Most impressive win ever?

BZBot

Granted, Cincinnati Bengals fans have suffered through hard seasons, but big wins aren’t totally non-existent. Sunday’s 45-10 rout of the Chicago Bears, a team with a marquee quarterback and a 4-2 record coming in, is one for the books. Carson Palmer’s 20-for-24 performance and five touchdowns will go down as a career highlight, as will [...] Source: http://www.bengalszone.com/?p=1074

Granted, Cincinnati Bengals fans have suffered through hard seasons, but big wins aren’t totally non-existent. Sunday’s 45-10 rout of the Chicago Bears, a team with a marquee quarterback and a 4-2 record coming in, is one for the books. Carson Palmer’s 20-for-24 performance and five touchdowns will go down as a career highlight, as will [...] Source: http://www.bengalszone.com/?p=1074

My "most impressive win vote" would go towards the Bengals 61-7 victory over the playoff bound Oilers on the next to last game of the 1989 season. That game was complete domination from start to finish. Sam Wyche wanted to beat Jerry Glanville so bad that he kicked (and recovered) an onside kick when the Bengals were up by like 40 points. The run and shoot offense of Warren Moon was completely shutdown. To further rub in the score, Wyche called for a FG when the Bengals were up 58-7, which resulted in the final 61-7 score.

Granted, Cincinnati Bengals fans have suffered through hard seasons, but big wins aren't totally non-existent. Sunday's 45-10 rout of the Chicago Bears, a team with a marquee quarterback and a 4-2 record coming in, is one for the books. Carson Palmer's 20-for-24 performance and five touchdowns will go down as a career highlight, as will [...] Source: http://www.bengalszone.com/?p=1074

My "most impressive win vote" would go towards the Bengals 61-7 victory over the playoff bound Oilers on the next to last game of the 1989 season. That game was complete domination from start to finish. Sam Wyche wanted to beat Jerry Glanville so bad that he kicked (and recovered) an onside kick when the Bengals were up by like 40 points. The run and shoot offense of Warren Moon was completely shutdown. To further rub in the score, Wyche called for a FG when the Bengals were up 58-7, which resulted in the final 61-7 score.

:cheers: That's my vote too. 28-0 in the first quarter.

My favorite moment of that game was when Ira Hillary recovered an onsides kick deep in Oilers territory when the Bengals were already well ahead

Ira Hillary might be best known as the star receiver of the short lived Cincinnati Rockers arena league team

(edit: I see this has already been mentioned, but did not see it when I wrote the above two sentences)

The win in Pitt in 2005 was very impressive.

This win was a good, team effort that resulted in total domination.

Of the two, Pitt might be more impressive as it was on the road and they went on to win the SB that year.

This game spoke more to the evolution of this team, emerging from several performances where they prevailed but still contained the mental errors, drops, penalties, etc. that can otherwise contribute to a loss.

Today, we saw them "graduate" into a real team that executed nearly flawlessly and absolutely obliterated what was considered a talented, physical team.

I give the nod to todays game as most impressive win, as it was the most complete, well-executed, neck-on-the-throat style win they could showcase every week if they wanted. I want them to. I hope they like how this feels and decide this is better than how they felt last week after being embarrassed by Houston.

My favorite moment of that game was when Ira Hillary recovered an onsides kick deep in Oilers territory when the Bengals were already well ahead

Ira Hillary might be best known as the star receiver of the short lived Cincinnati Rockers arena league team

(edit: I see this has already been mentioned, but did not see it when I wrote the above two sentences)

I had forgotten who had recovered that kick. Ahh, that was a great day in Bengaldom!

Impressive game vs. the Oilers, but you're off on this one.

Let's go back to the frozen tundra of Riverfront Stadium, January, 1982. In temperatures with wind chills of minus fiddy, the Bengals defeat the offensive powerhouse of Dan Fouts' Super-Chargers in the AFC championship, thus propelling us to our first SB appearance ever.

Greatest. Game. Ever.

Let's go back to the frozen tundra of Riverfront Stadium, January, 1982. In temperatures with wind chills of minus fiddy, the Bengals defeat the offensive powerhouse of Dan Fouts' Super-Chargers in the AFC championship, thus propelling us to our first SB appearance ever.

Greatest. Game. Ever.

That was a crazy game. And a crazy advantage for Cincy. Even if you want to forget that the Chargers are used to California weather, they had just won a game in Miami that was the most humid game in NFL history.

Going from most humid ever to coldest ever is pretty intense.

Greatest. Game. Ever.

That was a crazy game. And a crazy advantage for Cincy. Even if you want to forget that the Chargers are used to California weather, they had just won a game in Miami that was the most humid game in NFL history.

Going from most humid ever to coldest ever is pretty intense.

Not to mention the thousands of drunk, shirtless fans freezing their nipples off to rally our boys to victory.

WHO DEY!!!

I recently heard a talking head saying how the Chargers were the best team that year and if it weren't for the weather they would have won the Super Bowl. Didn't Ken Anderson win the MVP that year? Didn't they beat the Chargers 40-17 in San Diego that year? Didn't they have a 1000 yard receiver (Collinsworth) and 1000 yard rusher (P. Johnson) that year? Didn't they have the best TE in the league (Ross)?

Not to short-change the Chargers but I think the Bengals were favored to win the AFC heading into the playoffs that year.

/>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/1981.htm

I just realized that you have your games mixed up in your article. Reggie Williams retired after he 89' season, and the game he gave his halftime speech was during the 61-7 game we had already mentioned, not the playoff game. Also, Jerry Glanville was coaching the Falcons in 1990. In the 41-14 playoff game the Oilers were coached by Jack Pardee (I believe that was his name).