Ochocinco Book Review

kingwilly

My only qualification to post this is that I produced a book (with WMA and Simon & Schuster) for an athlete that was on the NYT bestseller list for a period.

I will buy the book and review. Here is Rick Reilly's review: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=reilly_rick&id=4519152&sportCat=nfl

looks good, I'll buy it.

Looks good? Agreen, exactly what part of this book looks good?

I ask because the review Kingwilly posted makes Chad look superficial, arrogant, dimwitted, and disloyal.

A father with no loyalty or sense of duty to his children. A football player with no loyalty or sense of duty to his team.

Chad appears to believe his constant pursuit of self will result in fulfillment, when even a passing glance at human affairs shows the exact opposite to be true.

looks good, I'll buy it.

Looks good? Agreen, exactly what part of this book looks good?

I ask because the review Kingwilly posted makes Chad look superficial, arrogant, dimwitted, and disloyal.

A father with no loyalty or sense of duty to his children. A football player with no loyalty or sense of duty to his team.

Chad appears to believe his constant pursuit of self will result in fulfillment, when even a passing glance at human affairs shows the exact opposite to be true.

Well then, obviously when greenie says "Looks good", he means it appears to be a truthful and accurate representation of the facts. I applaud greenie's appreciation of the true characterisation of Fredo's persona.

True, but this is a second book written about himself, right. So where's the surprise there?

True, I'm not sure exactly what Chad could do to surprise us, other than what he's already done this season, which is to act like a professional football player.

His book looks like a dull exercise in vanity. I'm much more interested in reading your book. Please give me the title, or if you don't want to post it here, pm it to me. I'll look forward to reading it.

"He frankly admits he's "the best f---in' receiver there's ever been" and that he will end up in the Hall of Fame "like it or not."

Well, that's some funny s**t, right there.

Best ever? Child please. Chad wouldn't make any respectable list of Top 50 wideouts of all time, and probably wouldn't rank any higher than Top 10 when ranked against the best WR's playing right now.

As for the Hall of Fame, I think Chad kissed the baby on that one with last seasons ridiculous 12 month long meltdown. Not a chance.

Besides, how funny will it be when we get to watch an eighty year old Chad whine about how the NFL is unfairly keeping him out of the HOF because of all of his Ocho Cinco nonsense?

Well, Irvin (God bless #47 *crosses self*) made it in and he is/was (delete as you feel necessary) a real douchebag. If Chad pinches 2 or 3 more seasons worth of pro bowl play out his ass he might be in with a shot. Not first ballot of course but he plays offense so that helps him out down the road.

Outside chance at best right now for sure but it's doable.

Who else is looking forward to seeing Whines Hard's acceptance speech about as much as rectal surgery?

Yeah, some of those speeches are so bad, but this is one I would simply avoid. Another thing to consider is, being in the Hall doesn't take away the fact that you are a whiny little bitch when things don't go your way. As much as I can give credit for what he has done as a WR, over 10,000 yards receiving and helping his team to Super Bowl wins, I will equally remember his constant state of whining when the ball bounces the other way (no that's not competetiveness) and his cheap shot artist tactics that excuses are given for.

Who else is looking forward to seeing Whines Hard's acceptance speech about as much as rectal surgery?

Yeah, some of those speeches are so bad, but this is one I would simply avoid. Another thing to consider is, being in the Hall doesn't take away the fact that you are a whiny little bitch when things don't go your way. As much as I can give credit for what he has done as a WR, over 10,000 yards receiving and helping his team to Super Bowl wins, I will equally remember his constant state of whining when the ball bounces the other way (no that's not competetiveness) and his cheap shot artist tactics that excuses are given for.

Amen to that!

"He frankly admits he's "the best f---in' receiver there's ever been" and that he will end up in the Hall of Fame "like it or not."

Best ever? Child please. Chad wouldn't make any respectable list of Top 50 wideouts of all time, and probably wouldn't rank any higher than Top 10 when ranked against the best WR's playing right now.

As for the Hall of Fame, I think Chad kissed the baby on that one with last seasons ridiculous 12 month long meltdown. Not a chance.

Besides, how funny will it be when we get to watch an eighty year old Chad whine about how the NFL is unfairly keeping him out of the HOF because of all of his Ocho Cinco nonsense?

Whoa, I couldn't disagree more!

Best ever? Absolutely not! But he is easily one of the Top 50 recievers of all time, and are you kidding me? He is easily ranked in the Top 10 playing right now!

I've said this for awhile, he's a basterd...yes but he is easily one of the best route runners I have ever seen and the top route runner in today's game easily...uncoverable!

Hall of Fame is easily in reach if we win at least one Super Bowl in his career. He still has at least 3 great years left in him, I wouldn't of said that last year, and he's already the Bengals all-time leading reciever and its not even close.

Some of you have to get over what he did last year and tainting one of the greatest Bengals to ever wear stripes!

Some of you have to get over what he did last year and tainting one of the greatest Bengals biggest douches to ever wear stripes!

Fixed it for ya'.