2nd Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY IF BROWNS DON'T TAKE REY I KNOW SEAHAWKS WON'T TAKE HIM (CURRY) I THINK WE'LL GET EM!

Unger:

Overview

The Ducks couldn't have asked much more of Unger during his career. He started 51 consecutive games and earned all-conference honors in every season, including being named first-team All-Pac-10 the past two years. Even more impressive is that he earned those accolades at two positions: left tackle in 2005 and 2006 and center in 2007 and 2008. NFL scouts value that durability and versatility, as well as Unger's combination of size, toughness, solid technique and short-area quickness. Had an arm span of 32 1/2 inches and a hand span of 9 1/4 inches at the combine.

Positives: Understands positioning and can turn and seal his opponent away from the ballcarrier. Sustains his block through the whistle. Excellent hand placement, balance, anchor and mirroring technique as a pass blocker. Good technician who relies on his short-area quickness rather than size or strength for his success. Recognizes blitzes and picks them up consistently. Quick off the snap and able to get his hands into the defender's chest smoothly. Outside at tackle, has at least adequate quickness out of his stance to maintain a wall for the passer. Effective cut blocker inside and gets off the ground quickly. Few collegiate centers have his size and effectiveness on inside traps as well as pulls outside the tackle. Excellent quickness and balance getting out of his stance. Good foot speed to find targets downfield. Athletic enough to adjust to linebackers and safeties in space. Uses his feet and proper angles, instead of pure strength, to sustain. Very durable. Team leader on and off the field. Versatile enough to play left tackle and center at Oregon, moving inside to make room for JUCO transfer Feneki Tupou before 2007.

Negatives: Oregon's offensive scheme hid his deficiencies in drive blocking. Better suited inside than out. Adept at the shotgun snap, but needs experience with the quarterback under center. Will whiff in space when he overextends.

Reyrey isn't even first MLB....but come on take him in rnd 2!

U.S. Army Medical NCO

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 225

There's nothing after Unger at the Center position and a definite need. Had Wood still been available we may have taken a chance to wait, but I just don't think it's smart with the Steelers taking defense with their first pick.

Please be Unger !!!

I wouldn't mind Caldwell in rnd 3 but I don't like idea waiting for him....rather see them trade up towards end of 2nd round...

PS,with that being said I would love to have Unger just wonder how he'll hold up vs huge tackles of the north.

IM NOT WATCHIN THE BENGALS THIS YEAR IF WE DONT TAKE REY REY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!