6th Round #1: Morgan Trent

ArmyBengal

Meh. I'll take Morgan Trent together with Leon again. Apparently the Bengals think they're set at RB. I tend to disagree, but.....

I'll bet that the Bengals don't take a RB with their last 6th rounder, either.

Sadly I will not be here for that. I have to leave for *shudder* work in 20 minutes.

Yes! Yes ! This is another one of my guys- I love this guy as a #3 CB - he is someone that could start if needed

He is a big CB he is 6-1 193 and great production

5/17/08: Morgan Trent improved in 2007 after struggling the year before. He had 106 tckles, 18 pass breakups and four interceptions.

He runs a 4.43

Yup, First pick I am not happy with. Dude gets burnt likes it's his job. He has good speed, but that is about it.

I guess it depends what you're asking him to do. If he plays strictly as the nickle, he's not likely to get burnt too often... and Michigan didn't exactly surround him with talent either.

Anyway... Like I said, there are other CB's I would have preferred here - but I can't get too worked up about a 6th rounder I disagree with.

He looked really good at the combine and has elite speed. He beat Ted Ginn Jr. in both the 100m and the 200m in highschool.

and Tedd Ginn, Santonio Holmes, and Brian Robiskie (who does not have great speed) all made him look terrible. It wasn't just them either. I have seen almost every one of his games, and not impressed is an understatement. Clearly they are not going to get a starting CB in the 6th, but I am not sure he is even a backup.

I could be wrong, but count me as considering this a wasted pick.

My wife is a U of M fan and I watch or listen to many of the games, cant say as this kid has ever made an impression on me good or bad. Hope he can become a solid #3 CB. Put me in the camp as hoping to be surprised by a U of M CB again, because I was not excited about Hall when picked, but he has turned out OK.

Y'know, sometimes, when you're on a roll, you keep pressin' your bet. If they have their eyes on multiple RB's, they may just be crossin' their fingers one (or more) will contine to fall.

Never heard of Morgan Trent, but he sounds like a CIA agent. Walter had him pegged for a low 4 - high 5 pick, and Scout.com had him at #14 CB & #109 overall.

It is a need pick - we're a little shorth in the dbs