Fearless Prediction on Late Draftees/Signees

rwalling

i don't really know too much about trent but it was kind of a head scratcher when they took him. he's big and has good straight line speed i've read he is a sure tackler and marvin loves that. i guess his biggest problem is technique and turning his hips to run with receivers but those are the types of things that can be taught. i know there is built in hatred for U of M players from some of you so there's that . . . but it was fairly curious.

it'd be great if they both show enough to make the team. out of curiosity why is cosby so old? was he in the service? mormon? peace corps?

Quantwan played baseball in the Angels organization for 4 years. Based on his strikeout numbers, he might've had some problems with the offspeed stuff.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/p...id=cosby-001qua

I think that Cosby makes the team. I also think the Lucky has a chance, but he'll need to prove he can stay healthy and play Special Teams. I was reading earlier that Trent was a late invite to the Senior Bowl and in the few practices he had with the North he was picking off everything and was easily the best CB on the North squad. He didn't play in the game and I'll look back for the link. He also had an INT in the East-West game that set up the game winning score, so maybe he's a player on the rise. He does have outstanding measurables and was fairly productive in a big-time conference. He probably has the easiest road to making the team in only needing to beat out Castille and Pope.

Looks like Brad St. Louis has some competition, from Joe Reedy:

Tight end Darius Hill, long snapper James Smith and defensive tackle Pernell Phillips, who were tryout players at rookie minicamp this weekend, were signed as college free agents on Sunday at the end of the rookie minicamp.

With those three signings, the roster currently stands at 86. It must be at 80 at the beginning of training camp.

OH MY GAWD! We need to sign James Smith, long-snapper from Florida baby! Finally, we can get rid of Brad St. Louis. James Smith is awesome, he played on kickoff coverage as well as being the long snapper for punt coverage. Hell, his senior season he scored a touchdown! This kid just wants to play, he wants to tackle people as well, unlike crappy Brad St. Louis, I've never liked him, especially after his botched snaps that costs us the playoffs a couple of years ago.

OH MY GAWD! We need to sign James Smith, long-snapper from Florida baby! Finally, we can get rid of Brad St. Louis. James Smith is awesome, he played on kickoff coverage as well as being the long snapper for punt coverage. Hell, his senior season he scored a touchdown! This kid just wants to play, he wants to tackle people as well, unlike crappy Brad St. Louis, I've never liked him, especially after his botched snaps that costs us the playoffs a couple of years ago.

Don't worry, dumping St. Louis for Smith will put at least $500k into Mikey's pocket. He'll be a Bengal.

Don't worry, dumping St. Louis for Smith will put at least $500k into Mikey's pocket. He'll be a Bengal.

Brad Saint Louis is very long in the tooth. At least in the terms of NFL players. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was released.

Brad Saint Louis is very long in the tooth. At least in the terms of NFL players. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was released.

Yeah, me either. He's expensive (relatively speaking, of course) and with Larson gone the "don't break up the team" argument is moot.

That said, props to Brad. I remember when he was drafted and my response was "thank Gawd!" because the Bengals' long-snapping was yet another disaster zone that he came in and stabilized from day 1.

Yeah, me either. He's expensive (relatively speaking, of course) and with Larson gone the "don't break up the team" argument is moot.

That said, props to Brad. I remember when he was drafted and my response was "thank Gawd!" because the Bengals' long-snapping was yet another disaster zone that he came in and stabilized from day 1.

Indeed and I'm up for giving the young guy a chance but hopefully the best long snapper wins!

Indeed and I'm up for giving the young guy a chance but hopefully the best long snapper wins!

Yup. Hobson had a little blip way at the bottom of his latest update on Smith, noting that he got his contract after showing he could get the ball from the ground to the punter at NFL speed, and that the challenge for him will be to demonstrate he can protect after the snap. He runs 6-2, about 240 per reports, versus St. Louis at 6-3, 243, so he has the size. And by all accounts he majored in Busting His Ass at Florida. Gotta like the kid's chances.

Yup. Hobson had a little blip way at the bottom of his latest update on Smith, noting that he got his contract after showing he could get the ball from the ground to the punter at NFL speed, and that the challenge for him will be to demonstrate he can protect after the snap. He runs 6-2, about 240 per reports, versus St. Louis at 6-3, 243, so he has the size. And by all accounts he majored in Busting His Ass at Florida. Gotta like the kid's chances.

Ended up tying the record for most games played in all-time at Florida, after making it as a walk-on. Tebow says he was the hardest working player on the team, and that's a major endorsement. I'm interested in seeing what he can do.