7th Round #1: Fui Vakapuna

ArmyBengal

Only thing I could find.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/11/wr-collie-...at-byu-pro-day/

Bengals running backs coach Jim Anderson was there to work out in conjunction with RB Fui Vakapuna. He worked out, as all the players did, indoors on FieldTurf and could be more of a fullback in the NFL. He measured in at 5-11 ¼, 244 pounds and ran a 4.83 and a 4.84 in the 40. He had a 34-inch vertical and a 9-foot, 2-inch broad jump, 29 bench press reps, a 4.40 short shuttle and a 7.37 three-cone drill.

Can he block though >_<,I'm glad we still drafted a fullback that way were not just handing J.Johnson his job back.

I think its safe to assume he is a skilled blocker because if we wanted a fullback that was a mediocre lead blocker that could get yards it would have been Jorvorskie Lane or Brock Bolen.

None of you seem to remember but we talked about this guy for weeks. This is my boy, the Samoan with the nearly unpronouncable name. Vakapuna was Tahi's replacement at BYU, the guy described by nearly everyone as his virtual clone. He's a RB who grew too big for the position, but he can block and he's a very soft handed reciever.

I'm all about the Vakapuna.

None of you seem to remember but we talked about this guy for weeks. This is my boy, the Samoan with the nearly unpronouncable name. Vakapuna was Tahi's replacement at BYU, the guy described by nearly everyone as his virtual clone. He's a RB who grew too big for the position, but he can block and he's a very soft handed reciever.

Good job Hair. :sure:

This was an ok pick but just wondering why we didn't take R. Jennings with one of our first 2 7th rnders or even a 6th?

Because we have 2 Bruising running backs in Cedric & Russel what we needed was a change of pace back...

Fui Vakapuna will be a full back not a power back.

This was an ok pick but just wondering why we didn't take R. Jennings with one of our first 2 7th rnders or even a 6th?

We already have 3 RBs on the roster that are over 225 pounds and Jennings probably doesn't offer as much on Special Teams as Scott. Jennings almost went undrafted, so there's obviously some concern on how well he'll transition to the league.

I recall vividly the conversation that took place in regards to this kid and remember the Bengals coaches saying how much he impressed them.

Nice call there Hair !!!