Anyone understand what Chad said last night?

walzav29

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Try please...

... to have faith in me"

... to not get hurt"

... to work as hard as i am"

... to get over the fact i'm not there"

... to look forward to a season with 4000 passing yards and 30 touchdowns, with me catching most of them"

... to see the good in what i'm doing"

"Try please...

... to have faith in me"

... to not get hurt"

... to work as hard as i am"

... to get over the fact i'm not there"

... to look forward to a season with 4000 passing yards and 30 touchdowns, with me catching most of them"

... to see the good in what i'm doing"

Oh this is so going to be such a fun game.

"Try please...

...to get me out of Cincinnati"

...to get me reunited with my buddy TJ"

...to get Cheech Henry busted"

...to find me another cool nickname, preferably French this time"

...to find me another race horse to race"

...to find me a NASCAR if a horse isn't available"

Next?

Well what the hell does that mean?

He meant that he was embarressed by his performance (or lack thereof) last year. IIRC, he also apologized to the fans, coaches and his teammates for it as well.

Sounds like Chad has accepted the fact that he'll be a Bengal until Mike Brown decides enough is enough...which not be until his deal is up.

Don't remember where i read it, but saw somewhere that Chad is up to 210 pounds, which is 9-11 pounds over his playing weight from last season (side note: I've always thought his listed weight was 25-35 pounds off of his actual playing weight). "The Shark" is Twitt'n he's in the best shape of his career, and he did look '04-ish quick on the NFL Network segment.

A rejuvenated Coles, alongside a rededicated Chad and Henry could be dangerous.

From the looks of things, it certainly doesn't bode well for Jerome seeing any significant PT, especially considering that he's a minus ST player, at this point.

I know it's a disgustingly beat-up topic, but I found it very interesting that Chad said tonight that he didn't workout or work on his game AT ALL prior to last season, which he admits were majors factors in his injury and his overall down year. He goes on to admit that getting out of Cincinnati was his main focus prior to last season. I like that fact that he keeps mentioning his yardage for the year, last season. I've been an admitted basher, but I'm interested to see how he boucnes back.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...inco-on-the-set

Well, we just have to wait and see. I hope he's right. I hope he comes in here and has a monster season and becomes the greatest teammate ever. However, I'm still skeptical because I just keep hearing a bunch of "I's" and "me's" when he's talking. I don't think he's changed a bit. But I hope he has because it's obvious he's not going anywhere and he's going to be a part of this team until his contract is up.

I know it's a disgustingly beat-up topic, but I found it very interesting that Chad said tonight that he didn't workout or work on his game AT ALL prior to last season, which he admits were majors factors in his injury and his overall down year. He goes on to admit that getting out of Cincinnati was his main focus prior to last season. I like that fact that he keeps mentioning his yardage for the year, last season. I've been an admitted basher, but I'm interested to see how he boucnes back.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...inco-on-the-set

Not many have been harder on Chad than me. I hadn't seen that video before... and while I'm I still think the Bengals should have traded him prior to last season, he seems far more contrite than I would have ever imagined. So you have to give credit where it is due.

That said... I don't really understand his unwillingness to make contact with the coaching staff when he seems more than willing to do national interviews. That's a strange kind of "solitude" he keeps talking about. But whatever. He's a odd duck.

But like Marvin... I see better than I hear. Even if he really has turned over a new leaf, I wonder how long it will take for that cocky prima donna to show up again if his production get back to where it was. Time will tell.

I, like Derek, have beaten up Chad for some time now and I like what I "heard" from Chad in the video. I think what he said all but validates EVERYTHING some of us have been ranting about for some time. Him saying he didn't prepare, didn't lift weights, didn't run routes all go to the type of season he had regardless of everything else going on with the team. How can anyone here still defend that ?? Like the guy all you want, but there's now no denying he put all of his effort into being the douche we have seen for a while now as opposed to being a professional. THANKS CHAD !!!

I guess that's about as close to an apology (that I don't need) as you are going to get from Chad. You know what though ?? I'll take it. I think it takes some heart to go on a show like that and admit you did nothing to make yourself better and were basically a complete f*ckrag for that period of time. So sure, I can give credit where credit is due and good for him, but the proof will come when he gets back on the field like he says he's going to.

I think there was still the side of him that's pissed off coming through, but it will have to wait to see how it turns out. Bottomline for me is that I hope he does well, but I'm no longer going to root for him personally as I use to and just hope his indivdual success benefits the team.

I, like Derek, have beaten up Chad for some time now and I like what I "heard" from Chad in the video. I think what he said all but validates EVERYTHING some of us have been ranting about for some time. Him saying he didn't prepare, didn't lift weights, didn't run routes all go to the type of season he had regardless of everything else going on with the team. How can anyone here still defend that ?? Like the guy all you want, but there's now no denying he put all of his effort into being the douche we have seen for a while now as opposed to being a professional. THANKS CHAD !!!

I guess that's about as close to an apology (that I don't need) as you are going to get from Chad. You know what though ?? I'll take it. I think it takes some heart to go on a show like that and admit you did nothing to make yourself better and were basically a complete f*ckrag for that period of time. So sure, I can give credit where credit is due and good for him, but the proof will come when he gets back on the field like he says he's going to.

I think there was still the side of him that's pissed off coming through, but it will have to wait to see how it turns out. Bottomline for me is that I hope he does well, but I'm no longer going to root for him personally as I use to and just hope his indivdual success benefits the team.

Ditto. And from this point, regardless of whatever other 'psuedo Fredo' threats pop up, or whatever other threads are outright hijacked, I've no more comment on the issue. Let's hope he does very well this season.

I am willing to give 85 another shot, if he is truely going to give his all. With Chad back in the mix at 100%, Coles, Henry, Caldwell, Simpson and an improved TE corp Palmer should not have to look far for an open target to throw to.

That said, what he did and said last season was very desrespectfull to the organization that gave him his big chance and loads of cash to play this game. He will have to prove himself all over again to get any of the respect/fanaticism that he had in the past.

Palmer when healthy last season seemed to never consistently have a truely open WO to throw to, maybe Chad not prepping for the season and slacking off was the main reason for all the sacks.

We will see, June 18th is the start of mandatory mini camp. Hopefully chad shows up and wows the coaches without returning to the overblown windbag that he was the last two seasons.

My last comments on 85 untill after mini camp.

Palmer when healthy last season seemed to never consistently have a truely open WO to throw to, maybe Chad not prepping for the season and slacking off was the main reason for all the sacks.

sacks are never the fault of the reciever. sacks are a result of bad protection, nothing else.

sacks are never the fault of the reciever. sacks are a result of bad protection, nothing else.

You've never heard of a coverage sack I guess.

Anyone who continually defends Ocho Noshow hasn't heard of a lot of things I would think.

Anyone who continually defends Ocho Noshow hasn't heard of a lot of things I would think.

Last year was the perfect storm for the Bengals opponents when it came to sacks. For the short time that Palmer was healthy, there was no running game, no cohesion with WR's, and piss poor pass protection (say that 5 times fast).

It's not about blaming Chad or defending him. It's simply about holding each player accountable for their own actions. And by his own admission, he didn't prepare for the season, and I'd wager that he played a part in Palmer getting injured. Maybe not as obvious a one as Ghiacuic... but when you're best WR has no timing with his QB, is out of shape, and doesn't care... that's not going to have a positive impact on the number of sacks the QB has to take.