Bengals GM leaps to action!

TJJackson

Looks like Son-of-a-Genius has finally taken notice (tho he denies it in interviews) of WhodeyRevolution

The more burrs in his saddle, the better, as far as I am concerned

The pilot who towed the WhoDeyRevolution banners deriding Mike Brown at training camp is being targeted by the FAA, he says, at the Bengals insistence. The guy believes he'll lose his "authorization to tow.'' He has had to pay his attorney to defend himself. Does anyone else believe this to be The Crock of the Day?

Brown is known for ordering security lackeys to tear down "negative'' banners during home games. Heaven forbid that a paying fan base should express its displeasure with the worst franchise in the loop the last 18 years. Forget, for a second, that PBS is a publicly owned and financed facility, where the tenant should not be allowed to remove signage that isn't obscene or over-the-top personal. Now, he wants to control the airspace as well. Back in the day, he pressured WLW to take A. Furman off Sunday morning Sportstalk, for telling fans not to buy tickets. In other words, Mike's a big Kill the Messenger man.

(As a side note: I still have the photo someone took of a sign from last year that read "P-DOC FOR GM!!'' Thanks for thinking of me, but I'd rather skinny dip in a piranha pool.)

Here's a notion: Win some games. Winning games will shut the ba----ds up. The airwaves and the printed media will be full of free-speech praise. Meantime, the poor pilot is being hassled by the mighty FAA, at the behest of the petty Bengals.

What a crock.

Nice to know - when one has money, one can attempt to deny others things like the constitutional right of freedom of speech - which includes printed materials that are not obscene, btw.

Son-of-a-Genius can rape the city/county for millions, but can spend his highly-paid time as a GM working noit to get us better players or some other on-the-field-enhancement - but rather to ensure that this pilot (who probably scrapes by on minimal income) cant earn a living.

What an absolute sh1tbag he is.

Oh, and anyone who wants to try to defend Brown over this is an absolute monumental f*ckt*rd in my book

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to defend, but all the aspects of this issue are not given in this small blurb. Maybe the pilot actually did something illegal by flying to close to the stadium or something. I will reserve my opinion unitll further details are given.

If it turns out to be SOP trying to repress freedom of speech I'm totally behind you, but I will not fly off the handle at something untill all the facts are shown the lite of day. That would make me a Democratic politician, YUCK!!

I think if Brown worked as hard trying to get a winning product on the field as he did trying to get people not to say bad stuff about the Bengals he wouldn't have to worry about the former.

If he doesn't like what people say about him he shouldn't give them any ammunition. Build a winning organization and you don't have to worry about this, Mikey.

Pumpkin & soP obviously have rabbit ears when it comes to criticism. To think otherwise, is just wrong. Will it affect change....probably not. Will it embarrass them? Probably, and I'm all for that. Thanks to soP's bestest employee (in the whole wide world) the sheep herders of Hamilton County handed the Bengals the deal of the century. For this lapse in judgement, they now have the pleasure of bumping into more criminals and degenerates that would otherwise be boarded in a properly funded and staffed prison.

Have you hugged Bob yet today Mike????

welllllll.....ok......maybe.....eh......the actual subject matters more to me in this case than who happened to convey it

Well, what exactly was the subject matter of that finely crafted article?

Mike Brown bad. Pilot gooder.

All things considered, a stupid article written for a single purpose...to stir up dinks like you.

Hooray.

And hey, guess what, per Lance, it's all BS...

It kind of occurred to me that it might be bad intel. While Mikey might be able to hoodwink the soft-brained and easily impressionable types on the city and county commissions, the feds are a whole other matter.

Here's how I have it working out if he did try it:

<Mikey>Hi, I'm Mike Brown and some asshat with an airplane is making fun of me.

<FAA>Hey, are you the idiot with the crappy NFL team? Stop bothering me.

One interesting factor to this: Doc states that the pilot "says" he's being targeted. That would imply better than innuendo, as reported. So either this thing actually happened, or the pilot thinks he's being harassed but is wrong, or Doc seriously over-reported this thing. I know which option Hair will go with, but let's leave it as an open question for now.

So either this thing actually happened, or the pilot thinks he's being harassed but is wrong, or Doc seriously over-reported this thing. I know which option Hair will go with, but let's leave it as an open question for now.

Call it whatever you want but it's jusy more proof of how lousy a writer Doc is.

In fact, I think it's fair to say Paul Daugherty is the Mike Brown of sportswriters.

Freedom of Speech is suppressed (or rather efforts made to suppress) all the time in America and other Western democracies (most of the time by government) - especially if there's a nice law that is broken in the process thus making whatever someone is saying moot. We're still standing though.

The guy's license might not be pulled anyhow so let's wait a second.

So either this thing actually happened, or the pilot thinks he's being harassed but is wrong, or Doc seriously over-reported this thing. I know which option Hair will go with, but let's leave it as an open question for now.

Call it whatever you want but it's jusy more proof of how lousy a writer Doc is.

In fact, I think it's fair to say Paul Daugherty is the Mike Brown of sportswriters.

"The Bengals looked sharp, narrowly losing out to the Steelers 37-3. Ndukwe left the game with a cracked dome but it was a cheap shot from Ward so look for a long suspension in Ward's future. The Bengals might not have won but they certainly notched up another moral victory. "We looked good, we felt good, and sometimes we played good too," gushed Coach Lewis.

At 1-7, this loss was only a minor setback on the road to the playoffs. Despite only producing 35 yards of offense, and surrendering 387 yards on defense, the Bengals are clearly poised to start a long winning streak culminating with a Super Bowl victory. etc etc etc"

This is the kind of crap HOF would prefer. Honesty about the Bengals is waaay too "negative."

That's a pretty impressive mancrush you've got going, MommaBear.

Whenever someone insults Doc you always rush in to defend whatever scraps are left of his reputation.

Then again, it's dinks like you that Daugherty is writing for, so props to him for knowing what his audience wants. And props to you for slurping it down despite the bitter taste.

You're deflecting.

This is about Daugherty, not Brown.

Daugherty apparently printed a lie. Which was guessed at, given the lack of quotes and what not.

It's okay for Daugherty to lie because it's about Mike Brown, is that your point?

Hasn't Mike Brown done enough really stupid s**t that there is no need for Daugherty to go around and make s**t up? Or is the point that Mike Brown deserves to have lies printed about him in the paper, just because?

Help me out here.

You're deflecting.

Daugherty apparently printed a lie. Which was guessed at, given the lack of quotes and what not.

It's okay for Daugherty to lie because it's about Mike Brown, is that your point?

Hasn't Mike Brown done enough really stupid s**t that there is no need for Daugherty to go around and make s**t up? Or is the point that Mike Brown deserves to have lies printed about him in the paper, just because?

Help me out here.

Doc should have verified, I'll agree with you there. But I also think Mike Brown deserves to be bashed and even harassed by the local media, regardless of validity. Remember... I'm the guy who will throw a party the day Mike Brown dies and more likely than not end up taking a steaming crap on his grave.

So any Mike Brown bashing I am all for it. It took non-stop teasing of his grandkids for him to make a change last time. Maybe people need to get back on that too.

The only thing I found interesting is the absurd idea that someone is still paying Paul Daugherty to write.

Crock of the day, indeed.

Indeed. Daugherty is such an ass. But his dull carping does go hand in hand with so many of the bilious rubes who populate this board with their crap.

You're deflecting.

Help me out here.

Doc should have verified, I'll agree with you there. But I also think Mike Brown deserves to be bashed and even harassed by the local media, regardless of validity. Remember... I'm the guy who will throw a party the day Mike Brown dies and more likely than not end up taking a steaming crap on his grave.

So any Mike Brown bashing I am all for it. It took non-stop teasing of his grandkids for him to make a change last time. Maybe people need to get back on that too.

So, in other words, you're ok with just making stuff up as long as it makes someone look bad. It's nice to know you have integrity. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, that's what most of us suspected here anyway, so thanks for confirming it.

You're deflecting.

No, No....it's about Brown. See thread title.

No, No.....looks like some of the details are coming in now.....this is almost certainly about Son-of-a-Genius being every bit the petty tyrant he most certainly is