Worst uniform in sports? Come on!

walzav29

1st the Bengals helmet is the best in the NFL!!!

2nd The Uni's are still some of the most recognizable and I think they are still better looking than most.

3rd how can any discussion of ugly outdated uni's not even mention the horrible Browns color scheme and bland logo designs?

This guy is probably a Browns fan and cant stand that they have never even made it to the SB.

This is one of those piece of crap stories that is written just to irk enough fans into reading his useless opinions.

Win a Superbowl and the clammering will be about how great the uniforms are - including the helmets!

There was talk some years ago about changing the helmets and I spoke to Mike Brown about it (i really did!) and told him that the helmets were fantastic and should not be changed. Infact it's the bengals stripey helemt that attracted me to the sport and the team in the first place.

Now, if I had become a Cleveland fan and said that I was attracted into the sport by brown helmets I'm sure my mother would be worrying !!!!

Weighing in on this, I'd love if the team used the old helmets once or twice in throwback games. That said, I like the current helmets, and actually would like to see them use a reverse, i.e. black with orange stripes, when they do the special orange uniform deal.

I wouldn't mind seeing the jerseys go back to something from the Super Bowl era just because I do think the current ones are too busy, and I would never advocate ANYTHING that has the giant p***y cat on the shoulder, ala pre-2005.

Weighing in on this, I'd love if the team used the old helmets once or twice in throwback games. That said, I like the current helmets, and actually would like to see them use a reverse, i.e. black with orange stripes, when they do the special orange uniform deal.

I wouldn't mind seeing the jerseys go back to something from the Super Bowl era just because I do think the current ones are too busy, and I would never advocate ANYTHING that has the giant p***y cat on the shoulder, ala pre-2005.

And how sensitive is this filter when I can't even type the legitimate usage of the word 'p***y'?

Doesn't this "worst uniform" thing come up every year? I tend to think the changes from a few years back were not that great, but the helmets have always been really unique - by far the best in the league. Sure, there's not that much you can do with orange, black & white, but the uniforms are fine. It's just more offseason blather and it's probably exactly the same story from last year and the year before.

Doesn't this "worst uniform" thing come up every year?

It's funny, the Bengals typically finish both in the top and bottom ten in these sort of polls.

I tend to think the changes from a few years back were not that great, but the helmets have always been really unique - by far the best in the league. Sure, there's not that much you can do with orange, black & white, but the uniforms are fine.

Just my opinion but if I were in charge I'd keep the helmet unchanged but simplify the design of the uniform. It's too busy and I've never liked any of the recent jersey/pant combos...especially anything involving the team whites. In fact, I'd eliminate white from the uniform anywhere I could while putting more emphasis on grey. No stripe patterns on the shoulders either.

In short, more orange, more black, more grey, no white anywhere besides the numbers, and fewer tiger stripes. Because let's face it, sometimes this team looks like a 53 man roster staffed by strippers and Cher impersonators.

• Like 1

really, i agree...our uniforms are gross and nasty. that being said, our helmets are, hands down, the best in the League.

1.)We better never put logo or name back on to the side of the helmet... I have always loved the stripes...

2.)Though few minor why did they do that? not bad enough to knock the uni as a whole

3.)He hated on the Orange & Black on Black he must die!!!!!!!!!! o_O

How f*cking sad is it that people somehow think a uniform is or isn't cool based upon the teams win loss record ??

The helmet is the best, the uniforms don't bother me, I hate the idea of the sh*tty throwback with Bengals written on the helmet, and love the black on black top and bottom combo.

Like the helmet, the uni's, I can take it or leave it, I'm glad they are the Bengals and not the Leopards, can you imagine spots instead of stripes... :lol:

I have seen the future and it only gets worse.

Because who can forget the tiger based football uniform Johny Rico was wearing during the championship game that ended when he lept completely over evil Zander's head before landing in the endzone, thereby temporarily winning the heart of the lovely but incompetent acting Carmen...only to lose her again after the bugs destroy Buenos Aires and she leaves for space pilot school while Rico's poor grades limit him to a life of infantry duty and one stinking roll in the sheets with Dizzy, who promptly dies.

Now THOSE were bad uniforms.

I have seen the future and it only gets worse.

Because who can forget the tiger based football uniform Johny Rico was wearing during the championship game that ended when he lept completely over evil Zander's head before landing in the endzone, thereby temporarily winning the heart of the lovely but incompetent acting Carmen...only to lose her again after the bugs destroy Buenos Aires and she leaves for space pilot school while Rico's poor grades limit him to a life of infantry duty and one stinking roll in the sheets with Dizzy, who promptly dies.

Now THOSE were bad uniforms.

Thanks...now I feel stoned.

Never been a fan of the stripes, ever.

Well there's a shocker.

C'mon Hair, what's not to like about looking like the Browns with the exception of the high speed "Bengals" graphic on the helmet like it use to be ??

I mean outside of it looking like complete sh*t, just like the Browns uniforms still do ??

Funny thing is, they say it's a historical thing to argue why their uniforms are so good. I think it's more a sh*t thing when looking at them.

Funny thing is, they [brownie fans] say it's a historical thing to argue why their uniforms are so good.

Well, if it were a historical thing wouldn't Cleveland Brown helmets still be basic white?

BTW, if Cleveland ever did update their uniforms the sudden need to buy a second outfit of overpriced NFL sanctioned clothing would probably bankrupt the citizens of half of the state.

Doesn't this "worst uniform" thing come up every year?

It's funny, the Bengals typically finish both in the top and bottom ten in these sort of polls.

I tend to think the changes from a few years back were not that great, but the helmets have always been really unique - by far the best in the league. Sure, there's not that much you can do with orange, black & white, but the uniforms are fine.

Just my opinion but if I were in charge I'd keep the helmet unchanged but simplify the design of the uniform. It's too busy and I've never liked any of the recent jersey/pant combos...especially anything involving the team whites. In fact, I'd eliminate white from the uniform anywhere I could while putting more emphasis on grey. No stripe patterns on the shoulders either.

In short, more orange, more black, more grey, no white anywhere besides the numbers, and fewer tiger stripes. Because let's face it, sometimes this team looks like a 53 man roster staffed by strippers and Cher impersonators.

I'm with you on this.....If I had any type of computer graphics skills, I'd draw it up myself.

Growing up, one of the things that drew me to the Bengals(parents were giants fans), along with living in the area, was the uniforms. I always loved orange and black, and the stripes.

Besides, for me, worst uniforms in sports are the cleeland browns, and the oregon ducks green/yellow football ones.

Alright I gotta be fair on this one. The Bungles do not have the ugliest uniforms, I actually don't think they look that bad. The Ravens and Steelers have hideous uniforms as well as the p***y Dolphins. The Bills uniforms are ugly as well, and s**t... ours aren't anything grand, but the Ravens IMO have the ugliest, what kind of grown men wear purple?