Official Ocho Twitter Update Thread

gregstephens

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still haven't changed that picture, ehh?

Not that I'm complaining because we all love a good laugh.

As for the tweeting thang, I'm waiting for one like this....

"Just got in fight with big dude over last french fry. He still hitting me. Bleeding on phone. Hard to type. Boxing lessons not working out so gude 4 me. Ouch....just lost a toof. Dude hitting me with bofe hands. He good. Think I just tasted my spleen. Sorta like chicken nugget. Or maybe filet O fish. Uh oh, here comes the haymaker. Passing out now. Tweet dreams fo Chad. Mommy."

Still haven't changed that picture, ehh?

Not that I'm complaining because we all love a good laugh.

As for the tweeting thang, I'm waiting for one like this....

"Just got in fight with big dude over last french fry. He still hitting me. Bleeding on phone. Hard to type. Boxing lessons not working out so gude 4 me. Ouch....just lost a toof. Dude hitting me with bofe hands. He good. Think I just tasted my spleen. Sorta like chicken nugget. Or maybe filet O fish. Uh oh, here comes the haymaker. Passing out now. Tweet dreams fo Chad. Mommy."

The picture thing has sorta become legend on this board. My vanity has died considerably over the past twenty years, so I kinda hate to change it actually.

That's actually a pretty funny 'tweet' btw.

I don't give a sh*t if he is or isn't underpaid (I think he is) but I also feel if he has the monster type season he and many others feel he will, the Bengals will compensate and he will return with a new contract. My next thought is going to be, how much do you pay him ?? He will be what 32 next year ?? Does it even seem remotely smart to pay him in the range of Fitzgerald or anyone in that range ?? I would think not, but hey, you never know what the hell is going to happen with this.

We need a f*cking Chad sub-forum here with all this bullsh*t !!!

I don't give a sh*t if he is or isn't underpaid (I think he is) but I also feel if he has the monster type season he and many others feel he will, the Bengals will compensate and he will return with a new contract. My next thought is going to be, how much do you pay him ?? He will be what 32 next year ?? Does it even seem remotely smart to pay him in the range of Fitzgerald or anyone in that range ?? I would think not, but hey, you never know what the hell is going to happen with this.

Come on, AB, throw the man some love. He can't even afford to pay his satellite bill, for crying out loud.

:lol:

Saying sh*t like that just seems disrespectful to the fans who pay a ton of money to come watch the team every Sunday and don't make a fraction of the amount he does.

Just me...

In fairness, he didn't say he couldn't afford it, but I thought it was a funny post to tack onto the money talk. My job on the column, admittedly, it to stoke some fires. Hey, it's media, right?

I have a suggestion. Start a thread called "The Daily Twit" and post each Chad related douchery there. That way those of us who aren't as amused can ignore MOST of the blathering.

And I say most of the blathering because there WILL be spillover into other threads. After all, Chad's twittering is little more than a defacto daily press leak/release from a player who probably couldn't spell restraint, and he's promised to keep it up all season long...including during games.

It makes my bowels flop just thinking about it.

I have a suggestion. Start a thread called "The Daily Twit" and post each Chad related douchery there. That way those of us who aren't as amused can ignore MOST of the blathering.

THANK YOU!!! Mods... can we get this done please? If I wanted to know every time Chad twittered, I'd sign up or subscribe, or whatever the kids are doing these days.

THANK YOU!!! Mods... can we get this done please? If I wanted to know every time Chad twittered, I'd sign up or subscribe, or whatever the kids are doing these days.

But you don't have to. That's why I'm here. Read them if you want, don't if you don't. My reports on his twitter activity is actually seeing a spike a readership, however. Nothing else newsworthy going on with the team, so a lot of people are reading for kicks and giggles.

But you don't have to. That's why I'm here. Read them if you want, don't if you don't. My reports on his twitter activity is actually seeing a spike a readership, however. Nothing else newsworthy going on with the team, so a lot of people are reading for kicks and giggles.

A spike in your readership is no reason to clutter up the board with multiple threads that I have to sift through to find something worth reading.

There is no reason that there can't be a single "Chad Twitter" thread updated to the minute if you like... but this multiple threads a day thing has got to stop.

A spike in your readership is no reason to clutter up the board with multiple threads that I have to sift through to find something worth reading.

There is no reason that there can't be a single "Chad Twitter" thread updated to the minute if you like... but this multiple threads a day thing has got to stop.

The 'Chad Twitter' thread isn't a bad idea. I will consolidate.

Thanks. That's all I was asking for.

I don't want to deny anyone the ability to get multiple Chad fixes a day if that is their desire. But for my part... I don't find it all that interesting, and having just one thread to skim over while I'm looking for news of rookie signings and the like is more convenient.

Seriously, call it "The Daily Twit" and do that sticky thing you mods sometimes do. That way it stays on the first page all year long. Then update it as often as you feel compelled to. Readers who care about whether Chad has a stool to sit on when shopping can check in often, but the board clutter won't get out of hand for those of us who steadfastly refuse to give a s**t.

Last point. As it was my idea I should get half of the profits.

Done and done. Hair, the checks in the mail brother !!!

Mark, thank you much. That is a lot cleaner. I'm not especially thrilled with 'cyber-stalking' Fredo either, but people do read. This will give folks more of an option.

Make sure you sign my name on Hair's check.

Thanks guys.

Done and done. Hair, the checks in the mail brother !!!

Mark, thank you much. That is a lot cleaner. I'm not especially thrilled with 'cyber-stalking' Fredo either, but people do read. This will give folks more of an option.

Make sure you sign my name on Hair's check.

Thanks guys.

To easy...

Hair, I can't get the check thing together, so if you let me know how you want your .17 cents broken down, I'll get it to you quick in a ziplock baggie !!!

Hair, I can't get the check thing together, so if you let me know how you want your .17 cents broken down, I'll get it to you quick in a ziplock baggie !!!

Sadly, I must confess I usually look forward to enjoying the contents of a ziplock bag with a bit more enthusiasm than I'm feeling right now.

Sadly, I must confess I usually look forward to enjoying the contents of a ziplock bag with a bit more enthusiasm than I'm feeling right now.

...and the 17 cents isn't likely to get you much in 'equivalent exchange' either, I suspect.

:D