expect them to beat Baltimore. Pittsburgh is 50/50. They will be coming off of a Monday nighter and they have all the pressure on them. They will come out on fire, but the Bengals can hang. If they win those 2 they will have to take care of business again those scrub teams. Oakland makes me the most nervous. Great season.

I Think we split but I do there's a chance we beat both,Steelers played like ass and got lucky beating the vikings...

If our Offense is solid first 3 quarters I think we beat them because when it was pile stinky poo first time we still beat them.

If we want to make sure we make the playoffs we need to beat Baltimore at home.

10-6 with a Baltimore win basicly eliminates Baltimore from competition they are 1.5 games behind in the standing, 2.5 games with a win and they would lose the first tiebreak which means that they would have to finish 3 games ahead of us in the last 8 games which is highly unlikely given that we have to play Cleveland, Kansas City, and Detroit at home and Oakland in Oakland. 10-6 losing to Baltimore would mean that Baltimore would only have to beat us by .5 a game in the last 8 weeks, we would tie in the first tiebreak and then it would go to conference record, since all of our loses to date would be conference losses that would put us behind the 8 ball. Given that Houston is right now our mostly likely competition for the second wildcard slot and they have the first tiebreaker against us....10-6 with a win vs. Baltimore likely gets us in the playoffs, 10-6 with a loss to Baltimore likely sees us missing out.

IF. IF. IF. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Thinking ahead to Pittsburgh is ridiculous. The Ravens are going to come into PBS with revenge on their collective mind, their "A" game and, possibly, their season on the line. This is going to be a battle, and no 45-10 blowout. My god, does anyone not remember what happened against the Texans the last time the Bengals played at home against a good team after a big win? Only 2 weeks ago? If very recent history is anything to go by, the Bengals are primed to get their asses kicked by the Ravens. I hope not,of course. But every time I hear some idiot Bengals fan blithely predicting wins, especially against a team like the Ravens, I wonder. The same idiot fans are probably the ones who go to pieces when the Bengals lose.

IF. IF. IF. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Thinking ahead to Pittsburgh is ridiculous. The Ravens are going to come into PBS with revenge on their collective mind, their "A" game and, possibly, their season on the line. This is going to be a battle, and no 45-10 blowout. My god, does anyone not remember what happened against the Texans the last time the Bengals played at home against a good team after a big win? Only 2 weeks ago? If very recent history is anything to go by, the Bengals are primed to get their asses kicked by the Ravens. I hope not,of course. But every time I hear some idiot Bengals fan blithely predicting wins, especially against a team like the Ravens, I wonder. The same idiot fans are probably the ones who go to pieces when the Bengals lose.

What's your deal? You're blasting everyone in here today. It's the freakin bye week and there's nothing much to do BUT look toward the rest of the season. You should be happy we have that opportunity at all. Last year at this point we were 0-7 and had nothing to look forward to.