T.J.'s view on Bengals 4-1 Start

Esiason#7

From Bengals.com

4-1 gets noticed

Posted 58 minutes ago

a a Posted: 8:50 p.m.

The Bengals 4-1 start is getting noticed. They are to be featured this week on NFL Today, CBS national pregame show and Shannon Sharpe is going to be at practice Thursday to do interviews.

Plus, Seahawks wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh admitted on Sirius radio this week that he wanted the Bengals to lose every game this season once he left via free agency back in March.

Now he says hes pulling for them when asked if hes surprised with the 4-1 start.

No, Im not shocked. They have a lot of good players in Cincinnati. Theyve got players on that team that are really, really good, he said on the air. I am not shocked at all and I told somebody yesterday, you know what is weird when I left the Bengals, I wanted to stay, but I had to go. And there was something in me like, man I wanted them to lose every game.

And its almost like you get a divorce from your wife. You really dont want to be with her but you see her with another dude and youre like, ahhhh. And it really doesnt bother you, but it kind of does and then you finally get over it. So you know what? I want them to do well. Carson is my boy. Chad is my boy. Ive got a lot of boys on that team and I want them to do well and Im happy they are doing well. I really am. But, initially, I didnt want them to do well and I dont know why that was the case.

From Bengals.com

4-1 gets noticed

Posted 58 minutes ago

a a Posted: 8:50 p.m.

The Bengals 4-1 start is getting noticed. They are to be featured this week on NFL Today, CBS’ national pregame show and Shannon Sharpe is going to be at practice Thursday to do interviews.

Plus, Seahawks wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh admitted on Sirius radio this week that he wanted the Bengals to lose every game this season once he left via free agency back in March.

Now he says he’s pulling for them when asked if he’s surprised with the 4-1 start.

“No, I’m not shocked. They have a lot of good players in Cincinnati. They’ve got players on that team that are really, really good,” he said on the air. “I am not shocked at all and I told somebody yesterday, you know what is weird when I left the Bengals, I wanted to stay, but I had to go. And there was something in me like, man I wanted them to lose every game.

“And it’s almost like you get a divorce from your wife. You really don’t want to be with her but you see her with another dude and you’re like, ahhhh. And it really doesn’t bother you, but it kind of does and then you finally get over it. So you know what? I want them to do well. Carson is my boy. Chad is my boy. I’ve got a lot of boys on that team and I want them to do well and I’m happy they are doing well. I really am. But, initially, I didn’t want them to do well and I don’t know why that was the case.”

Every time I see a quote from Doushmandzadeh, I almost want to apologize to Fredo. I'm almost convinced he was the one filling Fredo's head with all the crazy crap he was spewing last offseason. Good riddence Doush. Enjoy Seattle. But I do know how he feels. Every Monday I check the box scores because I want to see him fail.

The Bengals 4-1 start is getting noticed. They are to be featured this week on NFL Today, CBS' national pregame show and Shannon Sharpe is going to be at practice Thursday to do interviews.

You know I am not so concerned about what TJ has to say but I want to tell Shannon Sharpe to stay the f**k away. That guy has made fun of this team over the years and now he's going do interviews. I know he is just doing his job but he is one guy in particular that can take a flying leap. Send Boomer. Send Marino. Please, anybody besides Sharpe.

The Bengals 4-1 start is getting noticed. They are to be featured this week on NFL Today, CBS' national pregame show and Shannon Sharpe is going to be at practice Thursday to do interviews.

You know I am not so concerned about what TJ has to say but I want to tell Shannon Sharpe to stay the f**k away. That guy has made fun of this team over the years and now he's going do interviews. I know he is just doing his job but he is one guy in particular that can take a flying leap. Send Boomer. Send Marino. Please, anybody besides Sharpe.

Yeah after the game Sharpe said not once but twice that the Ravens defense had a very bad day because they allowed a 100 yard rusher.

Hey Sterling, how 'bout this concept: How 'bout the Bengals offense earned that 100 yard game!

If we were 1-4, he would be happier than a queer with a bag of d**cks...I didn't want him to go in FA, the way he bashed the Bengals and talking about COchocinco wanting to leave makes me think he wanted us to fail...I.m glad he didn't go to the Vikings or he would probably be unbearable by now...TJ we don't need you on the wagon it's already getting too crowded...

If we were 1-4, he would be happier than a queer with a bag of d**cks...

:lol: So I take it that's the pinnacle of happiness? :lol:

I'm sorry, your use of words just made me laugh. :D

Yeah I tried to be funny but serious at the same time :P

I wish T.J. was still here, and I think we would be better off with him. If we could have kept him, we would have converted those third downs in the Broncos game that Coles dropped, and we would have came out of there with the win.

Oh great, another "if" to add to the Denver game...

I wish T.J. was still here, and I think we would be better off with him. If we could have kept him, we would have converted those third downs in the Broncos game that Coles dropped, and we would have came out of there with the win.

Probably, but he also would have poisoned the locker room and maybe destroyed the chemistry that our Oline has. A team that isn't one hundred percent united doesn't pull off four game winning drives in 5 games. Yes I am counting the Broncos game as a game winning drive!

They certainly miss his ability to move the chains. He is one of the best at exploiting a weak spot in a zone. But, they will not miss his attitude. He and Chad were just a bad mix and one of them had to go. TJ would be o.k. in a 'strong' locker room. I think we can all agree that they did not have that. They may have that now, but that may be due to dumping some of the long tenured 'cancers'. Addition by subtraction worked for the Giants (Tikki & Shockey) and hopefully it works here as well.

His attitude was so toxic for this team. No way Chad would be so positive now if TJ was still here. How do you think TJ would handle these big catches going to Caldwell and not him?

How weak is it now that Tj's team is 2-3 and we're 4-1 that he's changed his will for the Bengals to lose?

I didn't have a problem with TJ when he left. It was after he left and started running his mouth that I started to dislike him. He had us all fooled while he was here and even got 85 to take all the criticism. But his true colors have shown now and he can rot on that team up north that's full of aging players and a has-been coach.

I don't see any upside for the Seahawks except for the fact that they're in a weak division.

I didn't have a problem with TJ when he left. It was after he left and started running his mouth that I started to dislike him. He had us all fooled while he was here and even got 85 to take all the criticism. But his true colors have shown now and he can rot on that team up north that's full of aging players and a has-been coach.

I don't see any upside for the Seahawks except for the fact that they're in a weak division.

The Seahawks do have one positive. They have Owen Schmitt.