Florio:Kearse should go to the Broncos or...Bengals

Kazkal

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-10-14/10-pack-trades-should-be-made-before-deadline

4. Titans should trade Jevon Kearse.

Veteran defensive end Jevon Kearse was a healthy scratch on Sunday night for the Titans. Upset by the news, he left the stadium.

Though coach Jeff Fisher won't fine him, Fisher should put him on the block and send him to the highest bidder.

It'd be very interesting to see what Kearse could do as a situational pass rusher across from Elvis Dumervil in Denver. He'd also be a compelling addition to the rotation in Cincinnati.

I wouldn't complain never hurts to have some extra passrush and we'll we're tied for 4th in sacks still area we could upgrade.

Can't say as I would be happy or sad about this. I think I'm actually ok with what we've got and having Michael Johnson getting those reps though.

Agreed. If we were having trouble getting sacks then I'd be all for it.

Can't say as I would be happy or sad about this. I think I'm actually ok with what we've got and having Michael Johnson getting those reps though.

Take away the 5 sacks from Greenbay and we are tied with 6 other teams for 19th,The preassure was nice vs the Ravens but Steelers & browns seemed lacking.

Take away the 5 sacks from Greenbay and we are tied with 6 other teams for 19th,The preassure was nice vs the Ravens but Steelers & browns seemed lacking.

Agreed! It can't hurt to have more pass rush!

Agreed! It can't hurt to have more pass rush!

That is like saying take away Ced Bensons huge day of rushing against the Pats he would be 10th in rushing. I don't agree with it at all. We don't want to bring in a veteran guy with a self proclaimed nickname to mess up our locker room chemistry.

I simply just don't think he will provide anything more than what we have on the roster right now and like I said before, I'd rather see a younger Michael Johnson work in that role. If someone thinks Kearse would be that person, fine, I would simply disagree and say I think he's living off his reputation from many years ago. Just my thought on that one...

Weren't people actually calling Michael Johnson a Kearse clone coming out of college ?? Yeah, I'm good...

Weren't people actually calling Michael Johnson a Kearse clone coming out of college ?? Yeah, I'm good...

I keep waiting for Michael Johnson to make a big play. He's been close several times, but so far....nothing much.

As for Kearse, I'm not very interested. However, I can't seem to forget how the Bengals, with Michael Johnson already on the roster, kept pursuing Greg Ellis...who has already produced at least 4 sacks for a bad Raider defense.

I keep waiting for Michael Johnson to make a big play. He's been close several times, but so far....nothing much.

As for Kearse, I'm not very interested. However, I can't seem to forget how the Bengals, with Michael Johnson already on the roster, kept pursuing Greg Ellis...who has already produced at least 4 sacks for a bad Raider defense.

I've seen a couple tipped incompletions, and some throw rainbowed to avoid his reach. Seems effective enough for a rookie.