Mucho Droppo absent for the first OTA

TJJackson

CTrent is down at the opening of the first 2009 OTA today, and says Ocho Stinko is not present, and that Carson says he has not talked to Chad.

Based on what we saw go down last year, I am calling this one now: Chad intends to tank 2009 pretty much just like he tanked 2008.

I don't care that it's "too early" to make such a call. Were it any almost other player, I might agree that I need to wait.

So much for that

Edit: CTrent also wrote "Ochocinco......during the Super Bowl week, said on NFL Network that he'd attend all the Bengals' off-season activities." So you can add "liar" to Chad's resume.

dude, WTF. he misses one OTA and you already say he'll tank this year? christ... owens missed the bills' first OTA too, and everyone was making a bit stink about it until they found out he was at a gala dinner for an MS foundation (his mom had MS).

how do you know he didn't have a valid reason?

Typical Chad fashion here. No new contract as he thought was a possibility and here he is sulking like a little b*tch refusing to be a part of the solution as opposed to part of the problem. This was not only a perfect opportunity for him to gain the respect BACK from many fans that have all but washed their hands of him, but a chance to be a leader within the organization and mentor the young WR's.

Chad is a complete douche who has proven yet again that he is only concerned about himself. I suppose when he does decide to show up, we will hear yet again how much he loves the fans and hopes we understand.

Yeah Chad, I understand, but get this... I DON'T GIVE A SH*T IF YOU LOVE ME OR ANY OTHER FAN. If you want that love in return, do the things you need to do to make this team a winner and quite being so damned selfish.

Oh yeah,

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!!

All the more reason I have been going on and on about how it's time to move on. Other teams move on from players all the time and are just fine with it. There's no way that the Bengals are going to do any worse just because Chad isn't on the team anymore. With Chad and TJ on the team, we managed 4 wins last year without Carson. With Carson back healthy again, do you really think we will be worse regardless of Chad ??

I don't...

I just truly think if there were ANY reason whatsoever the club could give to expalin his absence, they would be force feeding it to avoid the negative attention.

I liked Carson's response to the issue:

“I’m not worried about him, I’m worried about the guys we have here,” Palmer said. “The guys that want to be here and want to work hard are the guys that are here now and here this [offseason] and I don’t worry about anyone else.”

Next thing you know, Chad will be telling Carson to mind his own business and not worry about him. Good times !!!

I just truly think if there were ANY reason whatsoever the club could give to expalin his absence, they would be force feeding it to avoid the negative attention.

I liked Carson's response to the issue:

“I’m not worried about him, I’m worried about the guys we have here,” Palmer said. “The guys that want to be here and want to work hard are the guys that are here now and here this [offseason] and I don’t worry about anyone else.”

Next thing you know, Chad will be telling Carson to mind his own business and not worry about him. Good times !!!

I seem to recall Carson saying the exact same thing last year. And as we all know, that worked out pretty well. <_<

Another thing is TJ's contstant rants about how much Chad wants to leave. I don't understand the logic in keeping him. I hope they trade him to Detroit.

Because they probably fill if they take the cap hit for him they should at least get something worth doing so....get Dan Synder on the phone!

I'm sick of hearing the sorryass excuses offered up for this clown. He's never taking responsibility for his own actions or taken an interest in doing what it takes to make this "TEAM" win. It has been and still is all about HIM.

I seem to recall Carson saying the exact same thing last year. And as we all know, that worked out pretty well.

And why didn't that work out that well ?? It wouldn't have anything to do with Chad going off on a tangent and being a complete b*tch about the situation would it ?? Carson did then as he's doing now and leading this team. Chad is still being a p*ssy...

Give Chad and a 3rd rounder for the Eagles #1. Then sign Torry Holt. That would be perfect. With that pick draft Oher.

this is very unlikly to happen. 1. i don't see mike brown paying two first rd picks. 2. after TO i doubt the eagle want anything to do with a cancer like chad.

Their is a big difference between TO and Chad. TO destroys lockerrooms on a constant basis just because. Chad at least wanted more money and he was a puppet at the end of his agents string. For the most part Chad has had a good relationship with his QB's and until last season he was placed in a separate category than the old Moss and TO. I think he still has the talent and ability to be great, but I want some youth at the position. I don't want to have to rely on a rookie WR in a couple seasons when Coles and Chad are old as hell.

Chad may not "HAVE" been as much a cancer to his team as T.O. has been, but I'm going to sit back and pretend his actions aren't hurting this team. That's just turning a blind eye to the situation. Chad may have "HAD" a great relationship with his QB, but that hasn't been that way for a couple seasons now.

Does he have the ability to be great ?? Sure he does, I'm just not as concerned about him being great here in Cincinnati if this is the type of bullsh*t we have to continually deal with. Carson deserves to be able to speak his mind as the leader of this team without having some crybaby little b*tch go off when his action clearly affect this team.

I'm all about dealing with what we have without Chad and will be more than happy to take whatever comes with it. I think Carson would fare much better without Chad's bullsh*t attitude and distraction of the team.

is this the part of the off-season where you all obsess over everything chad?

b/c, if so, don't. Save your energy.

No obsession here. The guy didn't show when he went on national TV and said he would. There's been no excuses offered up for his absence and once again, he's proving to be nothing more than a pain in the ass. I would love to save my energy as opposed to have to deal with his bullsh*t, but here we are once again. Save my energy ?? All the team needs to do is get rid of him.